3G signal

redmanc84

Members
Jan 3, 2013
Hey,

Still having a bad 3G signal on my M2.

Can somebody with a good signal tell me their settings in Mobile Networks -> Access Point names

I have two options for 3G (3gnet, 3gwap) does anyone know the difference?

Thanks

ignore me! I just found out that h+ is better than 3G. Lesson for today learnt.
the problem is in the radio. You cant touch this in any method. In china the major country is only in 2g and for this reason xiaomi set the phone for 2g reception and the 3g is really poor.

as much as that might be true kekko i find that i get much better reception on this phone then i did with my old Galaxy s...

yea, i had a good 3g signal with my iPhone, now i got a good h+ signal with this

Sent from my MI 2 using Tapatalk 2

Same problem here in Italy. Operator H3g. The phone have great signal strenght in good condition on signal but when phone must switch (handover) between H3g and Tim so great problem. For me bad radio configuration. Can someone write Xiaomi engenireeng? Mark in new Xiaomi spirit they can send us new radio. Miflash can flash also radio so i don't see problem in testing european or american new radio

Has anyone successfully connected to a DC-HSDPA? From the Mi2S specs, this phone should be able to hit 42Mbps, but I have only gotten up to 21.6Mbps connected to HSPA+. FWIW, I live in the Netherlands and my provider, KPN, supposedly has DC-HSDPA.

The Network Signal Info app gives a lot of good cell/wifi info.

Xiaomi M2 and M2s have only 850/1900/2100MHz frequencies for 3G. In most countries, 900 MHz is being used for 3G (along with 2100) So it can have lower 3G signal on certain zones.
I don't know if this can be changed by software (because it has 900MHz band for 2G)