MULTI 5.3.20

Status
Not open for further replies.
he guys, quick question..

my friend has this redmi note 3g i ordered him, another has the note 4g. But 4g gets updated translated roms from xiaomi.eu.
And 3g model is still on the initial multilangrom i flashed for him, no updates found through seeking the phones system settings!

Can i safely flash 4g rom updates on note 3g wcdma model?? so he can enjoy same updates or is it no longer supported?
I see all the mi3 mi4 redmi note 4g redmi 1s etc getting updated roms to download but not the redmi note 3g wcdma!

IS it the same with mi3 "cancro" that it also even works on mi4?
Or does both version redmi note's have different roms to operate on?

REMOVED MIUI Browser and ADDED Google Chrome...
I know it's your project, and the decision is yours to make. However I think the choice to bundle an arbitrary third-party application is a wrong one. Please reconsider it.

Chrome might be a good browser for some people. Others though, such as myself, would not touch it even with a ten-foot pole, and use other browsers. For example, I use Sleipnir, which I consider much better, but that does not mean I would support your including it either.

The point is: you don't know all the usage scenarios different people employ, so you should not be making such a decision for your users. In any case, Google is trying to shove their browser on everyone, so it'll never be particularly difficult to just install it from the Play Store if that's what someone wants.

Also, such an important decision for the project shouldn't be triggered by some random glitch that will be fixed in the next week's release but should follow some deliberation. I understand if users with just a few posts such as myself are not involved in the decision-making process but my impression is that there wasn't any discussion at all.

My voice in the missing discussion would be: please keep as close to stock as possible and don't bundle anything else, it's a slippery slope. In this case the best course of action would be just to revert to last week's stock browser APK.

I'm just expressing my opinion, and you're free to disagree with it. Thank you for your consideration, and all the hard work on the releases. It's much appreciated.

I know it's your project, and the decision is yours to make. However I think the choice to bundle an arbitrary third-party application is a wrong one. Please reconsider it.

Chrome might be a good browser for some people. Others though, such as myself, would not touch it even with a ten-foot pole, and use other browsers. For example, I use Sleipnir, which I consider much better, but that does not mean I would support your including it either.

The point is: you don't know all the usage scenarios different people employ, so you should not be making such a decision for your users. In any case, Google is trying to shove their browser on everyone, so it'll never be particularly difficult to just install it from the Play Store if that's what someone wants.

Also, such an important decision for the project shouldn't be triggered by some random glitch that will be fixed in the next week's release but should follow some deliberation. I understand if users with just a few posts such as myself are not involved in the decision-making process but my impression is that there wasn't any discussion at all.

My voice in the missing discussion would be: please keep as close to stock as possible and don't bundle anything else, it's a slippery slope. In this case the best course of action would be just to revert to last week's stock browser APK.

I'm just expressing my opinion, and you're free to disagree with it. Thank you for your consideration, and all the hard work on the releases. It's much appreciated.
Chrome is not added as system app and can be uninstalled... We made this decision due to lack of features which you can read above...

Btw replacing apk by older won't work... So users could had FC of browser for whole week and use alternative anyway...

~Tapatalk~

In short: Browser is Chinese product ok. We don't want Chinese s**t in our roms. Please read this thread again and again and you will understand. Chrome is default android browser and it will be always default in such rom. You can always install tons of other browsers.

Wysłane z MI Note

In short: Browser is Chinese product ok. We don't want Chinese s**t in our roms. Please read this thread again and again and you will understand. Chrome is default android browser and it will be always default in such rom. You can always install tons of other browsers.

Reported this post. What an unbelievably misguided and offensive statement to make. Made worse by the fact that the poster owns at least 5 Xiao Mi devices and is involved in the translated ROM development so also hypocritical.
If 'Chinese ****' is so offensive to you Acid one wonders why you are using a Chinese product in the first place. I'd be much more qualified to label something such as you have, having lived there for a decade and being married in to a Chinese family and I wouldn't post something like that.
If you're from Poland and so offended by 'Chinese ****' then why not support something like manta.com.pl.

If in your opinion the browser is inadequate and lacks enough functions then try saying that. You know as opposed to making a comment which really says anything Chinese is to be avoided, and in all fairness is usually the kind of comment reserved for the most uneducated, untraveled, unsophisticated and loathed members of any society. Quod erat demonstrandum.

Last edited:
Reported this post. What an unbelievably misguided and offensive statement to make. Made worse by the fact that the poster owns at least 5 Xiao Mi devices and is involved in the translated ROM development so also hypocritical.
If 'Chinese ****' is so offensive to you Acid one wonders why you are using a Chinese product in the first place. I'd be much more qualified to label something such as you have, having lived there for a decade and being married in to a Chinese family and I wouldn't post something like that.
If you're from Poland and so offended by 'Chinese ****' then why not support something like manta.com.pl.

If in your opinion the browser is inadequate and lacks enough functions then try saying that. You know as opposed to making a comment which really says anything Chinese is to be avoided, and in all fairness is usually the kind of comment reserved for the most uneducated, untraveled, unsophisticated and loathed members of any society. Quod erat demonstrandum.
No need to attack our team for that decision... we are doing the best for keep MIUI usable by EU members...

MIUI Browser is optimized for use in China only.. that's all.. its missing too much features for international users.. and by international users I don't mean Hong-Kong, Singapore and Malaysia like Xiaomi think... we are speaking about Europeans and full Google support...

For example, MIUI Browser issues:
No URL suggestions
No video playback support
No customizable links on homepage
No full screen mode
No sync with Google bookmarks
Opening new links from apps at background
And FC in latest public release

Its just too much for us and Xiaomi also in their Global builds replaced MIUI Browser by Chrome because they know its not built for other countries where they are not officially...

It seems your the first time here and with MIUI... Well ok... Next time there will be no Chrome in our roms. We will put back Chinese Browser. It will FC for all users and but who cares...

Ps. If not me and my team you would receive MIUI system with Chinese shi...content flooding from every app you see on desktop. So show some respect and get a grip. If you like Chinese characters in MIUI then leave this site and use MIUI.com dev roms. You will be surprised.

Wysłane z MI Note

It seems your the first time here and with MIUI... Well ok... Next time there will be no Chrome in our roms. We will put back Chinese Browser. It will FC for all users and but who cares...

Ps. If not me and my team you would receive MIUI system with Chinese shi...content flooding from every app you see on desktop. So show some respect and get a grip. If you like Chinese characters in MIUI then leave this site and use MIUI.com dev roms. You will be surprised.

Wysłane z MI Note

Actually it seems you are taking the position that my post refers to my opinion on the removal of the stock browser. In fact, i have made no comment referring to my actual opinion of it's removal, just your completely immature and offensive way of talking about it.
And your P.S. statement is not only defensive, but repeats said comment minus the 't' and just illustrates exactly what kind of person you are.
You don't even realize it do you, completely oblivious. What a unbelievably uneducated individual you must be if you can make statements like that and not even understand how offensive they are.

Reactions: StrangeOrange
Actually it seems you are taking the position that my post refers to my opinion on the removal of the stock browser. In fact, i have made no comment referring to my actual opinion of it's removal, just your completely immature and offensive way of talking about it.
And your P.S. statement is not only defensive, but repeats said comment minus the 't' and just illustrates exactly what kind of person you are.
You don't even realize it do you, completely oblivious. What a unbelievably uneducated individual you must be if you can make statements like that and not even understand how offensive they are.
We are just tired of Xiaomi still focusing on chinese users by adding chinese features only... You can't imagine how much time we spend every day by solving stupid MIUI bugs made by every new version... We do that for free for more than 3 years, so believe me I know what I am saying...

~Tapatalk~

MIUI 6 Feature Development and Optimization Progress Version (Updated 19/3)
http://en.miui.com/thread-67839-1-1.html
"Dolby Digital Sound Effects (Mi2S): Mi2S MIUI 6 Special Edition is yet to be perfected, official MIUI 6 for Mi2S will be out some time within this month and will solve this problem."

It means next week we will have official lollipop based MIUI6! I am very curious!

Sent from my Mi2S / MIUI6

We are just tired of Xiaomi still focusing on chinese users by adding chinese features only... You can't imagine how much time we spend every day by solving stupid MIUI bugs made by every new version... We do that for free for more than 3 years, so believe me I know what I am saying...
... and the work that you do is very much appreciated. You unfortunately are the 'inbetweeners' who take many of the comments that should be directed at Xiaomi.

(I hope that you do pass these comments to Xiaomi, and that they take note, and also acknowledge how much you are doing to promote their products!)

Reactions: StrangeOrange

~Tapatalk~

No. So far all you and Acid have done is post defensive follow-up comments trying to justify an extremely offensive comment. Simply feeling disgruntled by the companies 'focus', does not justify making such a comment which really relates to anyone and anything Chinese.
Which sounds better and which sounds offensive:

The browser has been removed because it is causing far too many FC errors in the translated ROM's and is much better suited to the Chinese market anyway.
OR
We don't want 'Chinese S**T in our roms.

No. So far all you and Acid have done is post defensive follow-up comments trying to justify an extremely offensive comment. Simply feeling disgruntled by the companies 'focus', does not justify making such a comment which really relates to anyone and anything Chinese.
Which sounds better and which sounds offensive:

The browser has been removed because it is causing far too many FC errors in the translated ROM's and is much better suited to the Chinese market anyway.
OR
We don't want 'Chinese S**T in our roms.
Take it like you want... I just don't care about you...

Peace

~Tapatalk~

MIUI browser became completely useless for now. It is like a tumor that must be remove! No reason to keep it if no solution for fix.

Reactions: Vichergsen
MIUI browser became completely useless for now. It is like a tumor that must be remove! No reason to keep it if no solution for fix.

Seems people are intent on diverting the point. I don't really care graw2, again that wasn't why I commented in the first place. I figured out the browser removal on page 4. I continued reading to see if anyone had asked about or had talked about adding it back from say .apk.
Acid said, we don't want Chinese S**t in our roms. Choosing to say that does not refer to problems with the browser or general unsuitability outside of China it is a derogatory and specific statement which says anything or anyone which is Chinese is s**t.
He's either an ignorant bigot or extremely stupid, justifiable for anyone to point out given the nature of his comment.

Take it like you want... I just don't care about you...

Peace

~Tapatalk~
So in other words you are just as bigoted. You have nothing to say of consequence which can really defend Acid's comment so instead you make a sneering one like a child in a schoolyard. Great communicating with you. I've never talked to living contradictions before, how novel. You make and/or support bigoted comments about China, yet rely on said countries technology. I applaud you.

Last edited:
And further, Ingbrzy, you are both moderators. A moderator above anyone should be showing some level of decorum in their comments on here and for a second moderator to then comment in the way you have is disgusting.
I have copied a link to the thread, and screenshots of the posts etc in case you now delete them and shall forward them to xaiomi.eu and whoever is hosting for you.

Acid said, we don't want Chinese S**t in our roms. Choosing to say that does not refer to problems with the browser or general unsuitability outside of China it is a derogatory and specific statement which says anything or anyone which is Chinese is s**t.
So far in the context of the forum and the topic everybody except you understood that Acid`s words are about the original browser`s and ROM`s inadequacy in Europe if left "as is". But you seem extremely touchy on this point and you bring forth general conclusions for China and all Chinese out of his words which is not true. Are you a journalist or of the sort? Please do not make mountains out of molehills.

Last edited:
That's quite okay krassiy. I leave that in the capable hands of their hosts. After all, regardless of his intent his comment caused offence. If professional in his moderation, would steer clear of making comments which could be construed as being offensive and open to misinterpretation. And then to continue on with a second moderator to challenge the person who they have offended and support the post is unbelievable!
Regardless of his intent, neither moderator has suggested that the comment was not meant offensively. They took the position I was disgruntled about the removal of the browser. I never suggested anything about my feelings on that. And it then takes a member to post on their behalf....

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.