MULTI 5.3.20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just had the time to try out the new image editing in the gallery, which was this week's highlight. I'm really disappointed, it lost all it's previous functions, only some very basic editing is left. It's a very big step backwards. Why was this needed? There are many-many more important and yet missing functions in the Mi2V6 sw but if you take the time to change a feature nobody asked to change at least make it better, not worse. It's not that it have bugs, it's simply a stripped down version what was before. What was the point doing that? The old image editing part was perfectly fine.

If I'm not mistaken MIUI team wrote in the changelog for the previous update that for now they decided to remove all the fancy editor's functions due to critical errors. I don't know though if I got it right.
Welp, that's a nice way to fix things, just cut out whatever has problems. I can imagine the rumored Xiaomi Car, that will have it's door removed when scratched, and the engine removed and replaced by a hamster in a wheel when it runs out of gas.

Welp, that's a nice way to fix things, just cut out whatever has problems. I can imagine the rumored Xiaomi Car, that will have it's door removed when scratched, and the engine removed and replaced by a hamster in a wheel when it runs out of gas.
We're not going in the right direction, but at least we're going slow! :)

Sent from my Mi2S / MIUI6

Antutu 42186 !!!!!

Envoyé de mon MI 3W

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1427391106155.png
    uploadfromtaptalk1427391106155.png
    156.9 KB · Views: 701
@StrangeOrange:

It seems to be you are very skilled in ROM development and modding. Maybe you have suggestion against major MIUI issue as well, please see below.

Subject: MIUI outgoing calls, making a call

1. There is no busy tone and also the "busy" text is not displayed on the screen when the number you have dialed has call waiting feature disabled and it is busy.

2. "call waiting" text is not displayed on the screen when the number you have dialed has call waiting feature enabled and it is busy.

Issues above are existing from the beginning. These are very basic phone functions and working with any other phone.

Could you please try to solve these issues. It would be greatly appreciated! Thanks a lot in advance!

Edited:
Micha with Cyanogen has solved both issue in CM11 aries for Mi2S. I have reported some month before when I used that ROM on the other system partition with True Dual Boot.

Sent from my Mi2S / MIUI6

DEAR StrangeOrange

AND we can add also the LOWER VOLUME of the INTERNAL SPEAKER DURING A CALL on Mi2 Mi3 Mi4 Mi Note too
i don't understand why we cant OVERSBOOST the internal speaker volume
we need to amplify it
Please find something and give us the solution for ACIDE and INGBRZY

@graw2 @jpenzo Thank you for the faith you put in me :) but I don't consider myself more skilled than the developers here at all. The reason I could spot some things they didn't is that I'm new to this project, so I come with a fresh look.

Does this problem also show up in the stock Xiaomi ROM? If yes, then I think the best course of action would be to report it on the official Xiaomi forum, and get as many people as possible to upvote it. Or has this been tried already?

[Lots of amazing information provided to the xiaomi.eu project]

Thank you for some amazing constructive feedback here!!!! It is comments like these actually help the xiaomi.eu developers, offering not only an issue description, but also possible solutions to it.

I definitely agree with your NTP comments. Not a developer here, but the MSA bit means that GPS fix is Google server assisted?

As for DNS: on one hand, hardcoding Google's DNS servers is a good idea. One could take it a step further and utilize instead Norton ConnectSafe DNS servers (level A), which would provide an added layer of protection against phishing sites. OTOH, it is a very VERY bad idea to findle with DNS. There are quite a few organizations with restricted networks, whereas DNS resolution is possible only from the company's DNS forwarded (which also adds up as a malware DNS filter)... And debugging connectivity issues might be torture here...

To the xiaomi.eu developers: please consider setting DNS to whatever is served by DHCP. Ideally, configure DNS to act as close as possible to the stock.

Status
Not open for further replies.