MULTI 6.5.26 - Last Miui 7!

Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
By freezing the app since it's a system application, you can use Link2sd, and then installing another keyboard..

Big like?

Inviato dal mio Redmi Note 2 utilizzando Tapatalk
I've done it!!!!!
Thank you very much!!!!!
I hated that notification....

Yes but... How can we disable Google keyboard? Thanks

In my case like any other installed but not "uninstallable" app, it may depend on second keyboard present but as said I`m using swiftkey from the beginning so uninstalled all google keyboard updates and eventually disabled it from installed apps menu
I do not use root or freezing software
BTW it stays disabled after flashing newer .eu roms

Last edited:
What shoul I take into account when updating from KitKat to Lollipop? Or is just like any update? (Do you recommend Lollipop for Redmi 2?)

Noticed little problems with dualsim card options installing this last update.
Sometimes the main sim 1 doesn't work.. no signal.. even dualtapping aero mode doesn't restart the module..
Unique thing to do is restart the phone.
Sometimes too, it automatically switch the predefinite internet sim to sim2...

What shoul I take into account when updating from KitKat to Lollipop? Or is just like any update? (Do you recommend Lollipop for Redmi 2?)
I can tell you few things from redmi 2 pro user perspective(ex 2014813, now wt86047)
. Upgraded my phone few days ago, lollipop is much more fluid while using, battery consumption is same or littlebit higher.
Most problems which i had was getting stable Google service sync and Google play forgetting that i had already authorized with my google account.
Only true disappointment was camera, KitKat redmi 2 pro camera photos was much better quality, on lollipop there are issues with indoor photos, they are little foggy or when you are taking picture of some object you can notice around them some kind of bright glare... hard to explain.
My advice if you'll migrate to lollipop version, have Twrp installed as recovery, choose to allow system partition modification in Twrp and wipe system and data partition, for me it was only correct way to solve continuous problem with google service synchronization.
Also wipe cache after installation.
If you'll still have issue, clear data of google contact sync service and google play service, reboot and check if everything is ok with synchronization and google play.

I'm only not sure if you can easily downgrade back to kitkat after if you change mind, read somewhere that's possible but you'll need to spend more time because upgrading to lollipop you'll modified your partitions in process. If someone have better experience feel free to correct me.

Tested LSpeed app and Skynet v7 script(both are good tools for tweaking) on Lollipop version and working fine, just don't use both in same time.

All in all, for my combination (xiaomi model redmi 2 pro + wt6047 lollipop latest rom version), lollipop is more fluid, almost same in battery consumption and worse camera quality then KitKat.

Sent from my 2014813 using Tapatalk

Reactions: RangoX
Hey guys so i am on 6.4.21. I used the MiFlash method. Everything works fine, but when i try updating to 6.5.26 through Updater, my phone keeps on restarting. It only reaches the main screen and then freezes for a few seconds before restarting. What gives?

Am i doing something wrong?

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk

@ingbrzy: Getting FC on Gallery in options when trying to switch off Auto Sync with Mi Cloud.
Device: Redmi Note 2 Prime
Code:
java.lang.NullPointerException: Attempt to invoke virtual method 'int android.accounts.Account.hashCode()' on a null object reference
    at android.os.Parcel.readException(Parcel.java)
    at android.os.Parcel.readException(Parcel.java)
    at android.content.IContentService$Stub$Proxy.setSyncAutomaticallyAsUser(IContentService.java)
    at android.content.ContentResolver.setSyncAutomaticallyAsUser(ContentResolver.java)
    at android.content.ContentResolver.setSyncAutomatically(ContentResolver.java)
    at com.miui.gallery.ui.GallerySettingsFragment.onPreferenceChange(GallerySettingsFragment.java)
    at android.preference.Preference.callChangeListener(Preference.java)
    at android.preference.TwoStatePreference.onClick(TwoStatePreference.java)
    at android.preference.Preference.performClick(Preference.java)
    at android.preference.PreferenceScreen.onItemClick(PreferenceScreen.java)
    at com.miui.internal.variable.Android_Preference_Preference_class.a(SourceFile)
    at com.miui.internal.variable.Android_Preference_Preference_class.a(SourceFile)
    at com.miui.internal.variable.Android_Preference_Preference_class$1.onCheckedChanged(SourceFile)
    at miui.widget.SlidingButton$1$1.run(SourceFile)
    at android.os.Handler.handleCallback(Handler.java)
    at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java)
    at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java)
    at android.app.ActivityThread.main(ActivityThread.java)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Native Method)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:372)
    at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit$MethodAndArgsCaller.run(ZygoteInit.java)
    at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(ZygoteInit.java)

I tried your linked supersu package with this weekly rom for latte, and installed via twrp and ... bootloop ...

The last working version with latte is v2.46, please, warn your users about this problem !

Yesterday my Mi3W was out of battery after 6 hours of doing nearly nothing.

Today it runs since 7 hours and my battery says it has 75% left.
(Xiaomi Service-Framework with 25% and Android with 20% still biggest battery-drainer)
Good, but a little bit weird

And yes: I did a manual reboot after installation and before yesterdays short run.
But perhaps I have to turn it off for a while and not just reboot after installation(?).

Gesendet von meinem MI 3W mit Tapatalk

Try downloading greenify app (donate version). It saved my battery drain and battery now last almost 2 days.
It will probably take a while until devs figure out what is causing this and maybe it won't happen with future miui8 versions.
Until that happens, help yourself with the greenify :)

Reactions: dennis.boelte
I totally agree with you, there must be some flaw in this rom, we can't be the only 2!

Got it fixed on mi2.

You have to reflash the twrp recovery. Somehow it got updated to a new version but apparently you need the old version if you want to use the updater app. You can't reflash it with the updater app, put the file somewhere where you can reach it from within recovery (like data\sdcard (not root\sdcard!)). Boot to recovery, flash the zip and reboot. Now you can update to the latest version using the updater app.

Reactions: Eleni
How did you put the rom into data? I have the m2s and installed already an older version of twrp. Phone memory is down to 582mb, so no room for an extra zip file I'm afraid.
Help is very welcome!

Got it fixed on mi2.

You have to reflash the twrp recovery. Somehow it got updated to a new version but apparently you need the old version if you want to use the updater app. You can't reflash it with the updater app, put the file somewhere where you can reach it from within recovery (like data\sdcard (not root\sdcard!)). Boot to recovery, flash the zip and reboot. Now you can update to the latest version using the updater app.

one question about ota:

i am on gemini 6.4.28 and waited if there will some day some ota update. Should there already one? Because updater does not show any available updates

one question about ota:

i am on gemini 6.4.28 and waited if there will some day some ota update. Should there already one? Because updater does not show any available updates

Go on first page and see some info about OTA. Ask ingbrzy when he will upload / he has uploaded OTA files. It is not that hard to download files and update them manually through Updater app or TWRP.

"
Some facts about OTA delay:
  • OTA packages are always same as posted here, so FULL ROM (400-800MB)
  • Installation via OTA is same as you do, so Updater - Menu - Select installation zip
  • OTA is uploading into Xiaomi china servers which are very slow for download and upload (usually 30-40kb/s for uploading over 10GB) so I have to upload them always at night one by one and I dont have time for doing that every week... Unfortunately OTA account is binded to my Xiaomi account so nobody else can do that instead of me...
  • So we decided to upload OTA only once per month and not weekly... Users who are lazy to go here and download zip manually, can wait over month to get new version via OTA, they just dont care about new updates...
  • OTA for cancro / virgo / redmi 2 is too risky after Android base change.. so we decided to save users from bricked devices caused by OTA update... they have to update manually to have it under control...
"

Same question!

Sent from my ONE A2001 using Tapatalk

Go on first page and see some info about OTA. Ask ingbrzy when he will upload / he has uploaded OTA files. It is not that hard to download files and update them manually through Updater app or TWRP.

"
Some facts about OTA delay:
  • OTA packages are always same as posted here, so FULL ROM (400-800MB)
  • Installation via OTA is same as you do, so Updater - Menu - Select installation zip
  • OTA is uploading into Xiaomi china servers which are very slow for download and upload (usually 30-40kb/s for uploading over 10GB) so I have to upload them always at night one by one and I dont have time for doing that every week... Unfortunately OTA account is binded to my Xiaomi account so nobody else can do that instead of me...
  • So we decided to upload OTA only once per month and not weekly... Users who are lazy to go here and download zip manually, can wait over month to get new version via OTA, they just dont care about new updates...
  • OTA for cancro / virgo / redmi 2 is too risky after Android base change.. so we decided to save users from bricked devices caused by OTA update... they have to update manually to have it under control...
"

I tried many thing but cant get notification for FB messsenger, anyone can help?

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

I want to try Xposed on my RN2, does anyone know if it works with this version of miui?

Enviado desde mi Redmi Note 2 mediante Tapatalk

Reactions: surfoed

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-05-28-19-39-15_com.android.settings.png
    Screenshot_2016-05-28-19-39-15_com.android.settings.png
    131.9 KB · Views: 338
  • Screenshot_2016-05-28-19-40-34_de.robv.android.xposed.installer.png
    Screenshot_2016-05-28-19-40-34_de.robv.android.xposed.installer.png
    86.6 KB · Views: 344
  • Screenshot_2016-05-01-22-15-38_de.robv.android.xposed.installer.png
    Screenshot_2016-05-01-22-15-38_de.robv.android.xposed.installer.png
    110.3 KB · Views: 336
Reactions: hector_yo
ingbrzy, I need your help, please...
Camera mi note pro with noise in the audio video recording. Help me please...
Please fix audio in movies taken with the camera.. in Mi NOTE PRO 6.5.26

Status
Not open for further replies.