MULTI 6.5.26 - Last Miui 7!

Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
They did release 6.5.30. Have a look again. I tried this morning. The radio kept searching for the signals and lost a lot of batteries, comparable to 6.5.26. So yes, I returned back to 6.5.19 and will stay with this one too.
I missed the fact that 6.5.30 was released for mi5/gemini. I will give it a try in a minute and see how it performs with my usage pattern for a full battery cycle in comparison to 6.5.19. which is currently my stable daily driver from all latest miui 7 based roms and alpha roms..

Edit -> link has been updated
6.5.30. for Mi5/gemini

Last edited:
Hello. Sorry for my english.... The roms are .zip. So, where can I find fastboot rom to my Mi5?. Thanks

已知问题:
小米手机5最新开发版6.5.30在个别情况下可能出现重启的现象,开发正在紧急排查处理中。遇到重启的发烧友,可先刷回6.5.19或最新稳定版V7.3.4.0.MAACNDD,我们将在修复后的第一时间推送更新。喜欢尝鲜的发烧友,也可以刷入 MIUI 8体验版,查看详情
MIUI Chinese forum official said 6.5.30 contains some bugs that may make Mi5 restrart.
Does this modified verision have this problem?

Reactions: MatrixLinux
So, i installed this ROM. It's my second EU ROM.

Two questions: when swiping up, and the "search" screen appears, when i search for something online, it's again searching Chinese websites with a chinese searchengine (DU with a "paw" logo)? This was not the case with my previous EU ROM. Can this setting be changed somewhere?

There is at least one app i've tested that does NOT work on this ROM, while id DID work on the Global Stable ROM i tried yesterday... Miitomo (Nintendo social app... my daughter likes to play it a lot) gets stuck on a black screen, just like the previous EU ROM i had. Why doesn't it work on EU ROM while it does work on the Global ROM?

So, i installed this ROM. It's my second EU ROM.

Two questions: when swiping up, and the "search" screen appears, when i search for something online, it's again searching Chinese websites with a chinese searchengine (DU with a "paw" logo)? This was not the case with my previous EU ROM. Can this setting be changed somewhere?

There is at least one app i've tested that does NOT work on this ROM, while id DID work on the Global Stable ROM i tried yesterday... Miitomo (Nintendo social app... my daughter likes to play it a lot) gets stuck on a black screen, just like the previous EU ROM i had. Why doesn't it work on EU ROM while it does work on the Global ROM?
LoL, You have installed the eu ROM without wipe?

I do not have this bug in Google Play (Redmi Note 2 Prime).
hi i have put back the weekly beta ROM to the stable version.
Now everything works again.
the flash I had:
TWRP through all deleted user data ect.
The new ROM is put on.
all work again now think well that there is an error in the partition of the new last update 6 5 26

sorry bad english translation
google translator lol

btw i have a mi3w

Last edited:
I have a new weekly update ROM
put on the mi3w.
Now everything was ready.
The next problem came.
the play store crashed.
it turned out to be,
that memory will not be addressed properly.
and the ROM / HDD is set to read only.

Now put back the stable version.
and everything works again.

I'm obviously still do a test with the update 6 5 26.
to see if maybe I had now done something wrong.
if not I post again and hope that this will still resolved quickly.
So it comes to mi 3 w other devices is not known to me.

sorry bad english translation
google translator lol

Last edited:
Hi,
I've got a Redmi Note 2 Prime ( "Hermes") which has a 6.5.5 xiaomi.eu weekly rom.

I once updated it using updater to get to this version.
Since then it has been several months and now when I looked at Updater it says "no new update" is available.

Well as we know this isn't true and there exist several newer roms. My question is which way to take
to get to the latest 6.5.26 weekly EU ROM?

I want to go for the 6.5.26 rom so DO I NEED the - in between - versions installed first?
6.5.5 --> 6.5.12 --> 6.5.19 --> 6.5.26

Or can I jump right on from 6.5.5 --> to 6.5.26 ??

I have got the .zip files downloaded on my PC waiting. It is my first time using TWRP recovery
method to update a rom so I got to ask to be sure..

Should I put the .zip file to root of the internal memory or
to the downloaded_rom/ folder which can be found from root of internal memory?

Should I wipe cache?

Should I wipe dalvik cache?

After successfully installing the latest rom can I expect the Updater app to later suggest weekly
(monthly) updates or is it going to be manual TWRP recovery updates from now on?

Thank you Xiaomi.eu

I like this custom ROM you provide, you rock guys!

I would to report a minor bug, there is no 4G preffered in preffered network setting (I'm using Libra) as showed

I hope you fix this in future updates,
Thank you!

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-06-08-09-03-42_com.android.phone.png
    Screenshot_2016-06-08-09-03-42_com.android.phone.png
    76 KB · Views: 316
Hi,
I've got a Redmi Note 2 Prime ( "Hermes") which has a 6.5.5 xiaomi.eu weekly rom.

I once updated it using updater to get to this version.
Since then it has been several months and now when I looked at Updater it says "no new update" is available.

Well as we know this isn't true and there exist several newer roms. My question is which way to take
to get to the latest 6.5.26 weekly EU ROM?

I want to go for the 6.5.26 rom so DO I NEED the - in between - versions installed first?
6.5.5 --> 6.5.12 --> 6.5.19 --> 6.5.26

Or can I jump right on from 6.5.5 --> to 6.5.26 ??

I have got the .zip files downloaded on my PC waiting. It is my first time using TWRP recovery
method to update a rom so I got to ask to be sure..

Should I put the .zip file to root of the internal memory or
to the downloaded_rom/ folder which can be found from root of internal memory?

Should I wipe cache?

Should I wipe dalvik cache?

After successfully installing the latest rom can I expect the Updater app to later suggest weekly
(monthly) updates or is it going to be manual TWRP recovery updates from now on?

Thank you Xiaomi.eu

I'm not an expert, but i also own a RMN2 and just installed this ROM.

Anyway, what i would do in your case is to first back-up everything from the system settings page (apps, settings & accounts) and store it on your SD card (or copy it to your PC). Also, if you have a Mi account, you can also set it to back up your text messages and call history etc. Back up your pictures (i usually have this done automatically with dropbox, google drive or one drive), set your google account to also backup/sync your calendar etc...

I'm pretty sure you do NOT need to install all the versions in between.

If you can't install it from the updater app, see if you can install it from Recovery. If you do not have TWRP installed, there is a guide here on the forum that you can follow, but i posted my findings in another topic (in the Redmi Note 2 forum part) with problems i had (and sollutions). You may find those helpful if you need to install TWRP from your laptop using ADB, CMD and Fastboot, in order to boot to TWRP to install the ROM.
If you backed up everything like i described above, it's rather easy to restore your back up after installing the ROM, meaning you can easily wipe everything (Dalvyk, Cache... just don't wipe your SD Card) and install the ROM fresh.

My 2 cents

Reactions: Stefano131270
I'm having the same problem as a guy above. Everything is read only. I can't seem to write anything to my drive, even with root access.

Status
Not open for further replies.