MULTI 6.5.26 - Last Miui 7!

Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
You do not need to root before flashing (i didn't... on my RMN2Prime). Tutorial to install TWRP:
https://xiaomi.eu/community/threads/how-to-easily-install-twrp-recovery.30484/

You will probably need to unlock your RMN3 if i understand correctly, http://en.miui.com/unlock/

The only part that didn't work in the tutorial for me (i did this yesterday) was that after you install TWRP through CMD (with ADB and fastboot) that you must NOT reboot using the CMD command (as proposed in the tutorial) but turn off your phone manually (holding the power button until it shuts down) and boot directly to TWRP manually by holding volume UP + power until you boot in recovery.

Thanks! Yes, I already had the bootloader unlocked :) . It's like you said, if you simply reboot after flashing TWRP using fastboot the MIUI recovery overrides TWRP and kills it. You should force TWRP with the up+power buttons combo. Once there, TWRP takes care of locking the partition so the system can't overwrite the recovery.

One strange thing is that I didn't flash Gapps but somehow it asked my Google credentials (I don't exactly remember when, I was half sleep :p ) and then bam! I already had Google Play installed. Not that there has been a problem, but it was odd. Greetings!

Reactions: ozfunghi
Ciao LoL, grazie mille per il consiglio.
Ho sempre diffidato da applicazioni che promettono miglioramenti sulla batteria, spesso è solo marketing. A volte sono "dannose" perchè rimangono sempre in background e fanno consumare di più. Ammetto di non conoscere le due che mi hai consigliato, mi informo, grazie ancora

LoL Hello, thanks for the advice.
I have always been wary of applications that promise improvements on the battery, it is often just marketing. Sometimes they are "harmful" because they always remain in the background and they consume more. I admit to not knowing the two you suggested, I look, thanks again
You're welcome. I'm aware that alot of so called tweaking apps and scripts(especially on google Playstore) are just shady business or based on placebo effect, be sure that lspeed and Skynet script works. Both originated from xda dev community, had chance in almost 6 years to, as active member, test alot of tweaking utilities and this 2 are best atm.

When you'll be testing Skynet script, download Terminal emulator from Google Playstore. After flashing script, restart phone, open Terminal app, type in: 'su' and after 'menu' without quotes, choose mode which you like.

Forget to say that both, Lspeed and Skynet script needs root privileges.

Sent from my 2014813 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: delboy and realtebo
Hello, I've upgraded to ver. 6.5.26 from 6.3.10 on my Redmi 2 TD-LTE and I'm encountering a very annoying problem.
I use two apps that need to work in background (one for auto brightness, the other for network traffic billing), but no matter what I do they get automatically closed a few minutes after the screen goes off.

I've already double checked all these settings:

- Security -> Permissions -> autostart enabled for both apps
- Security -> Data usage -> Restrict data usage -> both Mobile and WLAN enabled
- Developer options -> Memory optimization off
- Developer options -> Background process limit is standard
- Battery & performance -> Battery saver off, scheduler off
- Battery & performance -> Battery profile -> Clean memory disabled, CPU usage balance, Sleep after 2 minutes
- Battery & performance -> System animations enabled
- Notifications & status bar -> Show notification icons enabled
- Notifications & status bar -> App notifications -> both apps are allowed to show badges and notifications on lock screen
- Both apps have notification enabled in their settings for keeping them alive.

Even with all this I can't get them to work!!! I'm really disappointed as the problem didn't exist in MIUI 6.3. Please help me.

Thanks

I agree with MannyRibo. I had a Global ROM installed prior to this one, i wiped everything except the SD card and installed perfectly. It's a complete ROM, it's not an addition on top of an old ROM so you do not need those other versions. I even wiped the entire internal memory (it said "no OS installed" at that moment) and i had no issues.
Thanks for comments.
I did a successfull update skipping few ROM versions.

For others who think about update but not yet dare to try: Here is how I made it:
my starting point: version 6.5.5 eu weekly rom and TWRP recovery software preinstalled
(Others might need to install TWRP themselves, I had it allready. Others might need unlock/rooting too, but
I guess most "developer/weekly" versions have that.. and stable official version owners take another route, these steps would not work)

1) made backups:
1.1 settings --> additional settings --> backuo and reset --> local backups --> backup
1.2 booted to TWRP recovery and used its backup option to backup partitions
1.3 rebooted to MIUI and connected phone to PC using USB cable, switched to "Camera (PTP)" mode from phone settings. Choise appear on notification area (seems to need sometime going back to media device mode and back to camera mode to get the connection "live").
1.4 Copied previously created backup files to PC using "export" feature of Mi PC Suite's file explorer

2)
2.1 copied the new rom .zip file to phone's filesystem root using "import" of file exlorer. Safe disconnect of USB cable from PC
2.2 reboot to TWRP recovery
2.3 pick the .zip file and install in TWRP
2.4 after completion TWRP gives two options: "wipe cache and dalvik" and "reboot", choose wipe
2.5 after wipe in TWRP reboot system. It will take long time but new MIUI is starting.

Everything works fine so far.

Hello, I've upgraded to ver. 6.5.26 from 6.3.10 on my Redmi 2 TD-LTE and I'm encountering a very annoying problem.
I use two apps that need to work in background (one for auto brightness, the other for network traffic billing), but no matter what I do they get automatically closed a few minutes after the screen goes off.

I've already double checked all these settings:

- Security -> Permissions -> autostart enabled for both apps
- Security -> Data usage -> Restrict data usage -> both Mobile and WLAN enabled
- Developer options -> Memory optimization off
- Developer options -> Background process limit is standard
- Battery & performance -> Battery saver off, scheduler off
- Battery & performance -> Battery profile -> Clean memory disabled, CPU usage balance, Sleep after 2 minutes
- Battery & performance -> System animations enabled
- Notifications & status bar -> Show notification icons enabled
- Notifications & status bar -> App notifications -> both apps are allowed to show badges and notifications on lock screen
- Both apps have notification enabled in their settings for keeping them alive.

Even with all this I can't get them to work!!! I'm really disappointed as the problem didn't exist in MIUI 6.3. Please help me.

Thanks
Try few more things. Go to permissions and disable permissions manager, also go to developer option and disable miui optimization.
Try to lock apps in memory, open apps, list recent apps by pressing left navigation button and swipe down this two apps.
Just for info, do you use any type of memory, battery or general android tweaking tools?
What apps you are testing, i have same rom and device, maybe i can check on mine how it behave.

Screenshot of locked apps:
a86f38c61f4c1d9aae43baf3dd0dac28.jpg

Check if you disabled this option:
f2e9256d90aa00bd74c8e1535aaf9db5.jpg

Last edited:
You're welcome. I'm aware that alot of so called tweaking apps and scripts(especially on google Playstore) are just shady business or based on placebo effect, be sure that lspeed and Skynet script works. Both originated from xda dev community, had chance in almost 6 years to, as active member, test alot of tweaking utilities and this 2 are best atm.

When you'll be testing Skynet script, download Terminal emulator from Google Playstore. After flashing script, restart phone, open Terminal app, type in: 'su' and after 'menu' without quotes, choose mode which you like.

Forget to say that both, Lspeed and Skynet script needs root privileges.

Hello, I installed Lspeed from Play Store
This morning I used the phone a lot, the battery seems better, looking the consumption is very smooth, there are no up and down, very clean line

Guardando i consumi, la linea è molto regolare, non ha su e giù

Reactions: severica25
Hello, I installed Lspeed from Play Store
This morning I used the phone a lot, the battery seems better, looking the consumption is very smooth, there are no up and down, very clean line

Guardando i consumi, la linea è molto regolare, non ha su e giù
You van try with combination of enabled tweaks for better battery.
1bde2cbe33133369e40fff802a54278f.jpg
f8e7afb84c6fc6bfe6831401899f3aa2.jpg
5724d85c2f7543011aa511993fa1fc26.jpg
af764f88aa93d61720b4a5f39ea83c8d.jpg

Rest leave on default and see hows is battery consumption. If everything is ok you can enable cpu optimization and io tweaks. For seeding options, sometimes it can eliminate few lags but it will drain battery faster.
To get this list of whole options you need to enable advance mode.

You van try with combination of enabled tweaks for better battery.
1bde2cbe33133369e40fff802a54278f.jpg
f8e7afb84c6fc6bfe6831401899f3aa2.jpg
5724d85c2f7543011aa511993fa1fc26.jpg
af764f88aa93d61720b4a5f39ea83c8d.jpg

Rest leave on default and see hows is battery consumption. If everything is ok you can enable cpu optimization and io tweaks. For seeding options, sometimes it can eliminate few lags but it will drain battery faster.
To get this list of whole options you need to enable advance mode.

Ok done, thanks
See tonight after a day, I feel good

Ok done, thanks
See tonight after a day, I feel good
Np, m8.
For checking battery consumption % per hour you can try Battery drain analyzer from Google Playstore. It will show how much battery is spend per hours only, unfortunately it cant show which apps or android feature and service spends more.

If lspeed didn't gave acceptable battery consumption, try Skynet script and enable Battery mode its more oriented to prolonging battery.

Np, m8.
For checking battery consumption % per hour you can try Battery drain analyzer from Google Playstore. It will show how much battery is spend per hours only, unfortunately it cant show which apps or android feature and service spends more.

Np, m8 (sorry I do not understand)

Np, m8 (sorry I do not understand)
Battery drain analyzer will show you average battery consumption per hour, as example 1% battery spend in 1 hour etc. This can give you base for later comparisons if you'll enable some other tweak option in lspeed which is more speed oriented.
If Lspeed didn't gave you good battery life you can try Skynet script, it have option to tweak your device to lower battery spend, its called Battery mode.

Reactions: Stefano131270
thanks @ingbrzy

Does this relase take care of the Playstore FC that i see constantly (100 %) in rom version 6.5.26 (redmi note 3 ) henessy .

As such this type of FC happens in other apps too frequently in this ROM !

i am unable to attach bug reports as the site keeps saying size limitations

have already tried wipng APP data , cache wipe etc .

Attachments

• FC.jpg
    FC.jpg
    254.4 KB · Views: 300
Last edited:
Hi Guys,

Normally I'm on xiaomi.com forums but I register here as well :)
I'm still running 6.5.19, I got unlock, TWRP and root. How can I flash the kenzo 6.5.26 without losing my data and settings?

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.