MULTI 6.5.26 - Last Miui 7!

Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you ozfunghi.
Yes, it should be unlocked by the tool of the offical site.
If TWRP would be easy to install, the rest is no problem for me. It just takes me hours to install TWRP ... and no idea I'm not able.
Can I install it via the MiFlash tool?

Reactions: Stefano131270
Thank you ozfunghi.
Yes, it should be unlocked by the tool of the offical site.
If TWRP would be easy to install, the rest is no problem for me. It just takes me hours to install TWRP ... and no idea I'm not able.
Can I install it via the MiFlash tool?

I'm far from an expert, but i had to do the same as you, just two or three days ago.
I followed that tutorial to install TWRP, with the only difference, that at the end of the turorial, they tell you to reboot the phone through CMD command, but you should NOT do that, you should turn off your phone manually and turn it on manually as well while pressing volume UP to boot to TWRP. Because since the tutorial was originally made, Xiaomi changed the OS to overwrite TWRP on reboot. Hence the manual turning off and booting to TWRP.

This takes only 5 minutes or less to perform, if you have all the files and programs downloaded and installed.
https://xiaomi.eu/community/threads/how-to-easily-install-twrp-recovery.30484/

You will need to download and install ADB with fastboot, you will need to download TWRP recovery.img (or twrp.img and rename it) and put it in the folder where ADB is installed. You already downloaded the ROM. You might need to download the Mi PC suite to be sure to have the Xiaomi USB drivers installed first. If you have these programs installed, the needed files downloaded and if you have the .img file copied (and renamed if necessary) to the ADB folder, then you have to launch the windows CMD command prompt and perform the steps in the turorial (except do NOT do the rebooting like i said earlier: "10. Type fastboot reboot and press Enter to reboot your device after the flash is complete." -> do not do this).

I do not know if it can be installed through Mi Flash (i think it can, but i did not do it this way).

Last edited:
Hi severica25, thanks for your answer. So here are some additional information:

- Permission manager <- already disabled
- MIUI optimization <- if you mean "memory optimization" under developer settings, it's already disabled.

I don't have any tweaking apps installed, just a few for diagnostics but they never run in background nor they have optimization features.
the apps are "Velis auto brightness" and "3G Whatchdog Pro". The two apps always appear as automatically locked in task manager so it's not necessary to lock them manually.

It seems to me that the system goes in a "deep sleep mode...

With disabling miui optimization in developer options and with locking app in memory, also disabled miui autobrightness, Velis Autobrightness app works now without issue for more then 2 hours.
242c4a8475cfcb8bcf4af5f02b24f181.jpg
e32e6b2add3a64812d36e621bb94aa99.jpg
11fc73ae9c001b91d4ed240a24cba9e2.jpg

Sent from my 2014813 using Tapatalk

now I'm into TWRP ...
What should I wipe, and which settings should I set?
Havent done this for a while, and may its diffrent at Xiaomi devices.
IS there a tutorial?

With disabling miui optimization in developer options and with locking app in memory, also disabled miui autobrightness, Velis Autobrightness app works now without issue for more then 2 hours.
242c4a8475cfcb8bcf4af5f02b24f181.jpg
e32e6b2add3a64812d36e621bb94aa99.jpg
11fc73ae9c001b91d4ed240a24cba9e2.jpg

Excuse me, I see you have some apps that do roughly the same things, they do not conflict?

I'm far from an expert, but i had to do the same as you, just two or three days ago.
I followed that tutorial to install TWRP, with the only difference, that at the end of the turorial, they tell you to reboot the phone through CMD command, but you should NOT do that, you should turn off your phone manually and turn it on manually as well while pressing volume UP to boot to TWRP. Because since the tutorial was originally made, Xiaomi changed the OS to overwrite TWRP on reboot. Hence the manual turning off and booting to TWRP.

This takes only 5 minutes or less to perform, if you have all the files and programs downloaded and installed.
https://xiaomi.eu/community/threads/how-to-easily-install-twrp-recovery.30484/

You will need to download and install ADB with fastboot, you will need to download TWRP recovery.img (or twrp.img and rename it) and put it in the folder where ADB is installed. You already downloaded the ROM. You might need to download the Mi PC suite to be sure to have the Xiaomi USB drivers installed first. If you have these programs installed, the needed files downloaded and if you have the .img file copied (and renamed if necessary) to the ADB folder, then you have to launch the windows CMD command prompt and perform the steps in the turorial (except do NOT do the rebooting like i said earlier: "10. Type fastboot reboot and press Enter to reboot your device after the flash is complete." -> do not do this).

I do not know if it can be installed through Mi Flash (i think it can, but i did not do it this way).

thanks - finally I managed to flash the device :)
If I want to root the phone (only reason is are the emoijs which look far better in iOs Style) - I have to flash it again, or I can do this also later after everything is set up?

Reactions: ozfunghi
thanks - finally I managed to flash the device :)
If I want to root the phone (only reason is are the emoijs which look far better in iOs Style) - I have to flash it again, or I can do this also later after everything is set up?

See the OP, just flash/install SuperSU in TWRP. You can do this whenever i think.

Excuse me, I see you have some apps that do roughly the same things, they do not conflict?
They are light on resources, not conflicting but they have small impact on result from each other.
Usually don't use all of them, had at that moment for checking how they work.
Only usually using wakelock detector(to check is something is draining too much battery), Greenify(for putting apps in hibernation), Battery drain app( to see battery consumption per hour)

Reactions: Stefano131270
They are light on resources, not conflicting but they have small impact on result from each other.
Usually don't use all of them, had at that moment for checking how they work.
Only usually using wakelock detector(to check is something is draining too much battery), Greenify(for putting apps in hibernation), Battery drain app( to see battery consumption per hour)

Ok,
I saw that MIUI 8 will have a feature to block applications in backgroung, wow

Last edited:
What we should do to pass from miui 7 to miui 8? Clean reset or just update?

Thnx n wait 17th

Inviato dal mio Redmi Note 2 Prime - MIUI V7 Hermes 6.4.21 EU

plug your device in fastboot mode
fastboot devices
fastboot flash recovery yourTWRPrecovery.imgfile

Hi severica25, thanks again for doing those detailed tests - yes, I did double check MIUI optimization as you says, I even tried to force CPU performance mode, but finally the app get closed again:
- if the phone remains untouched for approx. 15 minutes
- if I run some other apps together for some time

Anyway, I give up with this ROM version. I'll wait for MIUI 8 and do an hard reset with full wipe before installing. I don't think it's my problem only because I see in this thread some other users complaining about apps and services getting closed without control. So maybe it's just some bad memory settings or left-overs from ROM upgrade. I'll live with it in these days :)

Hi severica25, thanks again for doing those detailed tests - yes, I did double check MIUI optimization as you says, I even tried to force CPU performance mode, but finally the app get closed again:
- if the phone remains untouched for approx. 15 minutes
- if I run some other apps together for some time

Anyway, I give up with this ROM version. I'll wait for MIUI 8 and do an hard reset with full wipe before installing. I don't think it's my problem only because I see in this thread some other users complaining about apps and services getting closed without control. So maybe it's just some bad memory settings or left-overs from ROM upgrade. I'll live with it in these days :)
Np. Had also problem with gapp sync and Google Playstore on this rom. Solved from 3rd try, wiped all partitions even system and internal memory, after that reflashed rom and on setting up, made Gmail account but immediately disabled any gapp sync, restarted few times and it finally worked without issue.
Tomorrow ill post details on battery consumption with screenshot if someone would wanted to know how's battery holding on. Atm at 20% of battery, was saturday so wasn't much active on phone.

Reactions: VILLO1988
Here are some details about battery consumption.
Phone: xiaomi redmi 2 4g/lte (2014813)
Rom: xiaomi 7.4 xiaomi.eu 6.5.26 beta, wt86047, lollipop
Battery: 1 year old

Conditions:
Only wifi, 3g, sync turned on
Brightness around 35%
Permission, power, memory manager etc turned off.
Only gapps and viber sync turned on.
No any kind of miui service syncing active.
Ui animation turned off.

Test time around 15 hours, 10% battery left.
Aplication usage roughly: 1 hour of game (fatal fight), 0.5 h of viber, 3 h web browsing, 0.5 hour taking photos and editing, 1h of calls.
No any kind of android tweaking
Active apps in background: Greenify, wakelock detector, current widget.

Total average battery consumption in 15hour: 5.5% per hour
Average battery consumption in standby: 2.5% per hour
Average battery consumption while playing mild intensive game: 30% per hour
Average battery consumption while surfing: 20% per hour

Few Screenshots:
5f635f66dba15174e9503cb6ef5a94a4.jpg
939745c27d0206f5da3fe8550000048b.jpg
5946d71d7d3a9a399f3149cda7a3567f.jpg

Some observation:
Battery consumption is above average , when phone is active and doing something midly intensive then battery will be consume too fast imho.
If i had been using much higher brightness( 35% of brightness is good for indoor use but almost painful to use outside) and more background syncing(example , facebook, messenger etc) battery would die very fast.
Seen much better battery consumption result on kitkat version of xiaomi rom.
Phone can be noticeably hot after 1 hour of gaming, after some 30 min continously playing games can start stutter.
This rom can have notifications problems, example, viber notification gives sound but no msg windows popping up.

Last edited:
Can anyone tell something about this rom is not gemini but is signed for mi5 and number is like last china rom , last global is 7.3.5

xiaomi.eu_multi_MI5_V7.3.10.0.MAACNDD_v7-6.0.zip

You van try with combination of enabled tweaks for better battery.
1bde2cbe33133369e40fff802a54278f.jpg
f8e7afb84c6fc6bfe6831401899f3aa2.jpg
5724d85c2f7543011aa511993fa1fc26.jpg
af764f88aa93d61720b4a5f39ea83c8d.jpg

Rest leave on default and see hows is battery consumption. If everything is ok you can enable cpu optimization and io tweaks. For seeding options, sometimes it can eliminate few lags but it will drain battery faster.
To get this list of whole options you need to enable advance mode.

severica, explain why I do not see in services active Lspeed, even with waterlock detector is not seen, quite normal ? (in my Phone)
Thanks

Reactions: severica25
Can anyone tell something about this rom is not gemini but is signed for mi5 and number is like last china rom , last global is 7.3.5

xiaomi.eu_multi_MI5_V7.3.10.0.MAACNDD_v7-6.0.zip
xiaomi browser FC, google search FC, memory usage, UI slower. After 2 days I went back to 7.2.13 thanks to twrp nandroid backup.

Status
Not open for further replies.