MULTI 6.5.5

Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I must admit that the effect is transitional. It happened again, so I cleared app data once more time. I will see in two days and will give a feedback.

Изпратено от моя XiaoMi Mi2S през Tapatalk

So, after 4 days it's time to clear app data (Wallpaper Carousel) for the third time.

Изпратено от моя XiaoMi Mi2S през Tapatalk

Reactions: graw2
Hi All,
Can someone explain why when i am trying to flash 6.5.5 on Redmi Note 3 (mtk, Henessey) using the updater app after copying the zip file to the device - the device simply reboots back to the same weekly build it is on..? Nothing happens...
The device is unlocked (got the approval from xiaomi and followed all the steps to flash fastboot with weekly Chinese build) and uses weekly builds from Xiaomi.eu.
Currently i am on 6.4.7 Xiaomi.eu MIUI 7.3
The same happened with 6.4.28 when it was released.
Thanks

After couple of days on 6.5.5 i've noticed dramatic battery life drop. After quick look it seems that some daemon (slim_ap_daemon) is draining the battery. It's stored in: vendor/bin folder and is empty - 0bytes.
Here (i.imgur . com/gKQQ9cX.png) is the screenshot from com.miui.securitycenter app.

PS: link is that way because of stupid requirement of 10 posts to provide link/image....)

I don't know when this silly feature was added, because I skipped 4 recent weeklies, but now that I installed 6.5.5, this thing came up and annoys me greatly.

The telephone app now frequently pops up the following notification:

Looks like roaming is activated... You can add country codes automatically...

There are a number of problems with this:

In some countries, national roaming is used a lot. This happens when a provider takes over another one. Then, their customers automatically roam between the two networks for optimum signal strength. There is no need to add country codes with this type of roaming, but my phone keeps pestering me with that notification all the time.

For some reason the phone app does not appear in notifications settings, so I can't suppress this message.

So why not just activate the automatic addition of country codes, just to get rid of that notification?

The automatic addition of country codes, if activated, will break the ability to use SSI codes in your contacts. For instance, I have a contact named balance that dials *100# to display my prepaid balance. This is no longer possible, because the phone adds a country code which renders the SSI code invalid.

I think Xiaomi all too often adds features to Miui without providing a way to opt out.

The search bar notification is one of these. The music widget on the lockscreen is another one. Now this.

Reactions: simone96agostini
1. boot into fastboot and unlock bootloader
2. boot into fastboot and install twrp img file
3. boot into twrp and install xiaomi.eu ROM from ZIP
4. install supersu from ZIP
that's it. you don't need to modify anything. when i flashed TWRP it had original twrp name and it went smooth. no problems at all.
Thanks for your reply! I've got it all up and working now! I also installed Rootchecker and it says the device is rooted (via SuperSU)! I'm so happy with this ROM :)

How I unblock the Redmi Note 3 Pro? Initially of the page one sees a link to do the unblock but they do not explain like to do i.. I have seen in internet videos of since it is unblocked but in the video to my to seem they show like to install a ROM in the Redmi Note 3 Pro of a different way. The video that I saw this one in Spanish language, this because this it is my language and I like to see if this it is the correct way of unblocking, would put the link but the page will not let me do so will write the name on Youtube:
TUTORIAL COMPLETO FLASHEAR INSTALAR ROM MULTILENGUAJE XIAOMI REDMI NOTE 3 PRO (snapdragon) It has a duration 20:35.
If there is someone who would like to explain step by step I appreciate it, since I do not have much knowledge about these issues.

Not sure if it's ok but my notification light doesn't work for mi5. It also won't work for my old mi3. I thought it was a Mi3 issue but still not working on mi5. It works on the original rom though

Status
Not open for further replies.