- May 7, 2016
Some apps like onedrive does not work on latest xiaomi.eu build when you log in...
In case of delayed notification issue these are the best settings:
1. Security app>Permissions>Autostart>enable desired app
2. Security app>App Battery saver>Choose desired App>Set to: No restrictions
3. Settings>Battery and Performance>Manage apps battery usage>OFF (it can be cause battery drain issue but in most cases first two setting is perfectly enough)
Tried, nothing to doI'm having issues too with notifications. In some way, the miui close the background apps and some services. The only way is to let the app open. You can swipe down and block it. If any others has a different solution. Let us know. It's a more severe ROM than miui7.
Eg. Tapatalk is another app that will be closed in a few and doesn't notificate anymore also with these settings.
Inviato dal mio Redmi Note 2 utilizzando Tapatalk
Seems not, I think that something has done in that fragments that can easily explain "the notifications problem".There was on miui 7 on battery settings clean memory option. now i see is option clear cache when device is locked. It is same?
On Tapatalk works. I'm out of ideas. Be sure that the service or the app is in background before sending the phone in standby. Most of the time, the problem happens in that phase.Tried, nothing to do
I locked WhatsApp in taskmanager since MIUI 7...
Actually this feature ha been added from MIUI 7 and it's quite stupid because it should be possibile with a one-finger-gesture just like all AOSP roms.FYI:
Did you notice when you get any message notification (SMS, e-mail, Viber, WhatsApp, KiK, Tapatalk...etc.) you can already read the whole content of the message without open the app.
How to use:
If message notification arrived, pull down the notification shade then pinch out on notification horizontally using two fingers and message preview will be extended to read the full message.
No problem in call at all in mi2s it'seven better than v7Hi,
first of all: thanks for the gr8 work to all devs working on the ROM.
I updated my Redmi 3 Pro from IDO 6.5.19 with wipe Data/Cache/Dalvik through TWRP.
Some things I experienced: The progress bar in TWRP was static while it installed, and after it finished in reboot system out of TWRP I just got the normal MI-Boot-animation with the 3 moving dots. As nothing happened after 15 minutes i flashed the Rom again through TWRP without wipe data and this time MIUI-8 booted up after waiting some minutes at the bootlogo.
It would be gr8 to get some kind of feedback @bootup to determine if the system is actually beeing configured/installed or in a loop. For me it's not a real issue but it was a little thrill while waiting for something to happen
If there normally should be a progress bar I'll gladly try to reproduce by reinstalling and post a logfile (after installing Super-SU through TWRP i do get a progress bar for the installation @bootup).
What i noticed after one day of use with MIUI-8:
I'm impressed how smooth everything is working already in the first release so once again thanks for your work and good Job!
- Battery drains slightly faster than in MIUI-7 but on my phone its by far not as bad as some others reported in the thread
- I still got the same microphone-issue in phonecalls as in MIUI-7 (person on the other end of the line can barely hear me as the noise canceling microphone somehow takes control after about 30s of calling and nearly mutes the main microphone - workaround for me is to cover the topsided microphone while talking). I know this most likely is a general Xiaomi problem but i just wanted to write it down here in case somebody experiences it for the first time and doesn't know.
- positive: everything else working great and MI-Backup from Miui-7 could be 100% restored in Miui-8.
Greetings from Austria.
[redmi3/ido/hm3] 1st off much props and appreciation @ingbrzy + team xiaomi.eu for the ongoing dedicated work. Without you guys, we the non Chinese ido/hm3 users might just have to put up with Chinese ROMs seemingly indefinitely. Again thank all of you very much.
To direct this to fellow users though, can anyone else confirm or share their current batt life situation on this build? For me it seems like standby has been greatly reduced by about 6-8 hours not to mention SoT. What's the best tool/app to measure these? I know it's not an exact science but at least something that can show the closest average?
Sent from my Redmi 3 using Tapatalk