MIUI 8.6 7.7.20 - Last Miui 8

Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey there can someone help me please.
I've bought the Mi Box MDZ-16-AB.
Which version is it, 3,5,6 ?
And the Original Firmware is installed, so the Bootloader must ne locked, right?
But when I try to unlock on the Xiaomi Page, I always get an errorcode on the contact page or on the site where i have to confirm the code.. but the errorcode is in chinese and i cant understand it.. whats my failure and what do i wrong?
And how can i root it, im at the moment really frustrated.. i was in Great in expectation of the android tv box and now nothing Works for fine. Maybe can someome help me please..

And the Original Firmware is installed, so the Bootloader must ne locked, right?
But when I try to unlock on the Xiaomi Page, I always get an errorcode on the contact page or on the site where i have to confirm the code.. but the errorcode is in chinese and i cant understand it.. whats my failure and what do i wrong?
And how can i root it, im at the moment really frustrated.. i was in Great in expectation of the android tv box and now nothing Works for fine. Maybe can someome help me please..

The mi box international cant be rooted because its an Android TV OS.

Gesendet von meinem Redmi 3S mit Tapatalk

Reactions: Adeolu
The mi box international cant be rooted because its an Android TV OS.

Gesendet von meinem Redmi 3S mit Tapatalk

Wtf oh no :( and now i have to return/give it back? There not much apps available and so on..
Which box i need, the mdz-16-aa?

Reactions: adsim
I have it and have all the apps I want to.

Enviado desde mi MI MAX mediante Tapatalk
How that? There no Apps in google play store and the apps via sideload dont works fine.. for example the amazon video app crashs always..

How that? There no Apps in google play store and the apps via sideload dont works fine.. for example the amazon video app crashs always..
Download any apps to a USB stick then install them,I don't use Amazon video ( will try it later) but Netflix and others work good. There is an app to revert the sideload will tell you when I get home.
Edited:
HaLauncher is what you need it's on PlayStore.
And here is the thread about our tvbox
https://xiaomi.eu/community/index.php?threads/40930/

Last edited:
Reactions: _mk4Y
Do i need clean install to go from latest dev to latest stable version? I want to try the latest stable because the battery drain on latest Mi5 dev version is too high.

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk

Download any apps to a USB stick then install them,I don't use Amazon video ( will try it later) but Netflix and others work good. There is an app to revert the sideload will tell you when I get home.
Edited:
HaLauncher is what you need it's on PlayStore.
And here is the thread about our tvbox

Thanks a lot! i will try it ;)

Reactions: albertkuba
why the ROM still not include Bahasa Indonesia language?

from thread : --->/forums/indonesian-translation.156/

and github: github/adewisman/v8-XML-Bahasa-Indonesia

Fastboot flash with unlocked bootloader Mi Max 32GB china developer 7.7.20. Flashed twrp 3.1.1.0 - first swiped to factory reset, sideloaded eu 7.7.20 then reboot to system... phone just restarts on mi logo, after longer waiting it is on. But the phone doesn't have sound, entering the CIT to test hardware gives error (main mic speaker feedback, simultaion call test etc), also phone has big problem turning on, it restarts several times

Last edited:
Last edited:
@dogiex: Yes, I know this with the abbreviation CN/MI, but I was looking at the dev ROM, not at the stable one and there isn't that naming. So my fault ;). Do you know when they did change the base ROM to China?

@dogiex: Yes, I know this with the abbreviation CN/MI, but I was looking at the dev ROM, not at the stable one and there isn't that naming. So my fault ;). Do you know when they did change the base ROM to China?
Sorry don't remember the date when dev/weekly got changed.

Reactions: MeiGuddet

No offence but just a advice. If you need a decent box go with Nvidia Shield 4K TV. It is expensive but worth it.
I have been using all these China made boxes they get overheat, also blocked very fast and not really HD

I have a problem. I have downloaded mi5splus weekly version (0720) plenty of times. And in twrp page installation, it says that this zip corrupted. When will be replaced. King regards.

I have found the reason why this happens, since it happens at my device with every miui.eu version.
The download and the file itself doesnt have an error and works perfectly once installed.
The copying-process from your computer to your device causes this issue! If you look closely the process interrupts at about 80%, which means the file isnt fully copied completely to your device and gets corrupted.

I dont know why this happens for me all the time, but to avoid that error 'mount' your device in TWRP and copy it with the CMD console and the command 'push' (you can read how to use it in other forums). This may take a while but the file gets copied completely.

I hope this gets fixed soon, because it is really annoying doing it that way.
Maybe ingbrzy can help us with that problem, since it obviously concerns more devices?

I am using a Xiaomi Mi MIX with the newest MIUI.eu version 7.7.20 (updated with the process above).

Last edited:
Reactions: mer02
Status
Not open for further replies.