MIUI 8.6 7.7.20 - Last Miui 8

Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have found the reason why this happens, since it happens at my device with every miui.eu version.
The download and the file itself doesnt have an error and works perfectly once installed.
The copying-process from your computer to your device causes this issue! If you look closely the process interrupts at about 80%, which means the file isnt fully copied completely to your device and gets corrupted.

I dont know why this happens for me all the time, but to avoid that error 'mount' your device in TWRP and copy it with the CMD console and the command 'push' (you can read how to use it in other forums). This may take a while but the file gets copied completely.

I hope this gets fixed soon, because it is really annoying doing it that way.
Maybe ingbrzy can help us with that problem, since it obviously concerns more devices?

I am using a Xiaomi Mi MIX with the newest MIUI.eu version 7.7.20 (updated with the process above).
copy zip to internal storage again.. reboot to TWRP and there select Install -zip...

copy zip to internal storage again.. reboot to TWRP and there select Install -zip...

Thanks for your quick reply, but i think you understood me wrong.

The problem is the copying process using windows explorer. There the process always gets interrupted. Using push in CMD it works perfectly.
The normal installation in TWRP then works too once the file is copied

Last edited:
Just installed...google play store crashes after trying to install Chrome :/ Also Android System Webview is not possible to update.

Mi 6 MIUI 7.7.20

Why in the "enginering mode(*#*#1#*#*) in tel assistant -> production target this menu is locked, i can't change this value, is set default "open".
In the guide there is the possible to change this value in "unicorn".
I use mi5c.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2017-08-10-18-26-31-461_com.pinecone.telassistant.png
    Screenshot_2017-08-10-18-26-31-461_com.pinecone.telassistant.png
    50 KB · Views: 710
I have another problem after installing the twrp and restarting the device in recovery mode the touch does not respond but only respond only the physical keys. I have a Mi 5C
thank you

Thanks a lot! i will try it ;)

Amazon App still crashes, do you have an hint for me?

I've also downloaded the amzn underground App nur it looks like the mdz16-ab is blocked in their Store for downloading the prime app..

I also tried to copy the apk from my smartphone to the mii box.. the app starts but all videos get an error at start..

Somebody any ideas?

The problem is the copying process using windows explorer. There the process always gets interrupted. Using push in CMD it works perfectly.
I know what you mean, I noted that apparently incomplete tranfer as well when copy the ROM from PC to the root of internal storage of the phone. Despite that I could update with TWRP without any corrupt advice. So maby it's the windows that makes a wrong time calculation of the copy duration...

Reactions: Spargelmann
I have another problem after installing the twrp and restarting the device in recovery mode the touch does not respond but only respond only the physical keys. I have a Mi 5C
thank you

Wait 10-15 second...and then the touch respond

Why whould you use a pc to download the file?

Just download rom's directly from the phone. I assume that your Wifi is faster than the download from the site can handle.

Is there any fix for GPS for last stable for mi 5? Btw swipe up search closes whenever try to write something.

Status
Not open for further replies.