MIUI 9.6 8.4.26/8.5.3/8.5.4/8.5.8/8.5.10/8.5.17/8.5.24

Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course there is 8.3.26, last nougat for Mi5.
Because China not release public roms on 8.0 for Mi5, and this was very good move. They test on China Beta team and this rom are close beta. They susspended release even on Beta Team because have very critical bugs. Public is only on 7.0 and normal users have last 8.3.26 and no have bugs and issues..
Only Xiaomi.eu release this update and this was very bad move.
Many bugs are from only Xiaomi.eu, not from China roms. I try Xiaomi.eu dev vs China Dev and more bugs have Xiaomi.eu. Many bugs not exist on China, but exist on Xiaomi.eu

Now China release last China Miui 9 Developer 8.4.26 and last Global Miui 9 Dev on 8.4.19.
Next update will be Stable 9.6 for all Phone even when users have Developer roms.When release show on updater to install Stable 9.6 rom.
Same situation i have on Redmi 2. I have last Developer rom 7.11.6 and in updater show me stable 9.2.2.0 with newer base tan this developer rom. I install Stable from OTA and now i have ota. All is ok.

And this is end Miui 9.

Next Developers rom will be Miui 10

cd7113eb9af7c08ef63f556986ca04e0.jpg
6f4fecbc3875c17daeb7c13d98810da7.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Pinta
This weekly for the very first time completely messed up my Mi4. After reboot seemed fine but several seconds later random FC`s started which caused system crash and recurrent reboots. Restored 8.4.12 backup(which wipes data and system) but still faced same reboots, flash again 8.4.12 did not help.
Eventually wiped data again and restored only data partition, somehow seems it fixed the problem. Will stay on .12
I downloaded browser apk version 9.6.1 (the bad one was 9.5.3) from apk mirror, installed it, and its fine, but it has old style interface?
79c37b20a70da6d60034772a08a2580a.jpg
774fbeba2f957ad42c4e67bf41ec1f57.jpg

Sent from my MI 4W using Tapatalk

Try to remove your Sim Card - Reboot and then you will be able to see keyboard and enter WiFi Password.

Region is hardcoded to PL in all xiaomi.eu ROMs.

What do you mean.. it was possible before on the 9.5.1 but even on that rom its now not possible

In this version I no longer find the "Quick Snap Mode" for the camera.
Has it been removed?
(MI6)

----------
Many bugs are from only Xiaomi.eu, not from China roms. I try Xiaomi.eu dev vs China Dev and more bugs have Xiaomi.eu. Many bugs not exist on China, but exist on Xiaomi.eu
----------------

cd7113eb9af7c08ef63f556986ca04e0.jpg
6f4fecbc3875c17daeb7c13d98810da7.jpg
Whoa..., a sweeping statement cries for supporting proof....

On mi6 wallpaper carousel don’t work. In lockscreen “flower” don’t appear. In settings otherwise option exist but do not affected. I use default lockscreen.

On mi6 wallpaper carousel don’t work. In lockscreen “flower” don’t appear. In settings otherwise option exist but do not affected. I use default lockscreen.

+1
Carousel don’t work, I had to use a fixed wallpaper in lockscreen (Mi6)

Whoa..., a sweeping statement cries for supporting proof....
When on Xiaomi.eu have fc contact and dialer on china was good without bug
When on xiaomi fc google play on china after install goodle play was ok.
Xiaomi.eu release alfa/close beta miui 8.0 for many phones with critical bugs, china dont public roms and last roms public is on 7.0.
And many many proofs(try china or global and compare, i dont need add any proofs), but many users dont try even china roms example a week and dont see any differences . This is reason that many users complain bugs from china, but its not true, many bugs are only Xiaomi.eu
Xiaomi.eu edit roms china and add news etc and its normal that have some bug only existing They roms. Its not shame for me because its normal, They do hard work, but allways blames china its not good move..
Without china roms and china apply - xiaomi.eu not exist. Please take care about that.

Last edited:
Mi Mix 2 user here. Was rooted with Magisk and running 8.4.4 before flashing.

Bootloop on dirty flash - had data backed up but my backup for some reason didn't work even upon roll-back to 03.29 or 8.4.4. Luckily I was smart enough to back up critical app folders like Google Authenticator separately or I would have been ROYALLY screwed.
Now I need to set up my phone completely from scratch - wonderful.

I don't think you guys should release the ROM to the affected devices in this state unless the issue is fully understood. "Just wipe data" isn't a solution that should be offered to users since now I'll be wasting several hours reinstalling and reconfiguring all my apps...

based on my experience in the rom..the camera fix for Note 5 China,all ok but its gonna be laggy same with 8.4.26, i dont know why, i wipe cache, dalvik etc before installing this rom, all but its only laggy

True....the lag on Redmi Note 5 China is a mood killer...! All features seem to work.... But the lag is not acceptable...
Also installing apps is slow as hell....and when installing the phone freezes...!
Hope to have a more fluid ROM soon....

I have the stable rom 9.5.2.0 for mi5s plus and I do not have the new notifications, how is that?

When on Xiaomi.eu have fc contact and dialer on china was good without bug
When on xiaomi fc google play on china after install goodle play was ok.
Xiaomi.eu release alfa/close beta miui 8.0 for many phones with critical bugs, china dont public roms and last roms public is on 7.0.
And many many proofs(try china or global and compare, i dont need add any proofs), but many users dont try even china roms example a week and dont see any differences . This is reason that many users complain bugs from china, but its not true, many bugs are only Xiaomi.eu
Xiaomi.eu edit roms china and add news etc and its normal that have some bug only existing They roms. Its not shame for me because its normal, They do hard work, but allways blames china its not good move..
Without china roms and china apply - xiaomi.eu not exist. Please take care about that.
You are more than welcome to depart from Xiaomi.eu forums and their ROM's.

Nobody is forcing you to use them, so if they do not meet your needs or suit your desires, goodbye.

Insane battery life on Mix 2 (8h),coming from 8.4.4. No bootloops,very fluid and with root and Magisk v16!

THANK YOU!

Reactions: BrauliX
Mi Mix 2 user here. Was rooted with Magisk and running 8.4.4 before flashing.

Bootloop on dirty flash - had data backed up but my backup for some reason didn't work even upon roll-back to 03.29 or 8.4.4. Luckily I was smart enough to back up critical app folders like Google Authenticator separately or I would have been ROYALLY screwed.
Now I need to set up my phone completely from scratch - wonderful.

I don't think you guys should release the ROM to the affected devices in this state unless the issue is fully understood. "Just wipe data" isn't a solution that should be offered to users since now I'll be wasting several hours reinstalling and reconfiguring all my apps...
It's been said many times before, if you want a stable rom do not use weeklies. Do not complain about a service which is free and which you are using by choice.

As there is an update stop, it's a good time (in my opinion) to test LineageOS that will be official tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.