MIUI 9.6 8.4.26/8.5.3/8.5.4/8.5.8/8.5.10/8.5.17/8.5.24

Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Xiaomi Mi5 have the same Preoblem Installed the 8.5.3 and can not boot to system, it tries but after some time im back in the recovery
then it is better not to install the 8.5.3 for mi5

Enviado desde mi MI 5 mediante Tapatalk

For those who flashed the 8.5.3 release and are experiencing reboots on twrp, you have to also wipe data before flashing. It worked on my mi5.

Mi5 8.5.3
Backup your important data before flashing! Wipe Cache/Dalvik/Data/System and then flash 8.5.3!

Really need to fix Mi5 last weekly
For those who flashed the 8.5.3 release and are experiencing reboots on twrp, you have to also wipe data before flashing. It worked on my mi5.
Niiice. Love to wipe data after simply OTA update....
Better tell how to fix this bootloop without backup very important data...

Last edited:
Hi, I have MIUI 9.6 8.4.19 on my Redmi Note 3 SE and I haven't Mi Message Service, I can't find the option to enable, any idea?

Do u have face recognition? How is the sound on headphones?
Thanks
Hello,
- I don't have face recognition although technician told to wipe "cust" partition in TWRP. But I haven't do yet, for safety purpose...
- Headphones output is good. Speakers too. But in-call speaker is always extremely low, i have no idea how to fix this.

Mi Note 2. 8.5.3 bootloop. I do not wipe date. I did backup restore. Solutions? I already had to restore the Mi Mix 2, also in bootloop

Is this normal? Redmi note 3 pro kenzo.
Thanks guys
I heard there is a custom kernel that improves the system and battery very good. Is that true?
d688d4e853ff1a17585101bee4b2f5b5.jpg

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Hi I run in big problem with my MI5 after trying to update with 8.5.3. After install, when I reboot the system, I always go back to TWRP.
If I try to gp back to 8.4.12, I get the same problem.
Help please.

Hi I run in big problem with my MI5 after trying to update with 8.5.3. After install, when I reboot the system, I always go back to TWRP.
If I try to gp back to 8.4.12, I get the same problem.
Help please.
Try clean install

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk

Hello everyone,

I have not used this ROM since the first version with Android 8.
Can anyone tell me if there has been improvement in the notification system? if it is already similar to the global version?

Another question:
I currently use devel/global and my Mi6 does not last more than 12 hours of battery. I am afraid that the battery after less than a year of use is degraded. I still follow a recommendation of not discharge below 20% and yet it seems that it has already lost a lot of efficiency.

Anyone here who has Xiaomi more than a year old can share their experience?

Thank you.

Format data also need, this is the key step to avoid issues. Make backup first because it will format whole data partition including internal storage

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk

Mi Note 2. 8.5.3 bootloop. I do not wipe date. I did backup restore. Solutions? I already had to restore the Mi Mix 2, also in bootloop
Hello everyone,

I have not used this ROM since the first version with Android 8.
Can anyone tell me if there has been improvement in the notification system? if it is already similar to the global version?

Another question:
I currently use devel/global and my Mi6 does not last more than 12 hours of battery. I am afraid that the battery after less than a year of use is degraded. I still follow a recommendation of not discharge below 20% and yet it seems that it has already lost a lot of efficiency.

Anyone here who has Xiaomi more than a year old can share their experience?

Thank you.

Hi! I have Mi Note 2 , an year old , and i have the same results as you.
Sometimes, when i update i get amazing battery life and then, the next version ruins it.
Android 8 update on miui didn't made a difference at all, unfortunately :(
I thought it was the battery as it wasn't lasting 12 hours for me too , but when i flashed an 8.1 aosp rom , i saw it is because of miui... Battery was a lot better there...
I think that they wanted too much for the system to run smoothly that they killed the battery in miui, official/unofficial, doesn't matter...
Also , the notification system is the same :)

Reactions: Rogerio Lucas
Status
Not open for further replies.