MIUI 9.6 8.4.26/8.5.3/8.5.4/8.5.8/8.5.10/8.5.17/8.5.24

Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Read the second post
(...)
Thanks @Alexionis for a tip, but it has nothing in common with the issue.

Let me be more specific...
I'm a user of Redmi 4X with (at the moment) 8.4.12 weekly MIUI version and can't update via Updater.
I was trying already cleaning the Updater data, restart the smartphone and cleaning dalvik/cache - no positive effect.
The OTA update doesn't work since 3 or 4 weeks so in general I would like to know why.
I will be really happy about knowing the knowledge. ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: Tom_Handheld
Hi! I have Mi Note 2 , an year old , and i have the same results as you.
Sometimes, when i update i get amazing battery life and then, the next version ruins it.
Android 8 update on miui didn't made a difference at all, unfortunately :(
I thought it was the battery as it wasn't lasting 12 hours for me too , but when i flashed an 8.1 aosp rom , i saw it is because of miui... Battery was a lot better there...
I think that they wanted too much for the system to run smoothly that they killed the battery in miui, official/unofficial, doesn't matter...
Also , the notification system is the same :)
Thanks for reply.

when they fix bootloop for mi5?, so as not to have to format data

Enviado desde mi MI 5 mediante Tapatalk

thanks for the update.
But I have the same problem on my mi5. Always entering TWRP recovery mode after updating. maybe there are any fix/ reupload Mr. @ingbrzy
Thanks you very much for your dedication on MIUI development :)

thanks for the update.
But I have the same problem on my mi5. Always entering TWRP recovery mode after updating. maybe there are any fix/ reupload Mr. @ingbrzy
Thanks you very much for your dedication on MIUI development :)

same problem!

Also if reinstall 8.4.12

Wipe data and reinstall ALL.

Omg i lost 2h of my life arghh
I have wipe and install ROM 8.5.3. It works but when we restore the data from TWRP that we back up after bootloop, it's bootloop again. Is the backed up data after bootloop can't be used?
so we lost our last data?

I have wipe and install ROM 8.5.3. It works but when we restore the data from TWRP that we back up after bootloop, it's bootloop again. Is the backed up data after bootloop can't be used?
so we lost our last data?
Probably the problem is on /data so when you restore it you restore the problem.
Don't you have a miui backup locally or on cloud? In this case i would wipe all then install new rom and then restore backup but not the apps. If everything is right i would proceed to restore apps one by one to understand if one of those create the problem.
Otherwise i would wipe all, install the new rom and then install the apps you use always one by one from Play market.
Another option could be restore /data after flashing but cleaning the folder with the apps you installed, but i'm not sure of the name. Afterthat you boot the system and then download and install the apps from Play market.

I have been struggling with MI MIx last weekly rom. Too many bugs and Line stopped working.
Should I go back to stable rom ? What do you suggest? What is the best way to change to stable version ?

After update on MI5 i got bootloop too.
Some questions to who updated and boot system normal:
1. what version do you have before update
2. when your last time wipe /data or full reconfig . Clear system or very dirty.
3. Enabled/Disable lockscreen password/security (maybe we must disable and then update)

i want to ask if there has ota update for stable version or must download full rom and do dirty flash using twrp?

I have been struggling with MI MIx last weekly rom. Too many bugs and Line stopped working.
Should I go back to stable rom ? What do you suggest? What is the best way to change to stable version ?

From developer to stable(because developer is 9.6 and stable is 9.5)!!!

Wipe dalvik/cache/system/data

If the system(rom) is newer,you can dirty flash(wipe cache/dalvik only)

Reactions: Shitoken
I had same bootloop issue with my mi4. I noticed a red error line in the process of flashing the ROM, something connected to /system partition. Then from TWRP I executed repair filesystem on /system and it is OK now.

Sent from my MI 4LTE using Tapatalk

I just wish to understand if for my Mi 5S I can install rom ver. 8.5.3 or not.
Also is there an idea of when Mi 5S will receive Android 8.x ?
Thanks

Currently my device updater App presents me with new version 8.4.19
I checked with Xiaomi.eu website and it reports: 8.4.26

8.4.28 for....
8.5.3 for ...

Does it means that official release is rom ver. 8.4.26 for all devices except for those few devices having other rom ver. (8.4.28 and 8.5.3)?

It might sound a silly question to ask but I just want to make sure I do not make confusion/mistakes.
Thanks

After update on MI5 i got bootloop too.
Some questions to who updated and boot system normal:
1. what version do you have before update
2. when your last time wipe /data or full reconfig . Clear system or very dirty.
3. Enabled/Disable lockscreen password/security (maybe we must disable and then update)

Same here.
1- I came from 8.4.12, which I understand it was the last weekly for MI5
2- I didn't wipe, and I also wiped. Both failed
3- I had lockscreen.

I will trid to see if I could go back to 8.4.12, at least to get a running phone again and recover all my 2FA codes. It didn't work. So I had to go back to a recovery image I did around 45 days ago.

The version from 8.4.12 was not buggy, but it would just kill the phone in some ocasions. It wouldn't boot again and I had to connect it to the power to restart it (and no, it still had juice)

Last edited:
when they fix bootloop for mi5?, so as not to have to format data

Enviado desde mi MI 5 mediante Tapatalk
I think they will not. Even on official miui forum there is a statement that wipe data is necessary. I think they did some big changes, which are not backward compatible. So basically it is not a rom bug, just compatibility problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.