Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Currently my device updater App presents me with new version 8.4.19
I checked with Xiaomi.eu website and it reports: 8.4.26
8.4.28 for....
8.5.3 for ...
Does it means that official release is rom ver. 8.4.26 for all devices except for those few devices having other rom ver. (8.4.28 and 8.5.3)?
It might sound a silly question to ask but I just want to make sure I do not make confusion/mistakes.
Thanks
Why don't you just read before asking? Please start with the opening posts of ingbrzy.

Any tried 8.4.28 for mix 2s, i've just installed and i must tell that's not good. The transition when u swipe up if u want to get out of the app is very delay in my mix2s, its not smooth. I think im gonna go back to 8.4.12

Last edited:
If you have bootloop issue after install update, then follow this steps in this order:

1. Install latest TWRP recovery (if you already have it then skip this step)
2. Boot to TWRP recovery and stay in TWRP recovery until the last step
3. Wipe > Advanced Wipe: Wipe Dalvik/ART Cache, Wipe Cache, Wipe System
4. Wipe > Format Data (It formats the following partitions: Data, Internal Storage)
5. Reboot to TWRP Recovery
*6. Connect Phone to PC while you are in recovery and copy latest xiaomi.eu ROM.zip to internal storage and then Install ROM
7. Reboot to System

*You can use USB-OTG pendrive or ADB Sideload installation method too as alternative solution to install ROM.zip

Once you have done this then you will never ever have any issue with further updates. Just install further updates via updater app, no any additional action needed.

Last edited:
Hi guys i have a problem with the last mi mix update (8.4.12),

i already have the last working TWRP 3.2.1, and also i have the oreo android version, today with the OTA updates i tryed to instal the last update for mi mi mix, and all goes on the TWRP install the update without problems and than the phone restart, when i am on the MIX black update sceen it's going on for some minutes as usual, but at the end the system doesen't start, and the phone reboot and goes again on the TWRP... It's very frustrating!! How to fix??? I tryed also to clear the cache on the TWRP after the installation of the last update, but it doesen't works. I tryed also to reinstall the previous version, but again the same problem. Please help me!!

If you have bootloop issue after install update, then follow this steps in this order:

4. Wipe > Format Data (It formats the following partitions: Data, Internal Storage)
*6. Connect Phone to PC while you are in recovery and copy latest xiaomi.eu ROM.zip to internal storage and then Install ROM
7. Reboot to System

*You can use USB-OTG pendrive or ADB Sideload installation method too as alternative solution to install ROM.zip

Once you have done this then you will never ever have any issue with further updates. Just install further updates via updater app, no any additional action needed.

My steps:

wipe dalvik, cache and DATA
flash 8.5.3
reboot.

and all work fine (previous rom 8.4.12)

Yep but mine above is long term future proof solution

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk

7. Reboot to System

Thanks mate, I will try it on my HMPro on Monday. No suitable PC with me now.

Just one question: can we backup data and restore after flashing? Or will this create the bootloop again?

Thanks mate, I will try it on my HMPro on Monday. No suitable PC with me now.

Just one question: can we backup data and restore after flashing? Or will this create the bootloop again?
After clean install I prefer not to restore anything, setting as new device, anyway you can try to restore data...

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk

Any tip for the mix2- everything seems to work fine but incredible bad battery life. Device also gets very hot- seems to burn 20% battery within 2-3 hours in standby.

Hi guys i have a problem with the last mi mix update (8.4.12),

i already have the last working TWRP 3.2.1, and also i have the oreo android version, today with the OTA updates i tryed to instal the last update for mi mi mix, and all goes on the TWRP install the update without problems and than the phone restart, when i am on the MIX black update sceen it's going on for some minutes as usual, but at the end the system doesen't start, and the phone reboot and goes again on the TWRP... It's very frustrating!! How to fix??? I tryed also to clear the cache on the TWRP after the installation of the last update, but it doesen't works. I tryed also to reinstall the previous version, but again the same problem. Please help me!!
Wrong thread.

Sent from my Jason using Tapatalk and mask

Why cant ota for this version?
3ceffdd6f341ae43aa39cf9b9eb4137f.jpg

Sent from my Redmi Note 4X using Tapatalk

• SafetyNet passed (Android Pay)
  • Play Store Certified

For the Mi Mix 2s and version 8.4.28: Yes, both true
but version 8.4.12 dont pass safetynet and not certified in playstore
But 8.4.28 is not realy useable, its sooo laggy that i downgrade to 8.4.12.
Hope for a new one with smoothness of 8.4.12 and passes from 8.4.28 ;)

The Rom seems to have good battery performance in RN4 (mido), even the hardware and software % are not shown, only the letter "V".
But I more concerned in the led notification, all apps shown the default color, blue. Any clue to solve it? Thanks in advance

Enviado desde mi Redmi Note 4X usando Tapatalk 2

Reactions: Lizard

7. Reboot to System

Graw2, this doesn't work.

On my Redmi 4 Prime if I install the latest ROM fresh it works fine. But enable encryption and it refuses to boot.

I can reproduce this constantly - could you please check to see if the Redmi 4 prime has changed any encryption handling files?

All your earlier ROMs work fine with it enabled....

Hi! I tried to install the 8.5.3. It didnt work. My Mi5 boots to recovery twrp again. All the updates before did work. Whats the problem? Thanks a lot!

Hello, before update when i do a swipe UP i Can search for finding emplacement app on desktop or search a file for exemple. After update when i swipe UP it's a Google search useless. How fix this please.

Status
Not open for further replies.