MIUI 9.6 8.4.26/8.5.3/8.5.4/8.5.8/8.5.10/8.5.17/8.5.24

Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Theoretically it should be:
settings->installed aplications -> (your app name) -> other permisions -> display pop-up window

However I'm not sure in which apps it will works.

Theoretically it should be:
settings->installed aplications -> (your app name) -> other permisions -> display pop-up window

However I'm not sure in which apps it will works.
on youtube it should work but I do not know how to make it work.

Reactions: HofMan
it's not true. in the privacy menu there is the picture in picture voice. with the various supported applications. but how do you enable it? obviously I'm talking about android 8.0
Sigh... They are already enabled. It's supposed to work automatically when you move out of one of those apps, but it does nothing.

Sigh... They are already enabled. It's supposed to work automatically when you move out of one of those apps, but it does nothing.

But you can activate it manually, I've done that in the VLC app in my Mi Note 2.

Don't recall exactly how I did it, don't have the Note 2 with me just now, will check later.

But you can activate it manually, I've done that in the VLC app in my Mi Note 2.

Don't recall exactly how I did it, don't have the Note 2 with me just now, will check later.

Here, from the VLC app in my Mix1, still running 8.3.26.

It works in the Mix1 still on Android 7.

Preferences:

Screenshot_2018-05-07-21-13-26-536_org.videolan.vlc.png Screenshot_2018-05-07-21-13-42-732_org.videolan.vlc.png

Last edited:
Ok, but how about Google Chrome? If you're watching a video and go to home screen it should bump to PiP, but it doesn't. Should we assume it is a xiaomi.eu bug?

it automatically does not work. there is something that needs to be enabled.
PIP works perfectly with listed apps below by default, except YouTube app, because for YouTube RED subscription needed to use PIP

8cd90362bedb72e7d3b3b629e6edefc1.jpg

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk

Ok, but how about Google Chrome? If you're watching a video and go to home screen it should bump to PiP, but it doesn't. Should we assume it is a xiaomi.eu bug?

It seems to me that the app has to implement it.

PIP works perfectly with listed apps below by default, except YouTube app, because for YouTube RED subscription needed to use PIP

8cd90362bedb72e7d3b3b629e6edefc1.jpg

Could you describe how you use it? I can't make it work with chrome and maps.

Could you describe how you use it? I can't make it work with chrome and maps.
It works.

For Google maps just start navigation and tap on home button.

For Chrome open any full screen video (except YouTube) and tap on home button

For WhatsApp make a video call and tap on home button

See below screenshots:

74ed695c71b833598ec53bc26defa6c4.jpg
5446082a7b055df229067cff095fb26d.jpg
9d5b4c496815954a6bbaa6e9e331f173.jpg

Reactions: HofMan and Karls
PIP works fine since the beginning of Oreo...unfortunately few apps supported only...

Oh, I guess my info was outdated, only used YouTube, that explains why PIP won't work. :rolleyes:

Oh, I guess my info was outdated, only used YouTube, that explains why PIP won't work. :rolleyes:
Also unfortunately YouTube RED subscription only available for limited countries (Australia, Korea, Mexico, New Zealand, US)

Also unfortunately YouTube RED subscription only available for limited countries (Australia, Korea, Mexico, New Zealand, US)
Thankfully, the others have an... "unofficial workaround" for that... a huge middle finger to Google for trying to sell something that should have been a part of the app. (background playback is an obvious feature of a multitasking-enabled device)

Reactions: hjirik and delboy
The OTA update did not work (for few weeks without any explanation), so I updated my Redmi 4X manually. At the moment all works fine except Wallpaper Carousel - the flower from lock screen disappeared - which makes me a little frustrated, but I can get used to it, being hope it will be fixed soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.