MIUI 9.6 8.4.26/8.5.3/8.5.4/8.5.8/8.5.10/8.5.17/8.5.24

Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mi Mix1

Installed 8.5.10 over 8.3.26 (last Android 7)

Installed Raupe-blunden TWRP first, and did full backup in TWRP.

Dirty install, had full TWRP backup of course, but do not trust any TWRP for Mix to necessarily work correctly with backup/restore.

Was prepared for the worst, but everything worked directly, no problems!

I do never reboot to system from within TWRP, rather always do "Power Off" from TWRP, and then do a physical button "Power On".
That's the closest one can get these days to a "Power Off" switch, or removable battery. :D

I have Mi4c and I have some problems, with sms and mms, when geting and sending, sometimes it mixes recepiens... I get it from one, and it puts the message in another person. very anoing. And the led lights are not working properly. I use to have diferent lights for diferent notification, but now some colours are just not working (sms and viber all in yellow for example, before sms yellow, viber purple).

Reactions: GianlucaM
Is this the same quality as Official MIUI Global?

Some custom roms loses some quality of camera and audio etc because of drivers and stuff if I'm not wrong

How's this one?

Lots of bugs in this last miui 9 rom, it is a shame, becouse we will wait till september probably like last year....
So exept screen is wake with no reason battery management is dead .You can put all restriction on, but app is running normaly.
If i put on autostart for app nothing hapend also....
And so, and so
Redmi pro device

Hi, thanks for you developer but in redmi note 5 has a lot of problems with keyboard, android.phone close .... The problems is in all version to redmi note 5 (global and all beta).

I confirm MI5 laggy with 8.5.10 Rom. Sometimes 3 or 4 seconds to show a simple notification (for example, the popup to choose the predefined program to download a file in the browser)

Reactions: Viara
Mi Mix1

Installed 8.5.10 over 8.3.26 (last Android 7)

Installed Raupe-blunden TWRP first, and did full backup in TWRP.

Dirty install, had full TWRP backup of course, but do not trust any TWRP for Mix to necessarily work correctly with backup/restore.

Was prepared for the worst, but everything worked directly, no problems!

I do never reboot to system from within TWRP, rather always do "Power Off" from TWRP, and then do a physical button "Power On".
That's the closest one can get these days to a "Power Off" switch, or removable battery. :D

A few comments:

1. I now have VoLTE (Telia Sweden), which I never had gotten before on the Mix1.

2. The first few sms I sent (in Truecaller) did not go off directly, I had to resend them once. Odd??

Update:

SMS take an abnormally long time . . .

Update 2:
There is a known problem sending sms in the latest version of Truecaller.
"They are working on it."
Not a Xiaomi.eu problem apparently.

3. Google keyboard does not work at first when composing a new email in Bluemail - no response when pressing letters. After "flipping around"o_O some it will start working, not sure what I did.
Responding to old emails seems to work directly.

This (keyboard problem) is the same on my Mi Note 2, also running 8.5.10.

Last edited:
Hey guys, I have a serious problem. I updated my MI5 with the latest versionxiaomi.eu_multi_MI5_8.5.3_v9-8.0 .zip via TRWP teamwin 3.2.1.1.
Now I have the problem that my phone is not starting. It is It is rebooting always back to the TRWP Menu.
I tried also to reinstall th older version. The same happened.
I saw no error on the loading procedure except "Digest Prüfung übersprungen, nicht gefunden"
Is there anybody to able to help me fo fix the problem?
I very appreciate any help.
Thanks
Hans

Mi Mix here, had to wipe everything, this is the first time it happened since D1 of this rom.
Tried to dirty flash, bootloop. Tried to flash the one before this, bootloop also.
Had to wipe all, format data, reboot to TWRP, copy the files over, reflash.
Lost like 120Gb of data, f*ck me. That was a good way to go back to scratch anyway, I would probably have never done it otherwise XD

Reactions: Adnan Rana
Any specific reasons?

Hi Sir Ingbrzy... Tried the latest 8.5.10 build for Redmi Note 5 (China version)... Clean install as always... :) And here are some of my observations:

1) Transitions and Animations are incredibly fast! However, there are times and instances that the UI lags instead... You can try if it lags by checking if there is an OTA update for the ROM thru the Updater app or inside Settings > About Phone...
2) I have installed another keyboard (Google Pinyin). There are times where when I am writing something, the keyboard just disappears. Like the phone is force closing the keyboard app... Don't know if it is because of the keyboard. But I'm pretty sure that it is not, since I am able to use the said keyboard flawlessly on official China Stable ROM.
3) When using the Camera App, if you try to landscape the phone, the camera screen just drop down its display...
4) System UI lags most of the time - whether MIUI Optimization is turned ON or OFF...
5) If you Clean Install the ROM, and queue the Magisk Root zip in TWRP, it will install the root but the system lags very much - just like the old builds for RN5... But if you just clean install the ROM, as in ONLY the ROM, there will be no to minimal system lags... versus the one with Magisk/root...

Hope you can recheck and make a better build soon :) Nevertheless, great work indeed sir. :) We're almost there! ;)

Reactions: Hồ Minh Ngọc
@ingbrzy Will you port this style to eu rom? :) and camera feature

Screenshot_2018-05-14-22-08-45-041_com.miui.home_zpsuv98fda5.png

Screenshot_2018-05-14-22-09-00-383_com.android.systemui_zpsnursmqlm.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.