MIUI 9.6 8.4.26/8.5.3/8.5.4/8.5.8/8.5.10/8.5.17/8.5.24

Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, it would be really really nice if anybody could help me: I recently flashed the Xiaomi.eu rom (Redmi Note 5) and generally everything works fine, but I keep getting the phone.anroid.com has stopped error. The error message is the following:

java.lang.NumberFormatException: For input string: "23,38 "
at sun.misc.FloatingDecimal.readJavaFormatString(FloatingDecimal.java:2043)
at sun.misc.FloatingDecimal.parseDouble(FloatingDecimal.java:110)
at java.lang.Double.parseDouble(Double.java:539)
at com.longcheer.service.DeviceInfoPool.switchStorage(DeviceInfoPool.java:437)
at com.longcheer.service.DeviceInfoPool.getRom(DeviceInfoPool.java:431)
at com.longcheer.service.DeviceInfoPool$1.handleMessage(DeviceInfoPool.java:142)
at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Unknown Source:21)
at android.os.Looper.loop(Unknown Source:139)
at android.app.ActivityThread.main(Unknown Source:68)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Native Method)
at com.android.internal.os.RuntimeInit$MethodAndArgsCaller.run(Unknown Source:11)
at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(Unknown Source:335)

I would be really really glad if anybody knows how to fix this.

Four weeks no update for Redmi Pro...?
Are we finally getting at least Nougat for our phones....?
Or what is the reason for this very long delay...?

Is it so hard to read first two posts?
MI6 and MIX2:
Please make backup before update to 8.4.26 and make wipe /data in case of bootloop

8.5.3 released for MI5, MIX, MINote2..
8.4.28 released for MIX2S...

This version will be last MIUI 9 weekly build, It's expected that the update (MIUI X?) will be resumed in June.
see more info http://en.miui.com/thread-2400817-1-1.html
It is a breake for all phones, your redmi pro is not speciall. Just few most bugged (Oreo) phones recive bugfix versions until some day in June.

Reactions: Rolph Muller
Four weeks no update for Redmi Pro...?
Are we finally getting at least Nougat for our phones....?
Or what is the reason for this very long delay...?
Remember you get what you get and it is free. .EU is not associated with Xiaomi. It's at the bottom of the first post as well as others (Copyright © Xiaomi.eu 2010-2018 All rights reserved. Not an official site of Xiaomi, Beijing ) which an amazing number of people don't seem to bother to read. We're on p47 of posts at the moment. Most things have been probably covered somewhere along the way...........

Reactions: BrauliX
Hi,

My phone is Mi6 with MIUI 9.5 stable 9.5.3.0 (OCACNFA).
The blocklist function doesn't work on this version (on 9.5.7.0 version to).

Is the blocklist function OK on weekly 8.5.8 for Mi6?

Thank you.

Jack, french member

This is a behavior only found in specific releases that were released during late April (2018-04-26),
mainly 8.4.26 for Beta and various 9.5.X.0 (X = 2/3/4/5/6/7) for Stable, depending on the device.
You can change global notification LED color in Settings -> Additional settings -> Notification lights -> Notification light color.
But if you want to restore the original notification LED behavior, flash this:
[link to 9.5.2.0flashable here - sorry cannot post link]
This is not a problem in recent releases and will not be a problem in future releases, because now only Android 8.0/8.1 devices are being patched for LEDs (and with a much smarter patch).

Thanks for your patch! Do you have the same for HM4Pro v8.4.26 Beta? Or some insights how to create one. I suppose the 9.5.2.0 won't work?

Last edited:
Hey, haven't used x.eu for a while since I had a break with xiaomi's phones and I can't find answer for that anywhere. All phones used to be updated weekly, excluding some specific ones for certain reason, but I see that it has changed and I'd like to ask whether it's totally different and just a couple of devices are updated weekly or it's just the matter of some last weaks and it doesn't usually happen? I'm asking because x.eu is still unusable on my Redmi Note 5 Pro and I hoped to get an update soon, but I'm waiting and waiting and nothing happens... :)

9.5.10 for mi note 3 works fine for me, no problems with the TWRP, i use the Travis version from XDA

Hi!
I have Mi Mix 2 with this ROM.
Since 8.4.4., Do Not Disturb is not working at it should be.
I activate it, moon icon appear with no problem, but all notifications continue with volume.

If i go to DND settings, i have the VIP list from everyone (i want to accept calls from all people), and a rule set for all days from 23:00 to 9:00.

¿Is anyone else having this issue? Is there any fix?

No sound from speaker during videocalls with Duo, Hangouts, Whatsapp etc on my Mi mix 2. How can I fix it or can it be fixed? Is there a workaround for this kind of problem? Anyone else with this kind of problem?

I flushed the ROM with mi mix 2s but it did not start.

The version of twrp is 3.2.1 and the version of ROM is 5.2.17.

Has anyone been able to flush ROM with mi mix 2s?

Again bootloop on Redmi Pro, after various weeks working fine (incl. shutting down/rebooting phone). Mysterious behavior.

Workaround: rebvoot to recovery, wipe dalvik, and reboot again (takes aprox 15 min). Now not shutting phone down, as it will get bootlooped again.

Any suggestion? I already did full clean install (incl format data)...

I'm currently on xiaomi.eu 8.5.10, on Redmi Note 5 Pro 6gb/64gb. I use Greek as my UI language. I have 2 bugs.

1. Settings should be translated to "Ρυθμίσεις" instead of "Αυτή η ρύθμιση έχει περιοριστεί".
2. The Alarm Clock fails as soon as an alarm is about to go off. So you can not use it at all for waking up in the morning.

The rom is fresh install with all partitions properly deleted before and TWRP 3.2.1-0.

Generally from from all the MIUI roms i tried (Dev & Stable both Global & China), the xiaomi.eu one has the most features. Some work must be done concerning stability, ram optimization but mostly glitching - light freezing in UI animations. MIUI is very heavy for no reason at all. Also 6gb ram is an overdose of ram.

Previously on my Redmi Note 3 Pro i had installed XTRV-8.5.3/10/14 & ARΩMA ROM - Global Source from xiaomi-miui.gr . Unfortunately they do not have a rom for Redmi Note 5 Pro. This rom has a couple things extra that i find usefull.

So for me xiaomi.eu all the way!!!

Thanks a lot for giving me the opportunity to express myself. Keep up the good work!

Might be an critical issue of 8.5.24 on MIX 1

All browsers on my MIX were automatically closed right after I downloaded any files from internet.

Anyone got this issue like me? Please point it out for the team to fix asap. Thanks.

Just found out the real bug of 8.5.24 on MIX that whenever the OS opens a bottom prompted popin to choose a browser, a dowmloader, ..., it will automatically close immediately.

For example, if you open a link from Outlook, it will ask you to select a browser, then it closes right away.

Status
Not open for further replies.