MIUI 9.6 8.4.26/8.5.3/8.5.4/8.5.8/8.5.10/8.5.17/8.5.24

Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
No , you change Rom and all your data will be wipped .. Xiaomi.eu IS NOT OFFICIAL ROM .
Only on official roms the updater performs device reset when changing beta and stable
While on xiaomi.eu one can usually dirty flash official recovery roms dated same or newer with minimal probability for misbehaviour. For sure nothing will be wiped if you do not wipe it in twrp

Last edited:
The version of TWRP offered in the links for Polaris (Mix 2s) does not support encrypted /sdcard

I have the phone in bootloop now. How can I access the filesystem to upload another rom and try to recover the phone?

Thanks

The version of TWRP offered in the links for Polaris (Mix 2s) does not support encrypted /sdcard

I have the phone in bootloop now. How can I access the filesystem to upload another rom and try to recover the phone?

Thanks

Boot to TWRP recovery with hw keys and make format data. It will remove encryption from data partition

Sent from my MIX 2S using Tapatalk

Interested to know that too...

Anyway, hope this "battery burn" will ease off with MIUI 10, don't want to factory reset this phone just yet...

Thinking on upgrading my Mi4c with a Redmi Note 5 Global, probably will factory reset it then and change it to stable... Hope battery will stabilize then, the phone doesn't have that much use to need a new battery with 2 years...
I've the same ROM on my 2.5 year old mi4c. I get around 2.5 hours with 20% battery left.

With this rom outlook was draining my battery (20-30%), all is normal again after removing this app.

And in this 2.5 year I only slow charge it, maybe 7-8 times fast charged.

Tapatalk@Mi-4c

All 4 cores keep running with oreo on Mi5, i thought to give a try but i forgot why i was coming back to stable. Everybody's is talking good about oreo on Mi5, but all the cores running at the same time with no stop is not good voor the battery

I've the same ROM on my 2.5 year old mi4c. I get around 2.5 hours with 20% battery left.

With this rom outlook was draining my battery (20-30%), all is normal again after removing this app.

And in this 2.5 year I only slow charge it, maybe 7-8 times fast charged.

Tapatalk@Mi-4c

I never used outlook, have 3 accounts with hourly sync on the email app of miui.

Phone charges almost always with the original fast charger, few times with normal slow charger.

U get 2.5 hours with 20% charge doing what? Mine when it passes the 20% mark it starts going down pretty fast...

I never used outlook, have 3 accounts with hourly sync on the email app of miui.

Phone charges almost always with the original fast charger, few times with normal slow charger.

U get 2.5 hours with 20% charge doing what? Mine when it passes the 20% mark it starts going down pretty fast...
Fast charging is not good for the battery en for mi4c they say its even bad, search the net.

What I do changes daily and before or after 20% battery left is no difference in drain speed.

Today so far 2+ hours sot with 50%.
2a9aef7c909a4d916c855411349c2d2a.jpg
bce9008b259429cb95ec6fba76021126.jpg
42ab881e8c363db8e522cf99bf7d10d9.jpg
44174e4d6b1584e4776db4a1234c4acf.jpg

Tapatalk@Mi-4c

Fast charging is not good for the battery en for mi4c they say its even bad, search the net.

What I do changes daily and before or after 20% battery left is no difference in drain speed.

Tapatalk@Mi-4c

Can't see ppl with problems using fast charge, can see however ppl asking how to turn on fast charge on them. lol

One thing that's been bothering me, U have google play services with only 1.5% battery usage, I have "google services" that's eating up 11.4%!

Android system 16.3%
Google services 11.4%
Android 9.4%

Is there something i can do to "fix" google play services to NOT waste that much battery?

Last edited:
Can't see ppl with problems using fast charge, can see however ppl asking how to turn on fast charge on them. lol

One thing that's been bothering me, U have google play services with only 1.5% battery usage, I have "google services" that's eating up 11.4%!

Android system 16.3%
Google services 11.4%
Android 9.4%

Is there something i can do to "fix" google play services to NOT waste that much battery?
https://play.google.com/apps/testing/com.google.android.gms
I think installing this would help, at least for me worked quite well, it's just the beta program for the google play services.
I got
Android system 14.8%
Google services 0.5%
Android 9.2%
of battery usage on my mi5 with oreo.
Luck.

https://play.google.com/apps/testing/com.google.android.gms
I think installing this would help, at least for me worked quite well, it's just the beta program for the google play services.
I got
Android system 14.8%
Google services 0.5%
Android 9.2%
of battery usage on my mi5 with oreo.
Luck.

Tks, going to try that and see if battery usage drops... Don't think i have problems with battery, it's prolly something software related...

Don't use Fast Charge , I have Mi Note 3 and when I use Quickcharge 3.0 , The battery down very fast ... So use an 5V 2A Charger .

2a9aef7c909a4d916c855411349c2d2a.jpg
bce9008b259429cb95ec6fba76021126.jpg
42ab881e8c363db8e522cf99bf7d10d9.jpg
44174e4d6b1584e4776db4a1234c4acf.jpg

Tapatalk@Mi-4c

I just discovered a major issue (Mi4c) i don't know if it has been commented yet...I set up an alarm and found out that it doesn't sound; just vibrates and the clock system app itself got a FC.

I do really need the alarm to make sound... Is there any possible solution?

Tks, going to try that and see if battery usage drops... Don't think i have problems with battery, it's prolly something software related...
What is for you poor battery? With very light usage I get a little more than 1 hour sot, heavy usage 3-3.5 hours sot. But it needs charging almost only at the end of the day.
Mi4c has never been a good battery phone.

Tapatalk@Mi-4c

Hi Folks,

May I have some help with my Mi Note 2.

I'm on last global stable version v9.5.2.

When I try to install last weekly update, i've got an error 7. No MD5 file...

Phone unlocked, TWRP installed, Rooted with Magisk V16.3, I tried to update with all Magisk versions without success.

I think I have to install a more older weekly version to update from my stable global rom but which should I choose?

Hi Folks,

May I have some help with my Mi Note 2.

I'm on last global stable version v9.5.2.

When I try to install last weekly update, i've got an error 7. No MD5 file...

Phone unlocked, TWRP installed, Rooted with Magisk V16.3, I tried to update with all Magisk versions without success.

I think I have to install a more older weekly version to update from my stable global rom but which should I choose?
Is your twrp updated? Did you do any wipes? downloaded the correct zip?

Reactions: lelozerien
Is your twrp updated? Did you do any wipes? downloaded the correct zip?

I think I did, I use TWRP scorpio from the link given in the first page and downloaded xiaomi.eu_multi_MINote2_8.5.3_v9-8.0

I had to format data due to the phone encryption, and wiped cache and dalvik only.

I just discovered a major issue (Mi4c) i don't know if it has been commented yet...I set up an alarm and found out that it doesn't sound; just vibrates and the clock system app itself got a FC.

I do really need the alarm to make sound... Is there any possible solution?

No problems for me, and use alarm clock every day.

What is for you poor battery? With very light usage I get a little more than 1 hour sot, heavy usage 3-3.5 hours sot. But it needs charging almost only at the end of the day.
Mi4c has never been a good battery phone.

Tapatalk@Mi-4c

For me poor battery is little use, little to no calls made and with wifi/data constantly turned on to be connected to whatsapp and facebook messenger and to get my work emails and only get a days worth of battery from a 3k mAh battery...

After messing with google play services and uninstalling the updates and installing the more recent developer update i can say that battery e looking WAY better.
Already passed 1.5 days battery and i still have 35% battery left. google services left the second place and droped to 8.5% (from 12%) with SOT of 2h3m...

Need to find a way to force stop instagram to autostart because it's ignoring miui configs to do just that...

Status
Not open for further replies.