point Checked and confirmed. L3Hello, the thread's title says all... Widevine was L1 in 9.12.5 and below on my Mi 9T but is L3 in 9.12.12.
No problem.can this also eb used for the cepheus one? Seems the latest update downgraded it from L1 to L3
does this path also work for mi 9?== Widevine L1 patch for Mi 9T devices, working on 9.12.12/19/26, 20.1.2 and 188.8.131.52 Stable ==
Huge thanks to @Benfatica (found how to easily get L1 back) and @sauliiin (created the TWRP zip file) from XDA forum!
1) Download and put this file in root of your phone's storage => TWRP_Widevine_L1_Patch_v2.zip
2) Boot to TWRP Recovery.
3) Go to "Mount" menu and tick "Vendor", then "Back".
4) Go to "Install" menu and find & select "TWRP_Widevine_L1_Patch_v2.zip" file.
5) Do NOT tick "Reboot after installation" option!
6) Flash it.
7) After flashing, click on "Wipe Dalvik&Cache" button and do the wipe.
8) Reboot and check if it works!
EDIT: v2 = API version update (14 -> 15)!
In case of issue, the first version is still available => TWRP_Widevine_L1_Patch.zip
I have to say: No, anything better to do now.Got the patch working on my mi 9t and got widevine L1 again. But the netflix app still shows only 540p (Tested on the test patterns video).
Is there anything I could do?