9.8.29/9.9.3/9.9.6 - Last MIUI 10

Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ive got a problem with my mi9se and android auto. It reconnects very often every time i use it, maybe every 2 minutes theres a reconnect. Other phones work flawless.

What i did for problem solving right now:
- deactivate energy saver options for aa
- put app to autostart
- lock app in task manager
- enabled/disabled usb developer options

Ive never used second space or dual app.

All these things ive read in a lot posts about problems with aa on xda.

Maybe anyone got the same problems with aa and got it working?

greets
air32

Did you need to wipe all data (reset) when you install 9.9.6 which is updtae from android 9 to 10?
Hi!

It was a clean install from official miui (global developer beta).

Just followed normal installation procedure: twrp installation + standard wipes (not system) + rom flash + reboot = done!

I had some trouble with twrp installation though (I had to also flash misc file, otherwise recovery did not install and went always back to miui recovery).

Regards!

Enviado do meu Redmi K20 Pro através do Tapatalk

Btw does anyone know if this forum thread the correct place for bug reports, or is there somewhere else like an official bug tracker or something that I should be posting these issues to?

This is my first time using this ROM.

RULES WHEN POSTING
[...]
4. If a ROM has bugs, post the bug to the bug section if the BUG is not already listed
[...]

(Full rules here) ;)

Hi,
first of all great work on the ROM, i really love it!

After hours of searching here and googling, I did not get encryption to work....
Is there a tutorial I missed?

My device is a Xiaomi Mi8 (Global) a.k.a. dipper

Where I came from:
- Unecrypted data partition
- TWRP 3.3.1-1 from TWRP.me by mauronofrio
- MiUI 9.9.3
> worked like a charm!

But then I needed encryption to be enabled to use MS Teams on it...

So I:
- Made Data-Backup
- Went to Settings > ... > Encrypt Phone
> Ended in bootloop and finally in TWRP with unbootable device
>> OK, this was what I expected. (Why it should be that easy)

Then I:
- tried different settings in /vendor/etc/fstab.qcom (and /system/vendor/etc/fstab):
- encryptable=ice (was set before I started)
- fileencryption=ice
- fileencryption=forced
- tried other TWRP Versions:
- 3.2.3.0 (offical) by mauronofrio
- 3.2.3.0 by wzsx150
- 3.3.1-0607 by wzsx150

All ended with the same error:
- Unable to mount /data invalid argument
- System not booting

Is there any way other going back zu stock miui global incl. stock recovery to get encryption on a Xiaomi Mi 8?

Thank you in advance!

Last edited:
Reactions: qbert
Do you have problem with Google location history (timeline)? It hasn't worked for me since 9.8.22 (clean install). Xiaomi Mi 9

Odesláno z mého MI 9 pomocí Tapatalk

Did you get it to work? I've updated my phone earlier this week (use to be on 9.6.27) and discovered that the tracking has stopped since then. I've just seen that my mi 8 was no longer associated to the tracking. I've reactivate it but it's a bit soon to know if this was the issue, I'll let you know later.

If you want to check on your end, you'll need to go in maps, press the three lines to open the menu and select Timeline. Then you have a location icon under World (my phone is in French so I'm roughly translating), press it and it'll show something like Location history activated Manage. Select Manage and then on the new screen, deploy Associated devices to this accompt (again, a rought translation). There you should have your Mi 9 which, if like me, is unchecked. Just check the box then test it out.

Then I:
- tried different settings in /vendor/etc/fstab.qcom (and /system/vendor/etc/fstab):
- encryptable=ice (was set before I started)
- fileencryption=ice
- fileencryption=forced
- tried other TWRP Versions:
- 3.2.3.0 (offical) by mauronofrio
- 3.2.3.0 by wzsx150
- 3.3.1-0607 by wzsx150

That's the I have done (in my Mix2S) and result in device encrypted (and accessible via TWRP):
* Wipe device then Format data
* Flash global ROM (not EU)
* Reboot device then configure lockscreen password (to set encriptation password)
* Reboot into recovery
* Introduce your lockscreen password to decrypt /data/data and /sdcard
* Wipe device (not format data)
* Flash EU ROM
* Mount /vendor
* Edit /system/vendor/etc/fstab.qcomm then change "fileencryption=ice" to "fileencryption=ice,quota"
* Reboot device
After that the result is:
* You need your password to access the device after boot
* You need your password to access /sdcard and /data/data when reboot into recovery (you can bypass the introduction of the password but they result in incomprensible filenames and contents in /sdcard and /data/data)

Thank you very much @the matrix.
MiFlash is already running. :)

Which version of TWRP you are using?

I'm using last official (3.3.1) but note that your device and mine isn't the same.

NOTE about encryption: Due to EU ROM isn't supporting encryption, after follow the instructions that I've posted a few posts above, you can wipe device from TWRP recovery but you can't format data. Also, remember to manually update the fstab.qcomm in /vendor every time you flash a EU ROM (before reboot).
If you forget to update the fstab.qcomm file the result is a bootloop...
This bootloop is easily solved restarting in recovery then updating the fstab file...

That's the I have done (in my Mix2S) and result in device encrypted (and accessible via TWRP):
* Wipe device then Format data
* Flash global ROM (not EU)
* Reboot device then configure lockscreen password (to set encriptation password)
* Reboot into recovery
* Introduce your lockscreen password to decrypt /data and /sdcard
* Wipe device (not format data)
* Flash EU ROM
* Mount /vendor
* Edit /system/vendor/etc/fstab.qcom then change "[...] /data [...] encryptable=ice,quota" to "[...] fileencryption=ice,quota"
* Reboot device
After that the result is:
* You need your password to access the device after boot
* You need your password to access /sdcard and /data when reboot into recovery (you can bypass the introduction of the password but they result in incomprensible filenames and contents in /sdcard and /data)
I can confirm, this works on my mi 8 global!

Just corrected typeerrors in green. :cool:

Redmi note 7, 9.9.3, *no-support-for-this-app-on-this-forum* hdr enhanced mode no works. Anybody with this problem? In early versions this feature was working. Thanks .

Last edited:
Redmi note 7, 9.9.3, *no-support-for-this-app-on-this-forum* hdr enhanced mode no works. Anybody with this problem? In early versions this feature was working. Thanks.

In the last 2 or 3 releases there is this bug. If you switch to HDR+ (not enhanced) you'll have all the photo you want (with lower quality, but it works)

Reactions: Rpdos
I installed 9.9.6 on Mi9 and I noticed that the location history on Google Maps does not work anymore by doing the first configuration it was not enough to restore the data from my Google account. Is the location history a bug that can be fixed or should I return to pie?

Reactions: bittor22
Did you get it to work? I've updated my phone earlier this week (use to be on 9.6.27) and discovered that the tracking has stopped since then. I've just seen that my mi 8 was no longer associated to the tracking. I've reactivate it but it's a bit soon to know if this was the issue, I'll let you know later.

If you want to check on your end, you'll need to go in maps, press the three lines to open the menu and select Timeline. Then you have a location icon under World (my phone is in French so I'm roughly translating), press it and it'll show something like Location history activated Manage. Select Manage and then on the new screen, deploy Associated devices to this accompt (again, a rought translation). There you should have your Mi 9 which, if like me, is unchecked. Just check the box then test it out.
@kvakinator
Seems to be working fine now.

Envoyé de mon MI 8 en utilisant Tapatalk

you guys are messing with data and partitions of the phone, dont be amazed if someday you make it unusable..if you want an encrypted device dont use custom roms..use oficial one..just my 2 cents.

I installed 9.9.6 on Mi9 and I noticed that the location history on Google Maps does not work anymore by doing the first configuration it was not enough to restore the data from my Google account. Is the location history a bug that can be fixed or should I return to pie?
How would you downgrade? When I try it, I can't encrypt data

Gesendet von meinem MI 9 mit Tapatalk

Anyone else having issues downloading files from Google Chrome? They act like they download successfully but never get saved. I've tried manually setting the download location but when I tap the option it just shows me Downloads as the only option with no way to change it.

Downloads worked fine previously on latest MIUI Global Stable ROM.

EDIT: Also one other small thing I noticed, but it seems like the Camera's internal stabilization was working for a 4k 60fps video I took the other day, but today I took another one and it doesn't seem to be working now (though it never worked with 60fps in the latest MIUI Global Stable ROM). However, on the plus side, stabilization is working and saving correctly in Google Photos for 4k 60fps videos whereas it would work but fail to save on any 60fps video I tried in the Global ROM (1080p and 4k). I haven't had this phone very long so I don't know how well that option actually works anyway, so maybe it is working and it just happened to work better with that particular video the other day, it's hard to say since I haven't taken many videos yet.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.