9.8.29/9.9.3/9.9.6 - Last MIUI 10

Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ended up doing a fresh install of the rom and now notifications are displaying again. I have a feeling I broke it when I was trying to setup syncing to Google Drive using the app "Autosync for Google Drive". I tried backing up the Android folder to keep my settings backed up but I think I messed it up by setting it to 2-way syncing originally as well as messing up which folder it synced to. It's just a guess, but it seems to happen right after that.

Once I get all of my mods and tweaks setup again I'll see if it happens again.

Mi 9 8GB/128GB - Blue / EU 9.9.6 Without Root
Still in Widevine L3, can't install Netflix from Play Store, and even use installed from APK.

Ended up doing a fresh install of the rom and now notifications are displaying again. I have a feeling I broke it when I was trying to setup syncing to Google Drive using the app "Autosync for Google Drive". I tried backing up the Android folder to keep my settings backed up but I think I messed it up by setting it to 2-way syncing originally as well as messing up which folder it synced to. It's just a guess, but it seems to happen right after that.

Once I get all of my mods and tweaks setup again I'll see if it happens again.
So I figured out what actually caused notifications to break. I wanted to change the config_allowAllRotations boolean from true to false in /system/framework/framework-res.apk because I can't stand reverse-portrait orientation (makes watching videos in bed a pain). So I used apktool to unpack, edit, and repack it. As soon as I replaced the apk and rebooted, notifications immediately broke again. Reverted it back to a copy of the original apk, rebooted, and they were immediately fixed.

If anyone knows how to modify that setting without breaking notifications, please let me know.

So I figured out what actually caused notifications to break. I wanted to change the config_allowAllRotations boolean from true to false in /system/framework/framework-res.apk because I can't stand reverse-portrait orientation (makes watching videos in bed a pain). So I used apktool to unpack, edit, and repack it. As soon as I replaced the apk and rebooted, notifications immediately broke again. Reverted it back to a copy of the original apk, rebooted, and they were immediately fixed.

If anyone knows how to modify that setting without breaking notifications, please let me know.
Look this Amazing tool : https://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1633333&page=785

Envoyé de mon MIX 2S en utilisant Tapatalk

Anyone have micro lags or slowdown with all Android 10 version like me ? I noticed antutu score is 20k slower winth Android Q and stutter a bit during the test, back to Android P fix my issue. Otherwise Android Q working well, cam, battery life, notifications...

lo siento, me acabo de registrar en este foro y formulé una pregunta, pero parece que lo eliminaron. ¿Puedes decirme que pasa? Solo quiero que alguien me guíe. Repito que acabo de ingresar porque compré un mi9 y lo he desbloqueado hoy espero sus noticias saludos
Don't write in Spanish, this is an English forum so maybe that's why your post was deleted from existence. Also check all the rules before posting anything.
A tip from a Mexican and "ñ" fella. ;)

Battery indicator show incorrect % on my Mi 5s phone.
Sometimes shut off when 40%+ left. I tried to factory reset 1 time already.

This ROM / version is having battery drain?

Charged it overnight. Was 100% full. It's now 11:55 having only 68% and not using that much.

Screentime today was 1h40m..

I have been using 9.9.3 build for my Mi 6 device for a week. It's great. I have also manually enabled full disk encryption by modifying fstab.qcom file. May I learn if there is a particular reason why FDE is not enabled by default? What was the main reason pushed developers to disable it by default?

Dies anyone has the issue on Mi9 with MIUI 10 on Android Q that location sharing on Google Maps isn't working?
If I want to enable it again, it wants to enable location history (which is already enabled), but fails then while activating.

Same here : not working on MIUI 10 / Android 10 (Redmi K20 Pro)
That's my only reason for going back to latest Pie stable

Look this Amazing tool : https://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1633333&page=785

Envoyé de mon MIX 2S en utilisant Tapatalk
I just took a look, but it seems that tool just provides a more user friendly wrapper to apktool which is what I used manually.

It's possible that it does something slightly different or uses a slightly different version of apktool or something, but for what it's worth I had no problems decompiling, modifying the resource file, and recompiling manually then inserting the modified resource.asrc file into the original APK and the setting change worked, reverse-portrait rotation was prevented.

However I think just modifying that file at all somehow may have caused it to fail some kind of validation by MIUI or something like that causing the notifications to break. When I have some time later I'll try going through the same process again using this tool and see if my notifications still work, but I have a feeling it will be the same. I'll report back if it does work.

I was hoping to use Privset to modify the setting without messing with the framework-res.apk file directly, but it didn't work (maybe not compatible with Android Q or just MIUI in general, who knows).

Really annoying that this change was made at all in this rom as the stock MIUI roms prevent that orientation and it's easy enough to use an app to re-enable it if you want it. However, no app I have found can prevent only that one orientation. They either allow all orientations or lock to one specific orientation. All I want to do is allow whatever orientation would normally be allowed by whatever app I'm using, except reverse-portrait (e.g. exactly what setting config_allowAllRotations to false does. Unfortunately, the creators of the Xiaomi.eu rom decided to modify it themselves to be true when creating this rom (or perhaps the developer versions they use as a base has it set to true by default, who knows). Actually I don't really care why it is set, I just want it unset :p

When I make a fresh install, I have to set every application and system settings again. Can I restore the data with TWRP?

MI 8 SE cihazımdan Tapatalk kullanılarak gönderildi

Miui 9.9.3 camera issue won't record 4k freezes app and you have to force close it any fix for this? Mi max 3

When I make a fresh install, I have to set every application and system settings again. Can I restore the data with TWRP?

Titanium backup seems to be the most recommended backup app for years now (note you must be rooted, so install the latest Magisk first). The UI is confusing as hell when you first start out, but once you figure it out it seems to work beautifully. If you pay for the pro version it even has built in syncing to Google Drive, Dropbox, and other services. It lets you individually back up all apps and settings (including system apps and even supposedly system settings). Then you can restore everything or only what you want (probably best to restore just what you need if switching rom versions and not just reinstalling the same rom). It even has an option to create an update.zip file to flash with TWRP with the apks and app data you want to restore. I just got it all setup yesterday, so I can't comment on how well the restore process works yet, but the backup process is working flawlessly and the granularity is awesome.

You can also do Nandroid backups with TWRP, but the last time I tried to restore one I ended up in a recovery boot loop (using latest unofficial TWRP for Mi 9, though that could be due to Android 10, the TWRP version, or who knows what). However keep in mind Nandroid backups are for restoring your full partitions, so shouldn't really be used when upgrading, only to restore a previous version of the rom when testing a new one (assuming the store works...) as for example if you store your old data partition to a new rom it could break all kinds of stuff due to incompatible settings.

Reactions: CommanderSix
Hello, every time you change from beta to stable rom, a data wipe is needed.
How do I back up my apps so I can restore saves in games which don't do cloud saves?

I suppose what I've been doing so far were all "dirty" flashes. I can't afford to lose data, nor do I look forward to reinstalling again all this crap I keep on my phone

Please, explain it to me like I'm stupid.
Would Nandroid Backup help here?

EDIT:
Poster above me, aside from being randomly helpful yet again, just did this.
I'm not rooted, and can't be because reasons, so I likely have to use Nandroid.

How do I back up my apps so I can restore saves in games which don't do cloud saves?

I suppose what I've been doing so far were all "dirty" flashes. I can't afford to lose data, nor do I look forward to reinstalling again all this crap I keep on my phone

Please, explain it to me like I'm stupid.
Would Nandroid Backup help here?

EDIT:
Poster above me, aside from being randomly helpful yet again, just did this.
I'm not rooted, and can't be because reasons, so I likely have to use Nandroid.
Titanium Backup should definitely be able to do it, though you should make sure to test it at least once. Also you can take a Nandroid backup using the TWRP recover which should also save it (and you can even use Titanium Backup to restore it from the nandroid backup without restoring the whole backup, but I haven't used that feature yet). Though again, make sure you do a backup and test it somehow before wiping your phone. Maybe do it with a game that you don't care much about or try restoring it to a friend's phone (assuming they're also rooted).

Unfortunately Titanium backup is a bit of a mess, so it's not super easy to get started with. I don't have time right now to write a tutorial, but there should be plenty of guides online (the app hasn't really changed in years).

But long story short, assuming you use TWRP, reboot into recovery and take a backup of your data partition (that's a nandroid backup) and copy it to your computer. Then also install Titanium Backup and back up the game using that just in case. Then copy the that backup to your computer. Those should definitely have you covered, but you'll have to follow a guide online on how to restore.

Again I can't stress enough how important it is to test restoring a backup before you delete anything. The first time I tried to do a full nandroid restore in TWRP the other day, the phone wouldn't boot. So turned out that backup was useless (though I may have been able to restore some stuff from it using Titanium, I never tried). My point is, until you've actually tested restoring, you can't assume you're backups actually work ;)

Reactions: CommanderSix
Titanium backup seems to be the most recommended backup app for years now (note you must be rooted, so install the latest Magisk first). The UI is confusing as hell when you first start out, but once you figure it out it seems to work beautifully. If you pay for the pro version it even has built in syncing to Google Drive, Dropbox, and other services. It lets you individually back up all apps and settings (including system apps and even supposedly system settings). Then you can restore everything or only what you want (probably best to restore just what you need if switching rom versions and not just reinstalling the same rom). It even has an option to create an update.zip file to flash with TWRP with the apks and app data you want to restore. I just got it all setup yesterday, so I can't comment on how well the restore process works yet, but the backup process is working flawlessly and the granularity is awesome.

You can also do Nandroid backups with TWRP, but the last time I tried to restore one I ended up in a recovery boot loop (using latest unofficial TWRP for Mi 9, though that could be due to Android 10, the TWRP version, or who knows what). However keep in mind Nandroid backups are for restoring your full partitions, so shouldn't really be used when upgrading, only to restore a previous version of the rom when testing a new one (assuming the store works...) as for example if you store your old data partition to a new rom it could break all kinds of stuff due to incompatible settings.
Thank you for your kind answer bro. I will try titanium but I know that some apps don't work if installed with titanium backup.

I'm using the latest 9.9.3 build in last 7 days... Eu rom is amazing

Sent from my MI 8 using Tapatalk

Hi guys i own an mi8 global version and its time to upgrade from miui global developer rom to another rom. I am thinking of eu dev 9.9.3 but is it worth it to do it now or wait for android 10 eu? Whats your opinion ?

Hello guys,
I'm on 9.9.3 with xiaomi mi 8 SE.
I have encountered these problems:

- When I take a screenshot I can't send it or open it and it doesn't save in the gallery

- When I put the "do not disturb" mode on, you can still hear the sounds, like unlocking the phone ... while they are not heard in vibration mode ... shouldn't it be the other way around?

- with the camera stock when I use the portrait mode save a photo with a completely green screen ... Can it be because I'm also using the *no-support-for-this-app-on-this-forum*?

thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.