9.8.29/9.9.3/9.9.6 - Last MIUI 10

Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
After full wipe , flashing 9.9.6.
Flash magisk 19.3 and 19.4, root is Wieling buy Titanium Backup isnt working... It keeps FC.
Anybody can help me ?

Verstuurd vanaf mijn MI 9 met Tapatalk

In radio app I can't use the speaker, only sound in headphones. I press on "speaker" but won't work, always sound in headphones.
9.9.3 Redmi Note 5 whyred
Please someone help me to fix it.
Do you have the same problem?

Last edited:
Yes, we set it that way, it's useful for many of us, can't see why that is a problem.
The problem is that if you are laying in bed and the phone is sideways, when that option is set to false, I can tilt the phone slightly toward top down orientation and it won't switch. So I can watch youtube in landscape and just tilt the phone back to portrait to choose another video. With it set to true, it's impossible to watch videos in bed without locking rotation to horizontal as the phone constantly rotates to reverse portrait, then I have to keep unlocking it every time I want to go portrait. It's just frustrating to use. I'm not sure why it's ideal to bake that change into the rom because it's easy to use a rotation customization app to allow full rotation if you want it, but impossible to use any app to prevent reverse-portrait only. So basically it's impossible to undo this change in software, but is possible to get the same effect when it's left as default using an app for those that want it. I've never had a case where I actually wanted reverse portrait, so not sure what the benefit is for others.

Reactions: Manuauto
I don't mind hacking the framework-res.apk myself to change it back, but then somehow it breaks all my notifications (not sure why) though it does fix the rotation problem.

The problem is that if you are laying in bed and the phone is sideways, when that option is set to false, I can tilt the phone slightly toward top down orientation and it won't switch. So I can watch youtube in landscape and just tilt the phone back to portrait to choose another video. With it set to true, it's impossible to watch videos in bed without locking rotation to horizontal as the phone constantly rotates to reverse portrait, then I have to keep unlocking it every time I want to go portrait. It's just frustrating to use. I'm not sure why it's ideal to bake that change into the rom because it's easy to use a rotation customization app to allow full rotation if you want it, but impossible to use any app to prevent reverse-portrait only. So basically it's impossible to undo this change in software, but is possible to get the same effect when it's left as default using an app for those that want it. I've never had a case where I actually wanted reverse portrait, so not sure what the benefit is for others.
Some phone stands for cars have the bottom part sealed and the only way for these users to charge their phone at the same time is when the device is upside-down, so that the charging port is exposed. "Watching videos in bed" in some strange angles is not something I'll be taking seriously.

Lock the orientation to portrait, in YouTube go in full screen through the little button inside the player, it goes to landscape, press back key and you are out of full screen mode

Sent from my MI 6 using Tapatalk

Reactions: einsteinx2
I cannot connect my LDAC speaker with LDAC codec, bluetooth page shows SBC as coded instead of LDAC. Can anyone confirm this so I can make thread in "bugs"?

How can i copy rom after format data?just restart phone and copy it ?
When you have formatted data in twrp, reboot twrp without going to system and while in twrp, connect phone to your computer and transfer the rom and install it. Then reboot to system.

Reactions: ivan.martinko
I cannot connect my LDAC speaker with LDAC codec, bluetooth page shows SBC as coded instead of LDAC. Can anyone confirm this so I can make thread in "bugs"?
I have an LDAC speaker and it's worked fine for me on a Mi 9 running 9.9.6. Also AAC mode works fine on my AirPods though the first time I had to manually select it as it defaulted to SBC and showed me a warning that AAC mode might not work or something to that effect.

Lock the orientation to portrait, in YouTube go in full screen through the little button inside the player, it goes to landscape, press back key and you are out of full screen mode
That was the first thing I tried and for some reason it just showed the landscape video in portrait mode with huge black bars at the top and bottom. But I just tried it again right now and it's working exactly as you described! This more or less totally solves my problem as I can just lock it in portrait mode once and both watch videos and browse for new ones. Thanks for pointing it out so I tried it again, as I has already written that solution off as not working!

Some phone stands for cars have the bottom part sealed and the only way for these users to charge their phone at the same time is when the device is upside-down, so that the charging port is exposed. "Watching videos in bed" in some strange angles is not something I'll be taking seriously.
My main argument was really just that those that need that orientation can easily use any number of third party apps to unlock it, whereas it's not possible to undo this setting using any third party apps I tried (even the one that specifically advertised it could do so).

Anyway, it's clear I'm in the minority here and this is your ROM after all, so I'm not going to ask you to change it when it's clear it's not wanted. I completely understand that all requests can't be met and if more people use upside down car mounts than watch videos while laying down in bed, then more people are benefiting by the current setting choice as they don't have to find a third party app. Also thanks to lololw1 getting me to try portrait orientation locking again, it's waaay less annoying now anyway. I only have to lock it once instead of locking and unlock over and over again.

Since you know more about the ROM internals than I do, if by any chance you may know or have any thoughts on why using apktool to manually adjust that setting would cause all notifications to stop displaying I would really appreciate it as I'm happy to modify it on my device to get the result I'm after.

For whatever reason, the notifications still get received, I can see them in the Settings > Notification area, but nothing shows on either the lock screen or notification shade, nor do I get any sound alerts. It's really weird. All I did was unpack the framework-res.apk, edit the config xml, repack it, then re-insert the compiled resources.arsc file into the original apk and replaced the apk on the device. It worked perfectly to change the setting, but then no more notifications. As soon as I replaced the original apk, notifications worked fine again.

Though actually now that I think about it, that setting is the default, so maybe it couldn't read the new resource file after all and just defaulted back to false, while the notifications rely on something else in that config that isn't an Android default... Hmm I'll have to keep playing around with it.

Anyway it's not the end of the world. This ROM is way better than the official one, and if I have to manually lock the rotation when I'm watching youtube, so be it. Honestly, thank you guys for all the work you put into this, I really don't mean to come off as complaining about something so minor. It just goes to show how good the ROM is that this is the only major "problem" I have haha.

Reactions: Manuauto
Igor, by any chance, can we enable 180° rotation?

Reason, before miui I was used to use my phone upside down due to signal issues while in areas with very low coverage, I miss it sometimes :)

Sent from my MI 8 Explorer Edition using Tapatalk

Reason, before miui I was used to use my phone upside down due to signal issues while in areas with very low coverage, I miss it sometimes :)

What's 180° rotation? Landscape mode? Most MIUI apps have forced portrait mode and we can't change that.

What's 180° rotation? Landscape mode? Most MIUI apps have forced portrait mode and we can't change that.
I think they are referring to the exact type of rotation (reverse portrait) that I was asking to be removed :p

The ROM itself has this rotation mode enabled, but it's likely those apps have it disabled in the app itself. There are various third party apps you can use to enable any rotation you want in any app you want. I'm not sure the ROM can override app specific rotations without essentially integrating one of those apps.

Dear Devs,
with the new info delivered by xiaomi, can we expect EU rom for k20 pro today, or on friday, when public is going to be released?
Thank u so very much in advance,
Cheers.

Last edited:
Dear Devs,
with new info delivered by xiaomi, can we expect xiaomi EU for k20 Pro today, or on friday when public is going to be released?
Thank u so very much in advance,
Cheers.

It is said that the Redmi K20’s public development beta will only release on the 20th of October.

Reactions: haziqabgsapri
Status
Not open for further replies.