A different way to make macro shots on Mi 11 Ultra

maravilha00

Members
Oct 11, 2021
Due to the fact that there's no macro lens on the 11 Ultra, shots made with digital 2x zoom on main wide lens are not that perfect. Recently I thought: what if I use the video 8K option, fix the focus on closest distance possible (about 10 cm) and start filming during few seconds while moving slowly forth and back ?!
Once done I opened the app Google Foto to edit the video, then I look for the best focus within the video and lastly click on "Export frame". The result is a photo resolution of 7680x4320 pixels. I then crop it into 4:3 photo format. This results in 5765x4320pixels. If i crop further, say to 2 third of the diagonal I still obtain a pic of roughly 4000x3000 pixels.
I join the original pics, the first 2 flowers are both 5765x4320 and the 3rd is 3973x2981 (nearly 4000x3000 :)).
Let me know if you think these results are crisp enough as "macro shots".
Thanks for comments & eventual suggestions.

This is a great idea!

Thank you for sharing. Mi 11 Ultra cam is still absolutely amazing. I love it!

The first shot is not the best, but the other two ones are really good. If you let them run through an AI-Sharpener (if you know what you are doing), you get proffessional results.

I will try your idea myself. The possibility to choose between so many shots, taken within seconds, is cool.

Reactions: maravilha00