Ability to use 90Hz

Martin | Mi 11

Members
Mar 28, 2021
Hey everyone,
I like using 90Hz on my Mi 11, as 60Hz is too slow for me and 120Hz uses too much battery. It's possible to change it in SetEdit but would it be possible that you add this option in the system settings like on the mi 10t pro for example?
Thanks!

Reactions: cosminr9
Careful with this I heard many people had problems with the display after a while

I have set mine on 90 and never had a problem and probably won't. The reason? The screen for the Mi 11 Ultra is a veriable refresh rate screen. That means that refresh rates will change from 120Hz to 60Hz depending what is on the screen and one of those speeds between the two settings is 90Hz. The phones screen is designed to work at 90HZ.

Reactions: xNAPx and ov1lord
I have set mine on 90 and never had a problem and probably won't. The reason? The screen for the Mi 11 Ultra is a veriable refresh rate screen. That means that refresh rates will change from 120Hz to 60Hz depending what is on the screen and one of those speeds between the two settings is 90Hz. The phones screen is designed to work at 90HZ.
The screen supports 60/90/120, that's why I'm wondering why we shouldn't use 90

I've read the forums on xda about screen problems but they're talking about the poco x3 NFC which has a totally different panel from MI 11 (it's ips LCD and not amoled)
I'm running 90hz on my mi11 and I didn't find any problems yet, but I found a great advantage in battery life which is 30% better for me

I've read the forums on xda about screen problems but they're talking about the poco x3 NFC which has a totally different panel from MI 11 (it's ips LCD and not amoled)
I'm running 90hz on my mi11 and I didn't find any problems yet, but I found a great advantage in battery life which is 30% better for me
Its understandable if it's a screen thatis a 60Hz screen, but there is no reason it would not work on a variable refresh rate screen.