About KuaiPan (fake) removal

DanielWu9790

Members
Sep 11, 2014
It's been said that KuaiPan service is removed from Xiaomi.eu ROMS since it's considered "bloatware" and a very slow service. I disagree to some extent, since I find it practical to just do a cut & paste to transfer my files. But whatever..

What shocks me is that the KuaiPan service actually has not been removed at all, the only thing removed is the shortcut inside the file explorer itself. I know this since in past official updates I created a shortcut of the KuaiPan drive in the homescreen, and when tapping it now in 4.10.10 Xiaomi.eu, the KuaiPan folder window opens directly inside the Explorer, being completely functional, allowing me to log in and upload files, as in official ROM.
So basically, the access to KuaiPan Drive has been somehow banned or hidden, but not removed.

For the sake of performance, of course lots of functions should be optimized and even removed (MIUI still consumes lots of resources) but it's hardly understandable banning a feature and pretend it is not there, when it is, as even its strings are being translated.
What I mean is, remove it or leave it, but don't do this.

Its impossible to remove a core app function.
We used the same method MIUI do for Global roms. All apps have Global switches that hide chinese functions like Xunlei Engine or Browser chinese front page. And this doesnt hit performance, you just dont see the function. Thats all.

Excuse my absolute ignorance then. Still, I think some Chinese users might choose your roms just because (or at least in my own experience) are far more stable than official roms. Chinese is still available as a language, so why not provide an option for power users in developer settings to "unhide" those Chinese functions?

This doesn't work like that...
Also global roms have the same kuaipan disabled. I don't care about Chinese using our roms. We do roms for international users not Chinese.

Wysłane z MI4 W