About Ibuygou Support - My experience

mblowt

Members
Jul 30, 2013
I want to share my story with you..
Since by now I give up hope -together with the force to fight daily with them- I hope I can be helped anyhow by someone or simply work as a reference for future experiences...

I have to start by saying that I successfully made multiple shopping on Ibuygou, starting from my mi2s, and continuing with more mi2s and some accessories and I have been always satisfied for their sales service...
But:

- I bought a mi2s for my sister on Ibuygou on May 2013 and, after few months (in beginning of November), a yellow tint appeared on the display and I decided to contact their support.
- The asked me to sent it back, and I paid 35€ for the courier, thinking that an express shipping would have reduced the overall timing for getting it back.
- On 24 December, after more than a month, they shipped back the phone to me, also claiming 20USD more for courier. I decided to pay to get it back faster.

- When I opened the package, the phone presented the following issues:
1 Seals were broken. I would have not expected this by an official support.
2 More tints appeared on the display. Despite it was the only problem for what I sent it back, 3 more tints were on the display. Incredible, you think not?
3 While changing the LCD, the front camera has been damaged. There was a kind of glue that was covering half of the camera surface. With this trouble it was impossible to shoot pictures, because photos were half covered by black!
4 While changing the LCD, the proximity sensor has been damaged. It didn't work anymore.
5 I think that the LCD replacement that has been used is not original. Or, if it is original, for sure is not the same as before (If you could have looked backlit, you could have noticed that a sort of "pattern" covered the screen. Strange, right?)

- they asked me to make a video, showing all the problems, and -after tons of emails- they decided to get it back again. I decided to pay 35€more for the courier. I did it again. But claimed to be refunded for this shipping. (claim lost...)

Every time I read an email wrote by them address it says "we are checking", "please wait", "we are very busy", "thanks for your patience"... and so on.

I am wondering what the hell they need to check further, if they have looked at my phone!!!???

My patience is more than over now!
Mainly because the last email I got says " FYI,According to our return policy, The following conditions are not applied in 12 month warranty [...] As your phone had been opened by yourself wihin warranty period, I am afraid you would have to bear the repairing fee (100USD for charge the LCD screen)."

Are they kidding me?????????????

I don't know what to do more :(
The only thing I want is a phone fully working (To be honest I would expect a new phone!), because now:

1 I am without phone! (I give mine to my sister)
2 I paid almost 100€ for shipping it twice!
3 I have never been answered clearly!

I am bored now, and I am seriously thinking about commencing legal proceeding with the support of a legal studio in Hong Kong.... even as a matter of principle!

For sure, this is the worst experience I have ever had with an e-commerce, and I won't never buy again there!

Last edited:
Reactions: deini and Fortinho
I hope that someone from ibuygou wakes up from its golden bed and seriously handles every pending issue... rather than continuing to sell phone which have not been launched yet

I who have purchased from them after your experience, I fear that if something happens for sure I will not have the warranty, I do not think will buy more from them.
I'm sorry for your situation mblowt

When i bought mine it came without screen foil on and with taken pictures in gallery. They didnt even bother to do factory reset after using it. I contacted them and they said there were just checking if everything is fine. The picture taken was from a lunch... Then i had some troubles with the speaker and contacted them again and didnt even answer.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Best to repair yourself if you can.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn MI 2 met Tapatalk

Very annoying situation.
I hope I'll never need their support.
Do you guys know any other site to buy xiaomi originals safe?

Sent from my MI 2S using Tapatalk

How about some forum response please?
What do you mean?
Wait for a reply of one of the forum mods?

Merged1:
Best to repair yourself if you can.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn MI 2 met Tapatalk
I know...
I already rapaired a mi2, but that was mine.
I diden't want to break the seals of.my sister's phone and mess up something... but then they did it indeed!

Merged2:
And then it is supposed that they sent the phone to xiaomi (they confirmed me that) offical support... this is what we should expect for an official support???

Last edited by a moderator:
What do you mean?
Wait for a reply of one of the forum mods?
I think he waits for a reply from a forum staff member.

Anyway I have to say @mblowt that this is a very sad story.
Because of the distance it's even harder to figure this out properly.

I wonder how ibuygou is handeling phone damages in general.
As of your story it almost seems they repair it themselves.
You would've think they send it to Xiaomi because if that's the case it can take long and then they have to inform where it is etc. "checking" as you mention it.
But then you would expect a proper phone in return, and that's not the case.

This forum (as far as I know) recommends ibuygou because of good quality products (original) and services.
I have to admit I read more and more problems every day.
And ibuygou made a big mistake with the pre-orders of the Mi3 WCDMA version, but that's my opinion.

What I want to say is that we are not affiliated with them, we can't solve these issues either (and that doesn't mean we don't want to).
I know @MarkHUK has some contact with the people at ibuygou so maybe he can help, but he's very busy at the moment.

Reactions: mblowt
Yes, sorry it wasn't clear! I don't expect the forum mods to wave a magic wand especially from this far away but I think the forum could maybe meanwhile distance itself from singing the praises of ibuygou.... Until at least they reply or sort this out

İ have same problems since 6 month, i thik they are waiting for your repair perios finished

ZTE-BLADE cihazımdan Tapatalk 2 ile gönderildi

I know you can't deal with this issue but I thank you @redmaner for your support... I really hope to put an endpoint asap.
My story is more that incredible, even if they repaired my phone by themselves (even though they told me it was xiaomi support), the would have to check it accurately before sending it back!
At the end of the day I paid almost 100€ (and waited 2 months) for getting back a broken phone...
But what make me angrier is they have never been clear with me and never replied to my emails with non-set phrases.

İ have same problems since 6 month, i thik they are waiting for your repair perios finished

which problem you have? They have your phone now?
I dont want to think they are waiting warranty to expire....this would be very heavy!

which problem you have? They have your phone now?
I dont want to think they are waiting warranty to expire....this would be very heavy!
Yes, my phone is there. İ will open wide topic witm mails from them at the end of the month if they dont solve

I am afraid you're right mate and they are gonna wait until the warranty expire! You can notice that ibuygou has changed its conditions for warranty (now just 4 months including shipping)...
This is the worst of worst... I have stopped hoping to see again my dear phone

I'm very disappointed about the way ibuygou treated you. My experience with them is very good, but I never had to return an item to them. Perhaps I could have the same awful treatment.
I wish you all the best and I hope they can sort it out for you, perhaps with a new/refurbished Mi2s.

Sent from my Xiaomi mi2 with Tapatalk. This is why my message could contain spelling mistakes.

Reactions: Michachu
My phone finally arrived on Friday.

This time they have replaced the whole panel, using the ORIGINAL replacement, that is totally different from the previous one.
I have been testing it the whole weekend, and fortunately everything seems ok.

They haven't refunded me of shipping costs, asking to send one xiaomi pistons and one rubber case as gift. I accepted.
To be honest, after 5 months and after getting a phone totally damaged, I would have preferred to get some gifts aside the remboursement.

They sent me an email, apologizing for the trouble caused, and saying "We have had a meeting to discuss your case specially and got some important decisions on repair procedure. We will try to improve the repair quality and insure the repair aging."

Edit: Ibuygou support contacted me again (Yoyo, who is the only person that replied clearly to me):

They decided to refund me of all the shipping costs, saying that "This is really a lesson for ibuygou. We promise we will improve the customer service in future".

At the end of the day, I must say I have been very satisfied and my phone works well now.

I really hope they WILL improve their support, so as so to correctly manage all the warranty requests.

PS @tivac, keep on hold!

Last edited:
Finally things are over for you and you have a working phone back .... congratulations :) , I just hope the pistons you chose in way of compensation were real and not fake ones :p
They sell the original, I bought the pistons and they are great, it's a shame they were stolen and I had to order new once.

Sent from my MI 2S using Tapatalk

EDIT: deleted post as it was irrelevant to this thread and accidentally posted.

Last edited: