After installing Xiaomi.eu ROM phone stuck on Checking for updates in setups...

SirMandarin

Members
Jan 25, 2019
Hello,

After installing the ROM and Magisk (10.2 stable) on my Xiaomi Mi Mix 3 I rebooted the system as prompted and entered the setup screen for new phones. It required me to log in to the Mi account that is associated with the phone, which I did and all the other options like language were presented.

After going through all of that the phone then moved to the screen that says Checking for Updates and it is taking forever. Do I just have to wait or is this a bug? I am also in China right now so it might be able to "check" and "download" it due to internet restrictions.

I can still access TWRP recovery if that helps, but not too sure if there is a way to skip the set-up from there. Not too sure what is going on, did I maybe do something wrong with the installation?

Thanks for any help

I just had the same problem. If I'm right it is trying to check update on some Google servers, which are blocked in China. I solved the problem by connecting to a hotspot or WIFI that pass through a VPN.

Reactions: SirMandarin
Yea after trying somethings I thought that that could be probably the only issue, unless I screwed up the installation. After leaving China and coming back to NZ it went through no problem. Thanks for the reply.