New After Update to MIUI 11.0.3 stable I don't get notifications on my Samsung Gear Watch

Tengushi

Members
Mar 5, 2020
Hello,
I updated last weekend my Mi8 to MIUI 11.0.3 stable. Since then I don't get notifications on my Samsung Gear Watch anymore.

I made a factory reset and installed my watch anew.
I gave all rights for notifications: for Galaxy Watch Plugin and Galays Wearable

Thank you for your help!

Greetings
Mike

Reactions: Lyliria
Hello,
Try to disable "Notification access" (search that in settings search bar) for the app which control your watch then re-enable it.
If it works, you will need to do that after each reboot.
It will be fixed in next release.
:)

Reactions: Lyliria
Push is a placeholder to rank the thread on top. So people can see this issue too even it is older. Maybe I'm not the only one with the oser user who have this issue. For me it's an major problem.
Thank you!
For me it's a major problem too, because my smart watch is mostly useless...

Really strange!

Hello,
I installed the Version 11.0.4 now... - And it didn't changed anything... :eek:(
If I disable and enable "notification access" I sometimes manage to get it going for some time (max 1-2h), but afterwards it stops again and I don't get any notifications again!
It still seems, that the connection is not stable (is the plugin stopped in the background?)
There are "no restrictions" at the power save mode for the app. I want a working solution!
Thank you

The usual way to go for this for me (that works for mifit amazfit and fitbit) is:
Notification access - obviously on
Battery saver for the app - no restrictions
Lock the app in the recents view and don't swipe the app away manually.

As i said, this works for mi fit, amazfit, notify for amazfit and fitbit apps, if samsung is doing something different with the app and the above things don't work ( all are needed) might not be from the rom itself but the app or app combination you are using.

Reactions: Tengushi
The usual way to go for this for me (that works for mifit amazfit and fitbit) is:
Notification access - obviously on
Battery saver for the app - no restrictions
Lock the app in the recents view and don't swipe the app away manually.

As i said, this works for mi fit, amazfit, notify for amazfit and fitbit apps, if samsung is doing something different with the app and the above things don't work ( all are needed) might not be from the rom itself but the app or app combination you are using.
Thank you Devilish_!
With this workaround it works!

But they should finally fix this... I am quite disapointed about that.

Thank you Devilish_!
With this workaround it works!

But they should finally fix this... I am quite disapointed about that.
There is nothing to fix, this is how MIUI does things. This happens on official roms too.
Considering the aggressive power management in MIUI and lately the aggressive permission management, the only fix is to use an aosp rom.
Either way it's not a bug related to xiaomi.eu

As I wrote: It worked perfect before the "MIUI 11.0.3 stable" version
So, they have to fix it, because it worked before :)

but thank you for your time and help!