Android 11 and xiaomi.eu ROM

abhi281

Members
Dec 22, 2016
Hello,

Only 1 more day left before end of my waiting period (7 days) to unlock bootloader. I am using Redmi K30 5G.
I have found some people saying that their devices facing bootloop while flashing latest Android 11 based xiaomi.eu ROM despite of following official flashing guide.
So should I flash latest xiaomi.eu stable ROM for my phone (which is running on Android 11) or try to flash older ROM (with Android 10)? Did anybody flash latest ROM with Android 11 in this device?

I don't want to mess-up while flashing and ended up with bricked or bootloop device.
Any suggestion/help will be most welcome.

As per my understanding after reading official guide, required steps are:

1) Boot from TWRP
2) Wipe Cache, Dalvik/ART cache, Data, Internal Storage (but not System or Persist)
3) Copy ROM to internal storage
4) Install ROM zip file
5) Reboot device (it may take some time for first boot)

Am I correct?

Hello,

Only 1 more day left before end of my waiting period (7 days) to unlock bootloader. I am using Redmi K30 5G.
I have found some people saying that their devices facing bootloop while flashing latest Android 11 based xiaomi.eu ROM despite of following official flashing guide.
So should I flash latest xiaomi.eu stable ROM for my phone (which is running on Android 11) or try to flash older ROM (with Android 10)? Did anybody flash latest ROM with Android 11 in this device?

I don't want to mess-up while flashing and ended up with bricked or bootloop device.
Any suggestion/help will be most welcome.

As per my understanding after reading official guide, required steps are:

Am I correct?
Quite correct.
In step 2 do this instead
Boot to twrp
Click "wipe"
Click "format data"
Type "yes" and hit enter

Then reboot to twrp and copy ROM zip to your device and flash

Reactions: abhi281
@geoorg
Thank you.
So any suggestion regarding which ROM to try? latest Android 11 or older one with Android 10? Which one is safer for first time flashing.

And "format data" will wipe internal storage and other cache too?

Hi,
I have the k30 pro and personaly, I've switchwd back to android 10.
A lot more stable, fluid and also because is Ok Google os not working on MIUI 12 with android 11

Enviado do meu POCO F2 Pro através do Tapatalk

So any other major issue except OK google?
Some random forced closed apps, a little bit more ir battery consumption but for me the worst was battery saver was killing Google Maps after heavy usage.

First 45 min was OK, but after that every 10min ir closed the APP. And yes, I had the battery optimization off, etc

Enviado do meu POCO F2 Pro através do Tapatalk

The OP is using a redmi K30 5G not a poco f2 pro.
I'm using a k30 also and no lags or issues whatsoever.

Im using on my Redmi K30 5G the MIUI 12 with Android 11. I have a lot of bugs and issues. Its the Version of this ROM or may some bugs from updating to higher Android Version ?

Quite correct.
In step 2 do this instead
Boot to twrp
Click "wipe"
Click "format data"
Type "yes" and hit enter

Then reboot to twrp and copy ROM zip to your device and flash
Could you help me how i solve my issues ? I have an high Battery drain in idle and usage. Crashs and miui services are sometimes crashing or system dont react for like 15 seconds.

Could you help me how i solve my issues ? I have an high Battery drain in idle and usage. Crashs and miui services are sometimes crashing or system dont react for like 15 seconds.
Did you do a clean install or an upgrade from previous version?

Yes, but not really my favourite especially since android 11 roms are still new.
I personally prefer the android 10 roms
So should I stick to older 10 ROM (miui 12.0.7) for now and switch to 11 when miui 13 comes out? This phone is my daily driver, so will be in trouble if system crash or anything like that keep happening in random.

So should I stick to older 10 ROM (miui 12.0.7) for now and switch to 11 when miui 13 comes out? This phone is my daily driver, so will be in trouble if system crash or anything like that keep happening in random.
Yea, stick to the android 10

Reactions: abhi281
It was an update via the updater. An update from previous version.
Did your clear cache, dalvik and delete the contents of data/system/package_cache
From twrp?

Usually makes a lot of difference

Last edited:
Did your clear cache, dalvik and delete the contents of data/system/package_cache
From twrp?

Usually makes a lot of difference
Before i flashed MIUI 12 Android 11 i reflashed my ROM using clearing cache and davlink safe. If i cleared data/system/package_cache too idk. Im not sure in this aspekt.

What would be the best way to get a MIUI Version without or less issues.

Before i flashed MIUI 12 Android 11 i reflashed my ROM using clearing cache and davlink safe. If i cleared data/system/package_cache too idk. Im not sure in this aspekt.

What would be the best way to get a MIUI Version without or less issues.
Try to do those 3 things i mentioned.
You don't need to reflash.