Android 8.1

tymoniasty

Members
Nov 21, 2017
Hi guys,

Do you know is MIUI for Note3 is going to be updated to OREO?

If yes which version of MIUI will it be? Currently Android 7 is MIUI 9 so will Android 8 be MIUI 10?

Im not hurry...
All i see is errors and problems...
I wish there was a Marshmallow version....

Just stop relating base Android version with MIUI. Consider both are totally separated and care only about MIUI, that's just how MIUI works from the start.

As far as I see it miui suffers from too many bugs and lucking features. Xiaomi and their miui os just cannot cope with the new features google releases. I believe they should just ditch their miui project and just use android aosp and be done with it. This way new features and fixes will be instantaneous to all of their customers and everyone is happy.

As far as I see it miui suffers from too many bugs and lucking features. Xiaomi and their miui os just cannot cope with the new features google releases. I believe they should just ditch their miui project and just use android aosp and be done with it. This way new features and fixes will be instantaneous to all of their customers and everyone is happy.
MIUI is what Xiaomi was born as, they will never ditch it. Even more a reason when google is blocked in their home country so they need to replicate most of the services with local apps. Project treble should be able to save, but it needs time.

P.S.:
I don't get many bugs, perhaps just some camera regressions, but crashes are very rare (except for apps from play store, the app developers are to blame, not the OS developers). AOSP itself is not bug free either, so switching to it won't be a proper solution.

Even so i would prefer a pure Android experience.....
Unfortunately Xiaomi doesn't release their base firmware. Sometimes it leaks, but gone with the wind in a blink of an eye as well. That's why even custom ROM ports take the MIUI firmware as base.

Even so i would prefer a pure Android experience.....

there are thousands of models out there to choose from - go ahead and get yourself a device with pure Android. No-one will hold you back.
But PLEASE leave MIUI alone.