New Android Auto Wireless connection not working anymore since the update to 14.0.23.4.17

Lev12

Members
Nov 28, 2021
Hi there!

The android auto wireless connection to my car doesn't work anymore since updating to the 04.17 Beta. On 14.0.23.3.13 it still worked. The wired connection still works normally.

My phone detects the car and the car detects the phone too. I even get the notification on my phone that android auto is connected and to use it I should look at the car screen. But it never starts on my car. My car tries to connect but after a minute my car shows a connection failed message.

Things I tried:
-reset android auto
-use older android Auto Version
-reset Google Play services
-reboot the phone
-try it on the car on different days, so the car OS I'd fully reset

The car didn't get any updates. I tried the last 3 android auto updates. So it has to be the Xiaomi.eu update to the newest beta.

Hope this gets fixed fast.

Regards

Edit: somehow it now works again. The connection takes a bit more time since the update but if I just get in the car and don't press connect on my car screen, my phone will connect after some time automatically.

Last edited:
Reactions: DoReXiaoMi
Hey,

Wanted to jump on your bandwagan, but I'm not on a beta. I have a Mi 11. Got a new Audi e-tron GT, can connect via USB cable. But refuses to work wirelessly (cleared AA cache, unpaired, rebooted etc).

Car is paired via BT fine, audio comes through, calls come through. Android Auto even appears in available devices, but when I click it, it times out (BT connection could not be established - which is weird given it's already successfully paired with BT to receive calls and audio - I have WiFi enabled too).

I plug in the USB cable and AA comes up and works fine. I've confirmed the e-tron GT supports Wireless AA with Audi.

I'm at the point of just binning the phone and getting another brand if I can guarantee a different brand will work (obvs don't want to buy a new Samsung if it had similar problems). There seems to be many AA issues on the forum, is it a Xiaomi problem or an Android problem?

MIUI

Android Auto
9.4.631624-release

I found out that Android Auto only works if you do not touch the phone and leave it locked. The phone has to be locked for like a minute for Android Auto Wireless to work. As soon as you unlock your phone, android auto will crash! The start of Android Auto takes a lot of time too. Same problem is on the newest beta.

I will probably buy a new iphone in september. I don't have the time to tinker with phones anymore. It just needs to work. There are just too many problems.

Reactions: digitalw
I found out that Android Auto only works if you do not touch the phone and leave it locked. The phone has to be locked for like a minute for Android Auto Wireless to work. As soon as you unlock your phone, android auto will crash! The start of Android Auto takes a lot of time too. Same problem is on the newest beta.

I will probably buy a new iphone in september. I don't have the time to tinker with phones anymore. It just needs to work. There are just too many problems.

At least yours actually work.....it doesn't work at all for me lol