Android Auto

nonoperez

Members
Jul 29, 2018
Does Android Auto works for you? My phone connects and start working but after a few moments black screen and disconnect. I have given all permissions to app and permit it being open without restrictions in battery settings.

I'm talking about working in my car (VW Touran), in the phone works fine.

Works fine here, I use Android Auto a lot. Good quality USB3 cable needed to work without issues
Does Android Auto works for you? My phone connects and start working but after a few moments black screen and disconnect. I have given all permissions to app and permit it being open without restrictions in battery settings.

Sent from my MIX 2S using Tapatalk

Reactions: nonoperez
Are (Whatsapp) Notifications also working? Everything else was working last time i checked except notifications. Just got these for normal text messages and nothing else

Android Auto working good here with stable rom 10.0.3.0 and Audi A4.

I'm experiencing problems after the upgrade. Maps doesn't work (it opens, starts blinking and then closes), the only way to use Maps is searching for a place before connecting the phone and then connect and select the destination in the home screen. No whatsapp notifications too. Just to know, I'm coming from a clean install.

I'm experiencing problems after the upgrade. Maps doesn't work (it opens, starts blinking and then closes), the only way to use Maps is searching for a place before connecting the phone and then connect and select the destination in the home screen. No whatsapp notifications too. Just to know, I'm coming from a clean install.
What do you mean by "after the upgrade"? What is your current rom version?
I am running stable 10.0.3.0 and I never got issues with Maps or notifications (of course, giving the proper permissions to the apps).

What do you mean by "after the upgrade"? What is your current rom version?
I am running stable 10.0.3.0 and I never got issues with Maps or notifications (of course, giving the proper permissions to the apps).
I'm running the weekly one, 8.9.20. I said "upgrade" because of the upgrade to Android 9.

It seems is working in the new weekly release. I didn't speriment it that much but It seems that also WhatsApp notification works better

Ever since upgrading to Android 9 i have a problem that Waze doesnt get GPS updates in Android Auto. I tried changing the battery saving options as it was in Android 8 but that doesnt seem to help. Google Maps have GPS working fine. Have anyone else seen this ?

Ever since upgrading to Android 9 i have a problem that Waze doesnt get GPS updates in Android Auto. I tried changing the battery saving options as it was in Android 8 but that doesnt seem to help. Google Maps have GPS working fine. Have anyone else seen this ?
It happened to me with my old mi max. Now I'm in latest stable and it works in my mi mix 2s. VW touran 2018

I am experiencinng this issue on 10.0.3.0 global stable (Android 9) and I found a workaround on forums for Android 9 generic.
Waze updates GPS fine in Android Auto connected to a car ONLY after I start an itinerary in Google Maps and then I switch to Waze.

I am experiencinng this issue on 10.0.3.0 global stable (Android 9) and I found a workaround on forums for Android 9 generic.
Waze updates GPS fine in Android Auto connected to a car ONLY after I start an itinerary in Google Maps and then I switch to Waze.
yeah im using the same workaround... i hope it gets fixed at some point :)

Same here navigation with Waze doesn't work with Android Auto

Btw it seems this got fixed in 8.10.25. At least last 2 days Waze just worked without any workarounds !

No, no any change regarding this...
Btw it seems this got fixed in 8.10.25. At least last 2 days Waze just worked without any workarounds !

No, no any change regarding this...

Well all i can say is that i have the issue no more since i upgraded to 8.10.25 :) Might as well be some setting i changed but at least all works fine :)

Well all i can say is that i have the issue no more since i upgraded to 8.10.25 :) Might as well be some setting i changed but at least all works fine :)
What settings did you change?

What settings did you change?

Hard to say :( I was messing with notifications, battery saving, location etc. Im happy things work now but im afraid to touch anything if its not the ROM that fixed it.