Answered: How'd I Know There's An Update (miui 8.xx Stable)

Badrsj

Members
Feb 9, 2013
Dear fellow Miui'ers
I am running the stable version - I understand it gets "monthly updates" (not sure though)

So here's the question - the phone "does not update OTA" i.e. even if you check and there is an update it does not say yes there's an update and we'll download that.

So is there an app that tracks this - how do we know if there's an updated version available - because the download links do not indicate "version"

Thanks
Go MIUI

Reactions: sankoe79
For me, Ill check the download link on androidfilehost once a month to check for new stable releases.
But I would also appreciate a little tool to announce any new version very much

Reactions: Badrsj
Same here.

The EU-global stable Rom for MI5s is great and I really (!) love it. But I'm confused about the "monthly" update:

How do I know, if the stable Rom-"version" on androidfilehosts is a different one (newer one) then I have allready installed on my phone? Is there a specific date every month when the mods upload the monthly update?

I recognised, that on androidfilehosts are many files dated from august or september. Does that mean they're old?

Please give me an advice.

Greets

Tobi

Hehe, ok, I see. You're right, of course. But this is not the answer I was looking for. :p

Small case study ;-) :
I'm currently using the stable version 8.0.10.0 for my Mi5s. I'm interested in the monthly updates. What's the number of the next monthly update for my stable Rom-version? Is it still 8.0.10.0 or 8.0.10.1. or as you mentioned 8.0.11.0? I think the number should still be 8.0.10.0 and that's exactly my problem. How do I know if they rolled out a new monthly update?

greets

tobi

Just check it or the best way is to create a thread.

Gesendet von meinem ONEPLUS A3003 mit Tapatalk

I think a better question is why the updater doesn't indicate. That's it's JOB

Sent from my MI MAX using Tapatalk

Don't be cheeky
That's what an updater does, tells you there's an update.
This one doesn't

Sent from my MI MAX using Tapatalk

Some facts about OTA delay:
  • OTA packages are always same as posted here, so FULL ROM (400-1000MB)
  • Installation via OTA is same as you do, so Updater - Menu - Select installation zip
  • OTA is uploading into Xiaomi china servers which are very slow for download and upload (usually 30-40kb/s for uploading over 10GB) so I have to upload them always at night one by one and I dont have time for doing that every week for 30 devices... Unfortunately OTA account is binded to my Xiaomi account so nobody else can do that instead of me...
  • So we decided to STOP OTA support at all.. you have to download ROM manually and install via Updater - menu (...) - Select installation package - reboot (You will not loose your data)

Here you go. This is the first post, when you go to download rom.

So we decided to STOP OTA support at all.. you have to download ROM manually and install via Updater - menu (...) - Select installation package - reboot (You will not loose your data)

I have a technical question on that.
Is the updater app touchable or its kinda "hardcoded" by xioami?
If touchable could we not just simply relocate the OTA server to androidfilehost or something similar outside china?
Or even just tell the updater up to not DL any files on server, but do a quick version checking and pop a message for the user?

ps.: just downloading 8.1.3.0 for my Mi5, thank you for updating! :)

Reactions: MIchele Arienzale