Any disadvantages installing Magisk?

Jul 12, 2021
Tonight is the big night, waited 7 days and 7 nights to unlock bootloader.

Coming from a galaxy S8+ running Magisk, are there any disadvantages to have Magisk and root enabled on the Mi?

Tonight is the big night, waited 7 days and 7 nights to unlock bootloader.

Coming from a galaxy S8+ running Magisk, are there any disadvantages to have Magisk and root enabled on the Mi?
You answer yourself when asking this way:
-are there any advantages to have Magisk and root enabled on the Mi?

Depends on why you are using root and Magisk now? Can you use the mi without it?, If you can, don't root.
For the moment I am using Magisk for AdAway and Titanium Backup (and Youtube Vanced - but that can be used rootless). Are there ant other way to use adblocking without root? TiB needs root, nut maybe I can skip TiB...

For the moment I am using Magisk for AdAway and Titanium Backup (and Youtube Vanced - but that can be used rootless). Are there ant other way to use adblocking without root? TiB needs root, nut maybe I can skip TiB...
Other way?
yes: private DNS to dns.adguard.com

Yes, I use that too. Sometimes it slooows things down a bit but easy to turn off and on. I also use Brave as my browser, it stops ads too ( based on Chrome browser).
For back up, you can use twrp for full partition back up. I do use Xiaomi back up ( I do have extra Xiaomi storage). When I have formatted data, I can restore everything even internal storage from it.

Give it a go and see before you root. It can be so hard to hide root from banking and DRM reliance apps. I gave up when I couldn't hide sky go from root.

Reactions: lurkingintheforest
Yes, I use that too. Sometimes it slooows things down a bit but easy to turn off and on. I also use Brave as my browser, it stops ads too ( based on Chrome browser).
For back up, you can use twrp for full partition back up. I do use Xiaomi back up ( I do have extra Xiaomi storage). When I have formatted data, I can restore everything even internal storage from it.

Give it a go and see before you root. It can be so hard to hide root from banking and DRM reliance apps. I gave up when I couldn't hide sky go from root.
Good idea. I'll try before rooting! At home I'm using AdGuard running on my rpi4b as a custom dns server so no ads when connected to home WiFi:cool: .I'll definitively try Brave!

Reactions: Mark F