Any Eta For Nougat 7.0 For Mi 5s Plus?

klausita

Members
Mar 15, 2017
I am on original 8.04 global stable Rom.

Locked bootloader, not sure if I will to unlock it (I received confirmation that I can unlock it)

Is the most recent xiaomi.eu ROm waay better then original 8.0 stable?

How long you think it takes to get a xiaomi.eu nouhgat 7.0?

Xiaomi.EU will get noughat after en.miui.com "officially" release it. Now here is a tricky part, Xiaomi hasn't even released Marshmallow for their year old devices yet! They also do not even release source codes (which is open source btw) for many of their devices.
But I'm sure our device will get 7.0 officially till the end of next year.

Nougat in mi5 Just arrived in stabile, mi5s Will follow soon

Inviato dal mio MI PAD 2 utilizzando Tapatalk

Yea... xiaomi is taking their sweet time conforming to GPL code. It's gotten some users quite worked up. Perpahs they will update to 7.1 when mi6 comes out... (or I will just sell this phone...)

The Big brands have only just started to get nougat, so why all the fuss and why would you sell a phone that would be less than year because of that?

I assume Xiaomi are working on MIUI 9 for the Mi6 so once that's out then Mi5s will follow suit at some point not too long after (hopefully).
Mi5 has Nougat but with MIUI 8 over it so it's the same.
Marshmallow and Nougat is hardly different at all anyway so I don't understand what all the fuss is about.

[QUOTE="Redfoot, post: 359732, member: 173074"Mi5 has Nougat but with MIUI 8 over it so it's the same.[/QUOTE]If you think OS==GUI, well..ok...

[QUOTE="Redfoot, post: 359732, member: 173074"Mi5 has Nougat but with MIUI 8 over it so it's the same.
If you think OS==GUI, well..ok...[/QUOTE]
Please tell me the advantages of miui 8 with Nougat over miui 8 with Marshmallow, maybe I'm missing something!

If you think OS==GUI, well..ok...
Please tell me the advantages of miui 8 with Nougat over miui 8 with Marshmallow, maybe I'm missing something!

Nougat provides better compile efficiency(for example AOT), better battery life, better memory management...etc....and much much more that is not visible on the surface

Yes, I don't know how they are going to implement it.
Anyway nougat has PGO; and more optimized and efficient binaries could result in improved battery life.
It also has improved kernel security, improved MediaServer security, Vulkan API, ...

Yeah mi5s is device with very low support. Only one global rom for now, and still dont have 8.2 global for it. The poorest support that i have even seen. To be iron larger, mi5/5 was their flagship device that they present. More then 400$ device and last get support. Poor Xiaomi.