Any known issue with TWRP?

Animor

Members
Apr 21, 2013
Hello,

I prefer using TWRP over CWM. I find it better in all aspects (easy installation, GUI, options, etc.).
Is there any known issue with TWRP and mi2s?

I'm asking since I see that all references to custom recovery mention CWM and not TWRP.

Thanks!

Reactions: xeGox
goomanager seems to be compatible with the mi2.

Did someone try it? is there a reason why I shouldn't use TWRP with mi2s?

Unfortunately, TWRP is not compatible with mi2.
You can install goomanager, but you can't flash the recovery with it, since there is no TWRP version for mi2.

The reason is because I would have to port all the dualboot features over to TWRP and it's not worth the work in my opinion.
I decided to use CWM instead of TWRP because I like it much more. It's just personal opinion but at the end it's just a installer and u won't see it that often :p

Maybe in future when kernel and CM10.1 are opensource both and I have some free time.

ok, thanks for the info.
I thought that perhaps TWRP would work out of the box.

btw, CWM is so outdated in comparison to TWRP... I really can't see even one advantage that CWM has over TWRP.
Aren't you tired of pressing vol up/down to navigate? TWRP works with touch! no more hard pressing those tiny annoying buttons.
Honetsly, it's in a league of its own.

And if you have sentiments for CWM, you should check Philz. It's based on CWM but with touch as well, and modern look.

U can navigate with menu/home buttons :) U just need power button to apply.
Nothing against Philz or the creators of TWRP but design is very important to me and in my opinion they do look very ugly.
CWM is simple and looks well designed(a little bit metro style LOL )

Just my personal opinion

I also prefer cwm over twrp. So I'm perfectly fine with the way it is right now.

Gesendet von meinem MI 2 mit Tapatalk 4 Beta

Well, I see that I'm not going to convince you that TWRP is better I guess... :)

I will just mention few major advantages of TWRP over CWM, from my experience after using both on my Galaxy S3:

1. Ease of use using touch instead of going 10 lines up/down with the keys...
2. The ability to bakup EFS directory. This is the directory that contains your IMEI. You don't want to lose that, trust me.
3. The ability to flash several zips one after the other. You can add them to a queue and they will be flashed automatically.
4. Wipe is very easy to do. No need to search for "wipe dalvik" in one menu and then "wipe cache" in another menu, like in CWM. You just go into wipe menu and mark V on each element/partition you want to wipe. They will all be wiped together.
5. Very easy to use file explorer. You can explore/copy/move/delete files (with touch).
6. GUI and menus access is more user-friendly in my opinion.

Anyway, since there is not support of TWRP for mi2, it doesn't really matter...

Reactions: siropchik
Well, I see that I'm not going to convince you that TWRP is better I guess... :)
I will just mention few major advantages of TWRP over CWM, from my experience after using both on my Galaxy S3:
I support you. I think TWRP better than CWM. And I do not wish kill my volume buttons and press 10 times to accept.
The reason is because I would have to port all the dualboot features over to TWRP and it's not worth the work in my opinion.
I decided to use CWM instead of TWRP because I like it much more. It's just personal opinion but at the end it's just a installer and u won't see it that often :p

Maybe in future when kernel and CM10.1 are opensource both and I have some free time.
I heard that there is a touch version of CWM. How do you like this idea? I've been in touch with the creator of TWRP, where he said that support dual system already exists.
I can see how red rice users have TWRP (or any touch recovery) and I am sad:(

Thank you, it works perfect!

I preffer TWRP a lot more than CWM.

If some one need themes here are a few...

preview1.gif

original thread

download

Also you can use google to find more of course XD

Last edited:
Lol I could have published twrp without dualboot and tdb like 1 year ago but its useless this way

Sent from my MI 2 using Tapatalk
So you wanna give a version with tdb enabled? XD

Inviato dal mio MI 2 utilizzando Tapatalk

Lol I could have published twrp without dualboot and tdb like 1 year ago but its useless this way

Sent from my MI 2 using Tapatalk
TWRP is awesome but until it doesn't have a tdb feature I ain't using it.