Any way to get the stock navbar on PocoF1 instead of the global one?

Lizuax

Members
Oct 30, 2019
Hi, since the MIUI11 update came for the PocoF1 I switched to it yesterday, I was previously on a unofficial Mi8 port, and I noticed how the navbar from it was so much better than the one we get on Poco, so I did a few research and it seems like it's actually the stock one from the China rom (So also all EU rom except for the PocoF1 one).
I'd like to know if there's any way known to switch to this one? Or even better, maybe the devs can directly apply it on the rom or provide a patch? I mean, it's part of all the other devices roms so...

For those who doesn't get what I'm talking about, here's the current navbar on PocoF1 MIUI EU Rom:

And here is the navbar for every other devices MIUI EU Rom:

Attachments

• Screenshot_2019-10-28-20-37-53-002_org.mozilla.firefox~2.jpg
    Screenshot_2019-10-28-20-37-53-002_org.mozilla.firefox~2.jpg
    2.9 KB · Views: 905
I'd like to know if there's any way known to switch to this one? Or even better, maybe the devs can directly apply it on the rom or provide a patch?
Directly applying it into our ROMs because a single user wants something changed is not how we do things. There will be a bunch of outraged user who already got used to the Global nav bar (this nav bar existed on Global ROMs even before MIUI 11). Also, the Home button has certain effects when long-pressed for Google Assistant, something that's not going to play well if the buttons are replaced.

I mean, it's part of all the other devices roms so...
Doesn't matter that it's part of all the other ROMs, the POCO is a Global-only device, so it has whatever the Global ROMs offer. Redmi Note 6 Pro is another device with such nav bar.

Directly applying it into our ROMs because a single user wants something changed is not how we do things. There will be a bunch of outraged user who already got used to the Global nav bar (this nav bar existed on Global ROMs even before MIUI 11).

Yeah you're right, it was kind of inappropriate for me to ask that, I apologize. Though providing the option of switching between both (with the global one as default) or a flashable zip to change would be nice I think and won't bother anyone. Also I know it was present even from before MIUI 11, I just wasn't aware until I went to the unofficial port of the Mi8.

Also, the Home button has certain effects when long-pressed for Google Assistant, something that's not going to play well if the buttons are replaced.
I meant replacing only the appearance of the buttons, not the fonctions, or is it not possible at all to do that without messing everything up?

Though providing the option of switching between both (with the global one as default)...
Not possible. That would require massive amount of modification (unsafe and a waste of time), constant maintenance (nobody has time for that) and will break any theme support for the nav bar.

...or a flashable zip to change would be nice I think and won't bother anyone.
Same as above, we don't have time to do per-request personal customization. We have bills to pay.

I meant replacing only the appearance of the buttons, not the fonctions, or is it not possible at all to do that without messing everything up?
When I said effects, I meant animation, which is part of how the button looks. It will look totally broken.

Not possible. That would require massive amount of modification (unsafe and a waste of time), constant maintenance (nobody has time for that) and will break any theme support for the nav bar.

Same as above, we don't have time to do per-request personal customization. We have bills to pay.

When I said effects, I meant animation, which is part of how the button looks. It will look totally broken.
Alright I understand, thanks for the quick answers.