AOD notification app list

gianprior

Members
May 31, 2016
Hi
it is possible to have the list of apps notification included on AOD for xiaomi.eu rom device MI9SE ?
Thanks

Igor Eisberg

Developer
Staff member
Oct 6, 2016
Official MIUI:
com.android.calendar
com.android.email
com.android.mms
com.android.server.telecom
com.facebook.orca
com.google.android.calendar
com.google.android.gm
com.tencent.mm
com.tencent.mobileqq
com.whatsapp
jp.naver.line.android

Added by Xiaomi.EU:
ch.threema.app
ch.threema.app.work
com.blackberry.hub
com.calea.echo
com.discord
com.facebook.mlite
com.fsck.k9
com.google.android.apps.messaging
com.google.android.apps.tasks
com.google.android.talk
com.instagram.android
com.jb.gosms
com.kakao.talk
com.microsoft.office.outlook
com.my.mail
com.quoord.tapatalkHD
com.quoord.tapatalkpro.activity
com.skype.insiders
com.skype.m2
com.skype.raider
com.snapchat.android
com.textra
com.twitter.android
com.twitter.android.lite
com.viber.voip
com.vkontakte.android
com.whatsapp.w4b
com.yahoo.mobile.client.android.mail
de.web.mobile.android.mail
org.kman.AquaMail
org.telegram.messenger
org.telegram.plus
org.thoughtcrime.securesms
org.thunderdog.challegram

Last edited:

Pengus

Members
Feb 17, 2012
Hi.
would be awesome if you could add support for com.google.android.apps.tasks. It's a tasks app and really deserves some notifications love :)

Pengus

Members
Feb 17, 2012
Added both Kakao Talk and Google Tasks for the upcoming release.
Wow that was fast! Now, is it a known bug that when a notification disappears from the phone (for example an email is read from a computer) the icon is stuck on the AoD? Same happens when using WhatsApp and WhatsApp Web. I get a notification and reply from the web, the notification goes away from android but is still visible on the AoD. If it's a bug I'll tell Xiaomi, just let me know :)

Igor Eisberg

Developer
Staff member
Oct 6, 2016
Wow that was fast! Now, is it a known bug that when a notification disappears from the phone (for example an email is read from a computer) the icon is stuck on the AoD? Same happens when using WhatsApp and WhatsApp Web. I get a notification and reply from the web, the notification goes away from android but is still visible on the AoD. If it's a bug I'll tell Xiaomi, just let me know :)
Can't tell you if it's a bug or not, I'm not a Xiaomi employee. I also don't have any AOD-enabled device to try it myself.

Devilish_

Members
May 17, 2019
Did not know you were able to add anything beyond the official miui included ones. In this case is it possible to add
org.thoughtcrime.securesms - Signal

Reactions: Stoffl

merrilloverturf

Members
May 27, 2019
Hi,
would it be possible to add Threema, Textra and AquaMail to the list.

Thank you very much and keep up the good work!

Best regards

Mysterio33

Members
Nov 26, 2011
Wow nice, you can add new Apps that quickly? Didn't know that. I think, you've started something big! :D
Would be awesome, if you can add (some of) the following Apps as well:
de.web.mobile.android.mail (very popular german E-Mail-Service) (is added now, THANKS <3 )
ch.threema.app (WhatsApp/Signal Alternative)
(is added now, THANKS <3 )
com.tippingcanoe.mydealz (Portal for good Deals)
com.paypal.android.p2pmobile (I think everyone knows what PayPal is)
com.ebay.mobile (I think everyone knows what eBay is)
com.ebay.kleinanzeigen (like the big eBay, but local)
de.ingdiba.bankingapp (ultra popular German Bank)

Last edited:

Mysterio33

Members
Nov 26, 2011
Okay, sorry. Thought it would be easy and quick to do. If we (users) can provide those icons, it should be help, isn't it? Do you have an Icon-Example, how the should be? Resolution, Format etc?

Meister_Knobi

Members
May 30, 2019
I am really confused with this toppic. Why its not possible to show all icons that apear on the notificationbar on the AOD, and perhaps use the "show on lockscreen" permission or even create an "show on aod" persmission... its just frustrating. Specialy without LED. Before my Mi9SE i had an OP3T with RGB LED and it was fine without AOD. But now without LED and no properly working AOD its really really sad...

Reactions: Pumpino

Igor Eisberg

Developer
Staff member
Oct 6, 2016
Why its not possible to show all icons that apear on the notificationbar on the AOD
Ask Xiaomi. That's how they designed it.

As for the practical answer, from my point of view, icons for AOD were specifically design to be plain white, and are part of the AOD APK, they are not provided by the apps. We could probably enable force AOD to use the original full-color app icons instead, but you should ask Xiaomi to provide a solution for this.

ciubex

Members
Nov 21, 2018
I'm using Yahoo Mail (com.yahoo.mobile.client.android.mail) as a primary email and I asked many time, why it is not displayed, I assumed that was an Yahoo Mail fault, but seems is related with above "Official MIUI white list"?
Can be included the Yahoo Mail package on your relesed ROM?
Or is any documentation available how can be added support to add icons/packages on AOD notifications?