Applicable Devices Eligible For Miui 10

Status
Not open for further replies.
But the versions for Mi 4 is also for Mi 3, until now... Why the Mi 3 is not listed?
Because Xiaomi dont guaranteed that will work on Mi3.
Example:
If you have a bug only on Mi3 and not on Mi4 they will never fixed because they dropped the support

Enviado do meu Redmi 5 Plus através do Tapatalk

Reactions: fermateus
You guys are getting too precious about the need for MIUI 10.. its largely based on Ai improvements for Chinese users... the rest is just MIUI 9 optimisation.

MIUI won't see a significant change till V11
I do believe it's mostly about the interface changes rather than under the hood optimizations.

Sent from my Redmi Note 5 using Tapatalk

Because Xiaomi dont guaranteed that will work on Mi3.
Example:
If you have a bug only on Mi3 and not on Mi4 they will never fixed because they dropped the support

Enviado do meu Redmi 5 Plus através do Tapatalk

Ok but this 2 devices share the same ROM (including the model name, Cancro) and they're different only in RAM, 4G Radio and IrDA... I remember that Xiaomi had release a Windows Phone ROM for the Mi 4 only but I think just because there was certain accord with Microsoft... Another example is if you flash the Redmi 2 (1GB RAM) with ROM for Redmi 2 Prime (2GB RAM), the device work also if it is not ufficial compatible (last version for Redmi 2 is based on Android 4.4, last version for Redmi 2 Prime is based on Android 5.1). I think that there're several chance that the ROM for Mi 4 will work on Mi 3 also

Ok but this 2 devices share the same ROM (including the model name, Cancro) and they're different only in RAM, 4G Radio and IrDA... I remember that Xiaomi had release a Windows Phone ROM for the Mi 4 only but I think just because there was certain accord with Microsoft... Another example is if you flash the Redmi 2 (1GB RAM) with ROM for Redmi 2 Prime (2GB RAM), the device work also if it is not ufficial compatible (last version for Redmi 2 is based on Android 4.4, last version for Redmi 2 Prime is based on Android 5.1). I think that there're several chance that the ROM for Mi 4 will work on Mi 3 also
No its not 100% same even Redmi 2 example 1GB dont have Volte Prime have Volte.

No its not 100% same even Redmi 2 example 1GB dont have Volte Prime have Volte.

Even more so, for this reason is conceivable... Different features and the Firmware works (in the example of the Redmi 2)... why shouldn't work for Mi 3? Anyway, who'll live will see... We've to wait some months to discover the verdict

You guys are getting too precious about the need for MIUI 10.. its largely based on Ai improvements for Chinese users... the rest is just MIUI 9 optimisation.

MIUI won't see a significant change till V11

There's good notification QoL changes as well. Quick reply in notification shade. Hold to expand notifications. FB messenger won't display heads up notifications while chat head is active. Discord notifications are fixed.

The recents will need some time to get used to though

There's good notification QoL changes as well. Quick reply in notification shade. Hold to expand notifications. FB messenger won't display heads up notifications while chat head is active. Discord notifications are fixed.

The recents will need some time to get used to though

How did you install google play in miui 10? :)

nevermind. got it :)

Last edited:
Because Mi5 was a flagship, Mi5x, Mi5s, Mi5c are from sersies Mi but are not flagship phones.

I can't quite understand this, since mi5s has Snapdragon 821 (flagship processor at the time), 3D Touch, better camera quality (I think worse in video because of no OIS), and 600 nit display, and mi5 has the 820 and no 3D Touch, making the mi5s a better flagship..

Reactions: Vasco Sousa
I can't quite understand this, since mi5s has Snapdragon 821 (flagship processor at the time), 3D Touch, better camera quality (I think worse in video because of no OIS), and 600 nit display, and mi5 has the 820 and no 3D Touch, making the mi5s a better flagship..

The ones like mi5s, mi5x, mi4c, mi4i, mi6x are, at least, reviewed flagships. They may be even better but realize that, mi4, mi5, mi6 sold much more than their brothers In fact I'm pretty sure that mi5 is Xiaomi's most sold phone until now

Ruyk7 mi5 very much, mi5s is not super!

Attachments

• Screenshot_2018-05-23-20-26-06-050_com.antutu.ABenchMark.png
    Screenshot_2018-05-23-20-26-06-050_com.antutu.ABenchMark.png
    129.6 KB · Views: 667
Last edited:
Sorry a question i have a redmi note 5 with band 20 that is sold in Italy what is his name? Vince or whyred?

But its not flagship its not general phone.
Allways general flagship are without letters.
General phones are Mi1, Mi3, Mi4, Mi5, Mi6, Mi8.
Xiaomi dont care about second version of thio phones example Mi4S,C,I, Mi5C,S,S+,MI6X etc

Mi5s didn't sold as many as mi5 so it doesn't deserve the same treatment. It's almost certain that mi5s will never get android oreo officialy and will continue to be a phone full of bugs and lags and will get EOL first than other older phones... Xiaomi don't care we are just a small slice of their profit cake... Just a sad story to them

I would just be glad if Miui got an option to sort apps alphabetically again. Guess that`s never gonna happen :(

For me it is more appropriate to have my max 2's os updated from 7.1.1 to 8.0.0 at least. Not so much to update MIUI 9 to 10. But as seen from the skeds, MIUI 10 is coming to the max 2 anyway. The question is will the MIUI 10 for max 2 already packs Oreo?

WIll there also be an update to the base android version on RN3SE (Kate/Kenzo)? It's still stuck to Android 6..

If not, I'm gonna give LineageOS a chance, where the stable branch is already based on 7.1.
Don't count on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.