Apps keep minimizing

xenodevil

Members
Jun 27, 2013
Hi,
Since may be 2 months ago, many (if not most) applications keep on minimizing randomly and I have no idea why is that so. Google returns no help whatsoever related to this issue. I'm totally stuck at this point.
I'm using Samsung GT-I9100 with MIUI 3.8.23.
I've been using MIUI ROM for over a year now but the issue is more recent. First it was the default email application. It never opened properly until I noticed that it went to background as soon as I opened it from notifications or app's icon and bringing it up from minimized apps worked (still happens the same way). Then the messaging app started minimizing too but it was more random with the messaging app. With time the issue grew in frequency. Now its so bad that I have installed another SMS app because the default app is no more useable...
Have I deleted some system files by mistake? I don't think so. I completely reinstalled the ROM to fix any deleted or corrupted files, just in case, but it didn't fix the problem.
Is it a hardware issue? Can the physical button malfunction to give false presses? But the thing is that some apps minimize more frequently than others. As I said, messaging app is not useable because it minimizes so often. The Facebook app or Firefox or WhatsApp etc minimize much, much less frequently...
I'll appreciate any help in the matter. Thanks in advance.
P.S. I can recorded a video of the issue, but it is of crappy quality as I do not have a better camera at the moment (very much visible and understandable, just crappy camera quality). Can share it if anyone thinks it might help...

Hi,
Since may be 2 months ago, many (if not most) applications keep on minimizing randomly and I have no idea why is that so. Google returns no help whatsoever related to this issue. I'm totally stuck at this point.
I'm using Samsung GT-I9100 with MIUI 3.8.23.
I've been using MIUI ROM for over a year now but the issue is more recent. First it was the default email application. It never opened properly until I noticed that it went to background as soon as I opened it from notifications or app's icon and bringing it up from minimized apps worked (still happens the same way). Then the messaging app started minimizing too but it was more random with the messaging app. With time the issue grew in frequency. Now its so bad that I have installed another SMS app because the default app is no more useable...
Have I deleted some system files by mistake? I don't think so. I completely reinstalled the ROM to fix any deleted or corrupted files, just in case, but it didn't fix the problem.
Is it a hardware issue? Can the physical button malfunction to give false presses? But the thing is that some apps minimize more frequently than others. As I said, messaging app is not useable because it minimizes so often. The Facebook app or Firefox or WhatsApp etc minimize much, much less frequently...
I'll appreciate any help in the matter. Thanks in advance.
P.S. I can recorded a video of the issue, but it is of crappy quality as I do not have a better camera at the moment (very much visible and understandable, just crappy camera quality). Can share it if anyone thinks it might help...
I am having the exact problem with my mi2s any ideas?

Last edited:
Experiencing the same problem with my 2 day old Xiaomi 4 W w/MIUI 6. Apps randomly minimize, including system apps. A fix would be more than nice :)