Aqara Switch And Electric Roller Shutters

Discussion in 'Xiaomi MiJia Smart / Wi-Fi Products' started by yuri abaev, Jun 19, 2017.

1. yuri abaev

yuri abaevMembers

Jun 19, 2017
    Male
    Is it possible to use the Aqara switch for contolling electric roller shutters?

By voltage spificiation its ok. but will it fit the expected functionality of a regular shutters switch?

2. dg123

dg123Members

Nov 12, 2017
    Hi Yuri,

I am also looking for roller shutter controller, did you manage to get this work?
    I was thinking of how do you prevent that both up and down commands are sent to the roller shutter by accidentally pressing both halves of the switch

Cheers

3. MarkHUK

MarkHUKFounder & Sys Op
    Staff Member

240v voltage is same in China as most of Europe, the only place you would have issues is Canada, where the voltage is 110v instead of 240v.

Your only other problem is retrofitting the plug with a compatible one, or using an adapter, but yes, principally it would work! :)

4. dg123

dg123Members

Nov 12, 2017
    Dear Mark,

Voltage seems OK, and I guess the rated power should be sufficient (I am not sure what is the requirements of my motor).
    But there is no protection from accidentaly pressing both buttons up and down at the same time which might cause short circuit.
    Do you know if anybody produces or plans to develop dedicated roller shutter controller?
    Thanks

Share Our Site