Are Miui Security Updates Legit?

rider1221

Members
Mar 15, 2016
I've been always amazed at how fast Xiaomi releases the monthly security updates,just take a look on your "about phone" settings,on the latest weekly my phone already has the august security patch...far too early.

There's not even a security bulletin for august,not even google or blackberry have already released their patches.

I've started to think that Xiaomi is not actually applying the security patches that early every month,maybe they are just changing the string of the date every month to give the illusion that they are updating.

There's a way to check by other means that those security updates are actually being applied?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-07-21-23-49-12-349_com.android.settings.png
    Screenshot_2016-07-21-23-49-12-349_com.android.settings.png
    169.9 KB · Views: 268
They compile it from Android source and don't wait for Google releases... So you have always latest patches..

~Tapatalk Mi5~

Reactions: rider1221
They compile it from Android source and don't wait for Google releases... So you have always latest patches..

~Tapatalk Mi5~

Thanks for your answer ingbrzy,I thought that the patches were added to the android source when the monthly bulletin was released.

Also,there's a special reason why xiaomi (and every other manufacturer I follow) don't even mention the new patches when they publish the changelogs?

Because they are not their changes..

~Tapatalk Mi5~