New Audio media playback through bluetooth poor quality

Welyndowd

Members
Jan 11, 2022
I recently switched from a Samsung S20 to a Xiaomi 11t. I use Sony WF-1000XM4 bluetooth headphones to listen to music. The sound volume and quality outputted from the 11t is substantially worse than what I used to get from the S20. The volume doesn't go high enough, even at full volume and using the noise cancelling on the Sony headphones I can still clearly hear outside noise, something that didn't happen with the S20. Also the sound quality is poor, music is muddy and subdued. There's no separation. I've tried all the different settings available to me, turning dolby off and on etc and nothing improves the experience. Annoyingly there are mi sound settings that are greyed out which I can only assume means that they aren't available on bluetooth headphones which is laudable as there's not even a standard audio jack only USB-C. The phone is running miui 12.5.6 android 11.

turn the preset to voice in the settings and turn absolute volume to off and also go into the sony app and make sure that the induvidual volume on both the headphones and phone is set to highest or at least headphones, you can try without the preset set to voice too

Setting to Voice in the dolby atmos settings helped a little. Certainly improved the quality a bit, less muffled. I couldn't find the 'absolute volume' setting?

Setting to Voice in the dolby atmos settings helped a little. Certainly improved the quality a bit, less muffled. I couldn't find the 'absolute volume' setting?
its in bluetooth settings itself, go to the device that is connected and pause any media or sound that i playing and then turn it off, when it off then you can max out the volume of the earbuds and then keep it at that and use your phone as to control volume from there, basically what absolute volume does ties this audio so that if you change it on your phone it changes the induvidual volume control the earbuds has to keep volumes to somewhat safe incase something is broken but when something isnt broken and will most likely not break from turning this off, this can make the overall max volume wayyy quieter. someone correct me on this if i am wrong

I recently switched from a Samsung S20 to a Xiaomi 11t. I use Sony WF-1000XM4 bluetooth headphones to listen to music. The sound volume and quality outputted from the 11t is substantially worse than what I used to get from the S20. The volume doesn't go high enough, even at full volume and using the noise cancelling on the Sony headphones I can still clearly hear outside noise, something that didn't happen with the S20. Also the sound quality is poor, music is muddy and subdued. There's no separation. I've tried all the different settings available to me, turning dolby off and on etc and nothing improves the experience. Annoyingly there are mi sound settings that are greyed out which I can only assume means that they aren't available on bluetooth headphones which is laudable as there's not even a standard audio jack only USB-C. The phone is running miui 12.5.6 android 11.
Change phone region to United States.

Reactions: jaysonccarolino
Did u activate this?

Yes mine could be a little bit louder too,, but I don't want to change the region

Attachments

• IMG_20220201_102305.png
    IMG_20220201_102305.png
    919.6 KB · Views: 1,517
Changing to United States and Restarting the phone really did it. Can someone explain how region affects the volume level?Or is it a bug?, now i can enjoy my audio loud and clear, true dolby atmos quality now. Thank you tmcommander.