Australian Warranty/Moderator Contact

Freddyx

Members
Jan 12, 2022
I've got a Mi 11 Ultra that I've purchased from an online store in Australia. The phone has worked fine since I received it December 2021. Somewhere along the lines of the USB connection there is a hardware fault.

The device no longer turbo charges or fast charges. The fastest speed with the original charger I've gotten is 0.7A (yay 2012 device charging speeds!). It only charges from specific chargers & won't connect to my PC or laptop at all.

Xiaomi expressly states it won't accept international warranty. It's grey import, a bit poor but understandable why Xiaomi won't touch it. The store I've purchased it from is stating that because I've modified the software & I've cracked the back camera bump lens, I've voided a warranty & they're refusing to repair the device. Note, I'm only interested in having the USB issue repaired under warranty, I'm at fault for the crack.

From what I've read on the ACCC website, the only reason they could refuse the warranty is from 'abnormal use' which is granted on a case by case situation. Obviously a cracked piece of glass isn't going to affect the USB & charging capabilities. However I'm sure they could call flashing a ROM abnormal because most people don't understand what that is.

If a moderator could write me a document that states that the ROM in no way affects the USB port, charging capabilities & the hardware capabilities of the device, I would eternally be grateful. I've tried to find somewhere privately to contact however I couldn't find anything. If anyone has or knows any other resource I could use to back up my claim of, 'modified software does not constitute as abnormal use' that would extremely helpful.

Apologies if this is the wrong avenue to contact someone. I'm at my wits end having a device that takes 5+ hours to charge & won't connect to a computer.

If the port is damaged, replacement part from ali costs like 4-5$ which requires minimal skill to replace (only need to remove back cover, temporarily disconnect the battery, replace a cable with the port attached, done), this might be a much faster process than fighting with warranty, could also change that camera glass at the same time (around 5$ again).

It could be the port itself, it could also be something else e.g. USB daughter board, ribbon cable, IC chip. Knowing my luck, it won't be a cheap fix. I'm confident enough to repair the device myself (last device I repaired was a Samsung s6/7 years ago so I'm rusty). I want to retain the waterproofing which I'm not confident/capable of. Considering I've purchased the device 6 months ago, I'd much rather get it professionally done.