B20 And Mi Max 2

Dec 28, 2017
Hi there , it is not a hardware issue , it is strictly software due to some kind of model based policy restrictions.
telecommunications support has been developed by Qualcomm so the source o hlos files have not been given in public yet .

But the Qualcomm hardware supports b20 and aggregated b3+b7 (LTE+)
I am just asking if there's a chance of getting a workaround on this ...

May 31, 2017
Antenna is different in b20 models. You can unlock it from software, but it does not work.
Have you checked this yourself? because I do not understand it, Mi MAX 2 supports the CDMA BC0 band, which is an 800 MHz band, that means that the antenna is ready to transmit on that frequency.

I have unlocked the B20 band on my Mi Max 2 but I still do not know if it works because the B20 band is not used in my area, but the B3 band for 4G.

Last edited:
May 31, 2017
How did you unlock B20?

Sent from my Mi Max 2 using Tapatalk
I use MIUI V9.2.1.0.NDDMIEK ROM, the method that I used has ten phases: (1) installation of TWRP (2) installation of Magisk for root (3) installation of NV_Calculator (4) theoretical calculation (decimal and hexadecimal) of factory values of Mi Max 2 for verification of NVRAM (5) theoretical calculation (decimal and hexadecimal) of new values including band B20 (6) put my Mi Max 2 in diagnostic mode (7) installation in PC of Qualcomm tools for access to NVRAM (8) checking, confirmation and replacement of Values in NVRAM (9) uninstall Magisk to remove root (10) reinstallation of ROM MIUI by fastboot method with option "save user data" to remove TWRP.

You can follow this video
as a reference but the LTE values in the NVRAM of Mi MAX 2 are different.

For B1+B3+B7+B8+B20+B28+B32+B38+B40 European LTE bands I put the value 689476993221 (decimal).

Last edited: