Bad quality problems.

josemanuelh

Members
Sep 22, 2018
I am trying to use my new Mi A2 lite mobile, but I cannot connect to a computer with USB, I have tried 6 different cables, changed USB ports, and even computers, no computer recognizes any device attached to it, when I connect with usb cable, sometimes (not always) phone starts charging, but the notification that allows to change connection mode has never showed up. So I guess the data connection of the xiaomi usb connector is defective, unless there is some ultra hidden setting somewhere that the seller or some xiaomi worker has activated by mistake.

Another issue that may be related is that if I use a micro sd card as internal memory, the phone gives me all the time storage errors so as to make it useless, I have removed sd card, it is a brand new 64GBxc1 class 10 card that works flawlessly in other phones. Is there any special requisite for the sd card uses that I am missing, or may it be another symptom of the problem?.

As for USB OTG it works, but I cannot write into a pendrive.

All in all it seems I have received a defective bad tested product by xiaomi.

Any help or should I send the phone back to the seller?

Start windows in safe mode without driver signature verification and install the Google Android USB driver and the Xiaomi Android USB driver. After that plugin your phone and it should work.
Nothing to do with your USB port it's just how windows handles drivers.

Sent from my Mi A2 using Tapatalk

Start windows in safe mode without driver signature verification and install the Google Android USB driver and the Xiaomi Android USB driver. After that plugin your phone and it should work.
Nothing to do with your USB port it's just how windows handles drivers.

not really, I managed to connect via fastboot and with the help of some advanced users unlock boot and flash original firmware, the result is still the same, no usb connection, no otg communication an sd as internal memory unusable

if it were only a windows problem my phone should recognize connection even if it were not functional, but it does not, it only charges

faulty hardware for sure, bad xiaomi quality control as the box was sealed when received

Last edited:
not really, I managed to connect via fastboot and with the help of some advanced users unlock boot and flash original firmware, the result is still the same, no usb connection, no otg communication an sd as internal memory unusable

if it were only a windows problem my phone should recognice conection even it it were not functional, but it does not, in only charges

faulty hardware for sure, bad xiaomi quality control as the box was sealed when received
Use the safe mode! I had the same problem. Safe mode + drivers = win.

Use the safe mode! I had the same problem. Safe mode + drivers = win.

windows safe mode has nothing to do with phone not recognizing usb connection, I don´t get you ... otg is not working either, and I need it seriously, this has nothing to do with windows safe mode ... as I told you I already connected in fast boot mode, but it is no use to me in everyday use

windows safe mode has nothing to do with phone not recognizing usb connection, I don´t get you ... otg is not working either, and I need it seriously, this has nothing to do with windows safe mode ... as I told you I already connected in fast boot mode, but it is no use to me in everyday use
Than don't try it ;)

That's definitely strange.i would necessarily call it a poor quality issue yet every company has like 1 out of a hundred have a issue.as for there updates I feel they need to soak test them better I haven't even used the January update just because it offers not thing and read some ppl bootlooped installing it.i would love to see more mod support for the lite tho doesn't seem to have much