Badge/ballon notifications?

tanin

Members
Mar 6, 2014
Hello,

Can anyone explain to me why some native apps support badge notifications while other apps, like Gmail, don't?

In my opinion, badge notifications is extremely useful, why not include it?

I don't have programming experience for MIUI but I can imagine that the application needs to "talk" to the balloon function. A notification is not nescessary a higher "number". For example, the mail balloon shows the number of unread mails, not the number of notifications. There is no way to show this specific counter without specific programming for MIUI - therefor, an app needs to "know" that it is running on MIUI, I guess.

I'm not sure about this, since you can get notifications for most apps in the notification shade/status bar, so MIUI knows that an app gets notifications.

Notifications, yes. For example when a new mail arrives, you'll have a notification. But when you clear this, doesn't mean that you have read the mail. Or you can mark a mail as "unread". This is the counter (balloon), and doesn't equals the number of notifications.

Notifications, yes. For example when a new mail arrives, you'll have a notification. But when you clear this, doesn't mean that you have read the mail. Or you can mark a mail as "unread". This is the counter (balloon), and doesn't equals the number of notifications.

Yeah, but I don't even get the balloon for many apps. Is it possible to get a balloon on the app icon?