New Battery charging on a ZTE v987 on 3.9.6

Codeman

Members
Aug 7, 2013
Hello,

I've noticed that sometimes, although the charging light is turned on, the phone does not charge. When I reboot the phone, it starts charging.

I *think* it happens when I connect the phone to the computer and connected the SD card as storage but I haven't been able to pinpoint an exact sequence.

1) Can this be a ROM (miui) bug, or is this a hardware (phone) bug ?
2) How can I collect more information about the problem, when the phone is not charging, to give to the developers?

Thank you !

Any update on this ? I upgraded a few times already and I'm now on 3.11.8, but I still have the same problem.

Anybody who experiences the same problem, or anybody who can confirm that he doesn't have this problem with his phone?

Thanks!

Hi,

I have the same problem, but my ROM it's not a Miui, it's one from Minideal. Sometimes the phone doesn't charge even the led is on and I have to reboot it.

Do you solve the problem?

Hi !

Yes, for me, the problem seems to be solved.

Have you by any chance played with settings in WSM (or any other program that changes something in the kernel) ? I *think* this problem was caused, at least for me, by WSM.
But upgrading MIUI is not enough to solve it as I did a lot of upgrades :-(

I completely reinstalled everything from a clean ROM (3.12.27 is a very stable version on the zte987 btw). What I did was reinstalling Clockwork Mod (english version, I had a chinese one), then I repartitioned the internal phone memory (so that it became 2.65 GB, with the Mediatek internal storage repartition tool), I reinstalled a clean ROM and then I reconfigured everything (so installing all apps from the android playstore again).

This seems to be a lot of work, I'm not 100% sure what solved it, but I tried to do this a lot of times and I think it had something to do with WSM... I guess you don't need to repartition when you don't want this, but clearing cache and all settings is at least nescessary i think...

The only problem that I have now is that (very seldom, maybe max. once a week) the phone turns off, and the back button problem that still exists, but I can live with that :)

Let me know if you find the real cause!

Thank you for your help!. I’ll try your advices. I’ve never installed the WSM, in fact, the phone was for my mother and I only installed the basic apps. The ZTE comes with the minideal ROM (I’ll check what version), rooted with a chinese recovery and, except for this, it works great (well, the back button problem is there but it’s not a big deal). Next weekend I’m gonna flash the English CWM and a clean ROM, it it doesn’t work I’ll repartition the internal memory, I have another MTK phone (Xiaomi Red Rice) and I know how to do it.

I’ll inform you.

Well, today I have flashed the last ROM to my mother's ZTE and nothing more, I hope that this will fix the issue or I'll have to try something else. I'm not very sure because she said me that the phone sometimes does not charge even when it's off (but led and battery icon are ON and working...)

Hey!

I was wondering if your problem is solved .... I do hope so :)

I never experienced the charging problems anymore.