New Battery Drain On Mi5

Feb 1, 2016
hi guys,
ever since i updated my mi5 to miui 9 i'm suffering from battery drain.
i used to get through the day without charging until i went to sleep and still have battery left. now i have to charge through the day.
i tried to wipe. nothing helps.
does it happen to everyone? what can i do?
miui version 9.2.1.0 stable.

Jan 26, 2017
Same on my mi5s. 8.2.1 weekly. Also have problems with a terrible lag on contact and phone app. Have to wait a few seconds before a contact is opened

Dec 11, 2016
Same on my Mi5, updated to 8.2.1 weekly, but I noticed this problem a while back.
MiFit access to location was draining my battery. Seems to be better now, but still not what it should be
I will definitely try this, better than nothing. Most of the battery drain comes from system services (and it shouldn't).

Feb 1, 2016
hi guys!
any luck?
i'm with 9.5.1.0 and the battery is still shi*.
also deleted the mi fit and google fit apps, no change.

Dec 11, 2016
hi guys!
any luck?
i'm with 9.5.1.0 and the battery is still shi*.
also deleted the mi fit and google fit apps, no change.
Try the last android 8 beta and blow xiaomi and sim activation service from the face of the Earth, and make sure they don't come back. Best battery life in months.

Dec 11, 2016
should i try that?
i have no problems with the sim activation that i know of.
Just try and get rid of xiaomi service framework (still trying to find if it makes any sense). I deleted the sim activation app mostly because I didn't want to waste my cents to activate a service i don't use

Feb 1, 2016
Just try and get rid of xiaomi service framework (still trying to find if it makes any sense). I deleted the sim activation app mostly because I didn't want to waste my cents to activate a service i don't use
thanks for the info.
i'll try the new beta hope i'll get my battery back!